cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When and best way to freshen up older listings?

Hello all, I am just getting started on eBay and curious about how people are freshening up older listings. I am just hitting my 90 day mark and some of my first listings are still just sitting there. People say that changing them up will make a difference, but just unsure of best practices in doing so.

Thanks for any insight.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@providere1974 wrote:

People say that changing them up will make a difference, but just unsure of best practices in doing so.

IMHO there is no "best practice" for making a listing more likely to sell, because there are so many different reasons why a listing is not selling.

It could be just sitting there because no one wants it. All the "freshening up" in the world will not make that item sell.

It could also be sitting there because the price is too high. In that case, the only "freshening up" it needs  is to lower the price.

Another reason for an item getting stale is that your title does not include the keywords that buyers are using. In that case, the "freshening up" that it needs  is for you to sit down and think like a buyer and make sure it is being caught by logical searches. And don't forget to check your spelling, too 🙂

Another reason for a lack of sales is that buyers are using the item specifics to filter their searches, and yours are not filled out.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Take new pictures or rotate pictures so another one is first.

Rotate between auction and fixed.

Rotate between higher price with free shipping and lower price with shipping fee.

Change title.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Do what the others said.. check the category. Sometimes an item can fit in several categories. Edit the text a bit.   Make sure you have good photos. If the photos are dark or fuzzy or show clutter, retake them.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@providere1974 wrote:

Hello all, I am just getting started on eBay and curious about how people are freshening up older listings. I am just hitting my 90 day mark and some of my first listings are still just sitting there. People say that changing them up will make a difference, but just unsure of best practices in doing so.

Thanks for any insight.

All the previous posters have already offered the best advice  so the only thing else I can add  is just make sure when you take your photos  a dog isn't doing a doody in the background . 🙂  Tulips 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply