cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Value Fee Whammy

So, today I checked my payments tab, and it turns out that they deducted final value fees from hundreds of items going back to mid-October. There is an entry for the final value fees and another for the 30-cent payment processing fee. 

I went back and checked some items, and the fee amounts were dated today and yesterday. It appears the fees were not removed at the time of payment. Or, perhaps, that is how they want it to look. LOL

I have contacted the Facebook group and am awaiting a reply. I haven't seen any other comments on this subject in the forums. It seems odd that it would only affect me. 

Just letting you know to check your transactions. It was a rude surprise before my morning coffee.  

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Final Value Fee Whammy

@heckofagame wrote:

So, today I checked my payments tab, and it turns out that they deducted final value fees from hundreds of items going back to mid-October. There is an entry for the final value fees and another for the 30-cent payment processing fee. 

I went back and checked some items, and the fee amounts were dated today and yesterday. It appears the fees were not removed at the time of payment. Or, perhaps, that is how they want it to look. LOL

I have contacted the Facebook group and am awaiting a reply. I haven't seen any other comments on this subject in the forums. It seems odd that it would only affect me. 

Just letting you know to check your transactions. It was a rude surprise before my morning coffee.  

@heckofagame sorry this happened to you.

Per eBay staff, this is a known sitewide issue and you can refer to ALERT14305 when contacting support.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/When-did-eBay-stop-taking-FVF-s-immediately-from-orders/m-p/33...

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Final Value Fee Whammy

@valueaddedresource  

Thank you for the info!

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

Final Value Fee Whammy

Hello,

This was my experience this morning as well.  Tons of fees far exceeding any sales money I had in my account, with huge batches of fees deducted over several hours last night.  Was not expecting this at all, it gave me huge amounts of stress and anxiety heading into my day.

I was only able to contact someone via messaging chat, and I was assured the batches are caught up now, and should not happen again as FVFs will occur at the time of transaction like they are supposed to.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Final Value Fee Whammy

It was a bit of a shock. I was expecting a payment deposit, but instead, I have to make a payment. **bleep**.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Final Value Fee Whammy

Same I was expecting a payout and what do I see, $450 owed. FVF's dating back as far as 10/28 from what I could see. I contacted support and they confirmed there is a known issue and they are working on it. Sure hope they fix this today because I can't have that kind of money taken out of my bank when I need to pay my household expenses. 

I'm talking to someone in IG chat and they don't appear to be aware of it. Been going in circles with them about the issue that they just need to talk to their colleagues about. 

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Final Value Fee Whammy

Hi!

Are you saying they double charged you?   If not then why would you not check every sale to make sure things are correct? When you withdrawal money from a bank do you count it right there? Or when you shop do you not count you change they give you? 

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Final Value Fee Whammy

Not a double charge.   Regular fees that weren't figured daily.

For the last 6 weeks ebay has not been deducting FVFs,  Promos,  International fees.

I noticed some time ago they weren't charging this stuff off, and figured it would all get caught up 

at once,  And it did.

Instead of a $200.00 Payout this AM I find I owe ebay more than $250.00

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Final Value Fee Whammy

I just checked and the only one I had where FVF weren't taken out up front and were charged last night was a MQ sale on the 16th of November.

I wonder what the criteria was that caused some accounts to be affected and not others.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Final Value Fee Whammy

I think the criteria was that if spent your time defending eBay's sometimes questionable decisions, you got a surprise today. 

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Final Value Fee Whammy

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

I just checked and the only one I had where FVF weren't taken out up front and were charged last night was a MQ sale on the 16th of November.

I wonder what the criteria was that caused some accounts to be affected and not others.

@toomuchstuffagain35 it would be nice to know what the supposed promo was.

My guess is it may be something like last year's similar issue - in that situation the promo was only supposed to apply to items that offered Personalization but instead it was randomly applied to sales in categories that don't even offer the personalization option.

I know in that instance it actually showed a message on the transaction record that said "pay no final value fees on listings that offer personalization - special promotion."

nofvf-1.jpg

Since support has referenced a "promo" for multiple sellers here, my guess is it was a similar promo for no final fees that was supposed to be limited maybe to a certain category or something, but again was messed up on eBay's side and applied to listings they didn't mean for it to.

If you look at the original sale for that item, not the fees that just showed up, are there any messages where the fees would normally be shown that indicate a promotion?

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

Final Value Fee Whammy

Nope. Nothing about promos.

I've been through a similar promo 'glitch' to what you described and that one clearly showed on the original transaction that it was a promo. IIRC in that case in the end we weren't charged the fees later for ebay's scre- erm glitch.

I also had other sales on the same date and the FVF was charged up front as usual.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Final Value Fee Whammy

I love how when Ebay is processing my payments for next day deposit it takes days on end, but when they came to get this money from their own error within 8 hours they had bounced my checking account and withdrawn the rest out of my credit card.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Final Value Fee Whammy

I have the same problem. I noticed it 2 days ago & looked back at the items sold. eBay did not take out the fees until 2 days ago. That's starting from October. I called customer service & they are looking into it. HA 

Really gets me going that they can't keep it together. I am trying to hang on eBay but they just keep F_CKING UP.  I sell on 3 different platforms & yes eBay is still my number 1 selling platforms. I think because I spend more time on it.  EBAY REALLY DON"T  LIKE  FINANCIAL  SURPRISES!!!  You are not on top of the game. 

FIX THIS!!!!!!!

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Final Value Fee Whammy

Ebay charged my credit card on file twice early this morning for duplicate transaction fees already deducted about a week ago. Plus all of my funds being processed for sales on Sunday & Monday disppeared from my the processing funds tab in the seller hub. Ebay CS said it was a widespread problem & they added my name to a list of affected buyers & will be reversing the credit card charges in hopefully 24 hours. Now that is a rude awakening all before enjoying some Cheerios. 

Check all those fees & make sure they pay your funds for Sunday & Monday. 

Hang in there everyone!!

Message 15 of 28
latest reply