cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

I almost always leave feedback for buyers but so many buyers do not reciprocate. It tells me that they're satisfied with their purchase for one thing if they do. One buyer I sold to hadn't left feedback to sellers for more than one year. I may stop leaving it first until I know the buyer responds. It's almost futile nowadays to do so.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Feedback

@kidsinnc 

Feedback is not required.  It is totally voluntary by both the buyer or the seller.  If you receive good feedback, congratulations.  eBay does not require anyone to give or receive feedback.  

Happy Selling. 

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

Since I rarely track my shipments, I leave feedback on shipment

"Thank you for your prompt payment. Shipped 18/11/23 Canada Post Air Mail."

In my opinion this has several uses.

It is polite to thank the customer.

It tells the customer the purchase is on its way.

It reminds the customer that the shipment may be a little slower since it is an international delivery.

It tells me where to look in my books if there is a problem.

I get about 40% feedback in return.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

I leave feedback on all the cheap purchases immediately. The purchases that are very high buyer has to leave feedback first before I do. Yea, some buyers don't leave feedback...I have some of those never left feedback in a year....but they are great buyers.

I generally don't leave feedback for a purchase...shame on me...I don't want other buyers to know who I get great deals from.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

Feedback is voluntary.  Buyers will leave it, or they won't.  Ditto sellers.

I always leave it upon payment, as a quick and easy way to say "thank you," as I would at the counter in a brick-and-mortar.  Whether or not the buyer responds in kind, or responds at all, doesn't matter to me.

-

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

I generally don't leave feedback for a purchase...shame on me...I don't want other buyers to know who I get great deals from.

And yet your sellers left you feedback so your buyers can still see who your great deals are from..lol 

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

@kidsinnc wrote:

I may stop leaving it first until I know the buyer responds. It's almost futile nowadays to do so.

Not leaving feedback for your buyers will definitely only decrease the number of feedbacks they will leave for you.

I buy from dozens of places online, the ONLY place I leave feedback is eBay and only because I know there are sellers here that are obsessed with receiving feedback.

Don't get me wrong I love to have people say nice things about me but I don't get bothered if they don't. Buyers these days are bombarded by feedback request, survey requests etc. most/many are tired of the constant barrage.

At least when the grocery store wants me to fill out a survey (on the receipt) they offer the chance to win some form of prize for doing so.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

I always leave feedback for the buyer as soon as they pay.  Out of 35 sales delivered this week i received 4 feedbacks from the buyers. It seems buyers receive their purchase and they go on to the next. I may pick up a few more but it seems i get less and less feedback.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

Time was that I wasted my time looking to see if a buyer regularly left feedback, and when they did not, I did not bother.

Fast forward. What a waste of time on my part. I went back to my standard policy of leaving feedback for the buyer once I had shipped the item.

I don't need the feedback.

Not leaving feedback could result in a numpty buyer leaving a negative because they did not get glowing positive feedback just for paying for their item.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

We have seen posts here from buyers that state they will not buy from a seller that did not leave them feedback and will check to see if sellers leave feedback before making future purchases. A kindergarten "gold star" mentality.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

Just a warning.........some buyers are fanatics about feedback and will leave a neg if they don't get one.........I'm of the opinion that to leave it first, unless there is some kind of problem, is being proactive to prevent "getting" a neg.      

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Since I rarely track my shipments, I leave feedback on shipment

"Thank you for your prompt payment. Shipped 18/11/23 Canada Post Air Mail."

In my opinion this has several uses.

It is polite to thank the customer.

It tells the customer the purchase is on its way.

It reminds the customer that the shipment may be a little slower since it is an international delivery.

It tells me where to look in my books if there is a problem.

I get about 40% feedback in return.

You are killin it at 40%. I leave automagic feedback with a thank you and garner maybe 15% or so in a good month. Might be due to my buyers being mostly business types.  

It is mostly the ebayers that have been here since yesteryear leaving feedback. It is like a tradition for some and I reckon I resemble that profile. I leave it for every seller as well.

Posting ID
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

Many of my buyers seem to be the occasional shopper who don't bother leaving feedback. Checking their feedback I notice most haven't posted any return feedback in over 6 months or a year.  

I always leave buyers feedback right after I print their shipping label because I'm happy that they selected my item instead of my competitors. And if they do leave me feedback then I'm even happier.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

@12345james

Many sellers do all their buying with a separate account.

We are allowed to have several. I have seven myself although only four are active.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

I have sold MANY  Items to one person over the last 5 years. I always leave him feedback.

He has NEVER left me feedback.

James

Message 15 of 21
latest reply