cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

I almost always leave feedback for buyers but so many buyers do not reciprocate. It tells me that they're satisfied with their purchase for one thing if they do. One buyer I sold to hadn't left feedback to sellers for more than one year. I may stop leaving it first until I know the buyer responds. It's almost futile nowadays to do so.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Feedback

@lakefor94 wrote:

You are killin it at 40%. I leave automagic feedback with a thank you and garner maybe 15% or so in a good month. Might be due to my buyers being mostly business types.  

I'm destroying the world at 49.46% received for 2023 even including orders I shipped in the last 4 days and haven't been delivered.

Back in the ancient times it was about 85% and yes quite a few of my buyers have been on eBay for 2 decades or more.

I leave feedback erratically, in theory once per week but I'm a slacker so it can be 2 weeks.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

@jmcdj wrote:

I have sold MANY  Items to one person over the last 5 years. I always leave him feedback.

He has NEVER left me feedback.

James

You should block them for this outrage...........(sarcasm!)

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

Downright nukin' it, for sure.

Posting ID
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

One nice thing about being a seller and leaving feedback for your buyers ... if you BUY on the same account you SELL on, and you leave FB for every buyer, you flood your "Left For Others" feedback tab. That way if you (as a buyer) leave a neg for a seller, it gets drown out / diluted so it's less noticeable on your profile .... 🙈

Stupid, simple, little, non-critical benefit but it's a selfish and self centered benefit of leaving others feedback

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

I almost always leave feedback for buyers but since you can only leave positive feedback for buyers there have been a few exceptions. As a seller my feedback percentage has been dropping for a number of years and is probably now only 10-20%. It just seems to be a trend in a faster paced environment and changing buyer demographics. I seldom purchase anything on eBay these days but when I do I always leave feedback. 

In all reality the feedback is less and less relevant these days. A buyer is only going to have positive feedback and in eBay's eyes a sellers feedback history means little in the face of seller performance evaluation. 

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Feedback

I leave feedback for my buyers when I ship - thanking them for their patronage and letting them know their item is on the way. That's the end of the matter.

If they leave me feedback, I really appreciate it, but they don't have to.

I believe in not sweating the petty stuff or petting the sweaty stuff.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 21 of 21
latest reply