cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

the  calculation for positive feedback should be looked at again.  ebay should somehow include the neutral comments in your calculations.  the overwhelming majority of the neutral comments lean towards the negative side.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Feedback

You are talking about a process that is optional and is also considered pretty useless since sellers cannot leave anything except positive feedback for buyers.  

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Feedback

As long as you're reading the comments, whether positive, neutral or negative, you're getting a good handle on what other buyers think of a seller. You can consider the comments and overlook the percentage, if that works better for you.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Feedback

If that is important in your decision making, just do the math yourself and include any neutrals you see in the calculation.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Feedback

@rmrm475 wrote:

the  calculation for positive feedback should be looked at again.  ebay should somehow include the neutral comments in your calculations.  the overwhelming majority of the neutral comments lean towards the negative side.

I lost all faith in the Feedback Ratings here this year, as I'm seeing too much feedback removal/manipulation, to help bad high volume sellers.

Not calculating the Neutral's in some manner is just another example of not getting a clear picture.  Some Neutrals were actually Negatives that were changed to Neutrals, again to paint a different picture.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Feedback

@soh.maryl wrote:

You are talking about a process that is optional and is also considered pretty useless since sellers cannot leave anything except positive feedback for buyers.  

It's a process I used as a frequent buyer here for 9 years (i.e. looking at a Seller's Feedback Ratings, to determine if I wanted to purchase from them.). 

I lost faith in the Feedback Ratings in 2019 and this is one of the reasons I stopped buying here.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Feedback

So a buyer left a neutral and you want ebay to reinterpret as either a neg or positive?  lol, I doubt buyers are going to like that..............

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Feedback

@pburn wrote:
As long as you're reading the comments, whether positive, neutral or negative, you're getting a good handle on what other buyers think of a seller. You can consider the comments and overlook the percentage, if that works better for you.

When Feedback is removed improperly (which has been happening a lot lately) you're not able to get a complete picture of the Seller and you don't get to read all of the comments.

The "percentage" for me was one of the most important things I looked at when I purchased.  I did this every time for >1000 purchases in 9 years.

Until 2019, when I lost faith in the Feedback Ratings at eBay and stopped buying here.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Feedback

@fern*wood wrote:

If that is important in your decision making, just do the math yourself and include any neutrals you see in the calculation.

I don't think buyers want to sit there and do math ... they want to look at Seller Ratings and trust that they're accurate.

My experience here, and after reading many complaints from other members, points to a serious problem of Feedback removal/manipulation (mostly for bad high volume sellers).

I lost faith in the Feedback Ratings and eBay, so I stopped buying here.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Feedback

@dhbookds wrote:

So a buyer left a neutral and you want ebay to reinterpret as either a neg or positive?  lol, I doubt buyers are going to like that..............

eBay should factor in the Neutrals.  An example would be if you had 100 Sales with Feedback and 90% were Neutral and only 10% Positive.

Do you think the Seller deserves a 100% Positive Feedback Rating?  Something is clearly a concern with this Seller and this should be reflected in the final number somehow.

The calculation should be based on the number of Neutrals (as a percentage) and not trying to AI interpret the comments.

I think Buyers are going to like it. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Feedback

Sure didn't know feedback factored into your decision to stop buying........as I remember (certainly could be faulty), you stopped because there was a problem with Internet Explorer and you were unwilling to use a different browser....you contacted the people you knew, but it wasn't immediately fixed and you said you quit buying.......

Feedback has been the same, concerning positives/negs/neutrals, for a number of years here and apparently it wasn't a concern during those years you were buying......

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Feedback

A neutral means the buyer was mildly annoyed or didn't feel very strongly at all.

A negative means the buyer was furious and felt cheated.

Neither means anything in terms of eBay's evaluation of the seller's account.

Feedback gives a poor overview of a seller's business practices since only about 40% or less of transactions get any feedback, and it is more likely that an annoyed customer will leave it.

If the seller messed up the transaction, your first step should be the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Feedback

@greg5000 wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

I don't think buyers want to sit there and do math ... they want to look at Seller Ratings and trust that they're accurate.

My experience here, and after reading many complaints from other members, points to a serious problem of Feedback removal/manipulation (mostly for bad high volume sellers).

I lost faith in the Feedback Ratings and eBay, so I stopped buying here.

Maybe not, but if it is that important to someone, then why not solve the problem yourself? 

If you choose to stop buying over feedback, that is your choice, but you choose to lose out on lots of good items at generally great prices.  I never worry about feedback when I buy.  I bought something a couple days ago and this thread reminded me I didn't even look at feedback --- I really never think to.   I already received my item, so maybe I will go back and see what their feedback looks like just out of curiosity.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Feedback

For a brief and miserable 6 months or so several years back, eBay announced that neutrals would be counted as negative.    Apparently MEH  and OK was equated with TRULY HORRENDOUS WORST SELLER EVER!

If neutral = leaning toward negative = negative, then why have neutral at all? Let buyers lean, I say!  Buyers have the right to be simply underwhelmed. 

The fact that a buyer was hoping for multiple paroxysms of joy and only got 1 paroxysm, is not necessarily a negative experience, just not as marvelous as fantasized about.

Anyway, way back in the whenever past, by the end of 6 months, eBay had received so much flak about it that they said sorry, never mind and went back to the old way.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Feedback

@greg5000 wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

eBay should factor in the Neutrals.  An example would be if you had 100 Sales with Feedback and 90% were Neutral and only 10% Positive.

Do you think the Seller deserves a 100% Positive Feedback Rating?  Something is clearly a concern with this Seller and this should be reflected in the final number somehow.

Well now, I don't know.  Take for example a seller who offers mostly copies of How to Win Friends and Influence People. Is it the seller's fault if at least 10% of the buyers don't win more friends and influence more people?

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 15 of 17
latest reply