cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback and Concerns Regarding eBay's Automated Offers Feature

Hello eBay Community,

I wanted to start a discussion about eBay's recent push encouraging users to enable the automated offers feature on their listings. While the concept is innovative and can potentially benefit both sellers and buyers, there are some fundamental issues with its current implementation that need addressing. These problems not only make the process cumbersome and time-consuming but also create a somewhat misleading experience regarding how discounts are applied to future price changes.

1. Incompatibility with eBay's Business Policies: A significant issue is the feature's incompatibility with existing eBay Business Policies. When automated offers are active for a product, it becomes impossible to adjust certain attributes, such as Handling Times, in the Business Policy. Since Automated Offers essentially puts the item into a continuous offer cycle, to update the Business policy for shipping, one must end the automated offer and wait for a lengthy 48 hours for all active offers to expire. This delay can be quite disruptive for sellers looking to make timely adjustments to their shipping policies.

2. Static Dollar Amount for Future Offers: The system currently converts the percentage of discount into a static dollar amount for all future automatic offers. This approach does not consider future price increases or decreases on the listing. As a result, sellers may inadvertently offer discounts that are either too high or too low, based on the original price at which the automated offer was set up. This lack of dynamic pricing adjustment can lead to unintended pricing strategies and potential losses or reduced margins for sellers.

3. Lack of Bulk Management Tools: Another critical issue is the inability to manage these offers in bulk. Currently, disabling automatic offers must be done individually for each listing. This limitation is particularly cumbersome for sellers with a large volume of listings, as it requires a significant amount of time and effort to manage offers on a per-listing basis.

I believe these issues warrant attention and discussion within our community and hopefully with eBay's development team. The automated offers feature has great potential, but these limitations can hinder its effectiveness and efficiency. I'd love to hear thoughts from other members on this topic and any potential workarounds or solutions you've found.

Thank you for considering these points, and I look forward to a constructive discussion.

Best regards,
RAK

Jon
eCommerce Sales Manager
RAK Distribution (on eBay)
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Feedback and Concerns Regarding eBay's Automated Offers Feature

If the program doesn't work for you, then don't use it. We don't need to form a committee.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I’m glad eBay came up with a way to discourage buyers  from bidding, making offers and not paying. 
Like the previous poster said “If the program doesn’t work for you, then don’t use it”. 
That’s my 2 cents on the discussion.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@ebooksdiva & @heckofagame  neither of you have contributed positively to this conversation. It's recommended that you leave the conversation to those who actually care rather than spread toxicity on the platform.

Jon
eCommerce Sales Manager
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Just because they don't agree with you doesn't mean they haven't contributed positively to the conversation.  They have both given great advice.  And I agree with them.  If it doesn't work for you, then don't use it.  There are sellers who it works well for and there is no need to change it and hurt them.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You asked for people to join your discussion, but when those of us aren’t opposed to the payment requirement for making offers and bidding, we’re not helpful. You said nothing about just discussing your dislike of the subject. 
I for one, am entitled to my opinion just as you are. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I disagree with all of you. When fundamental flaws of the tool are identified, we should work together to try to fix them. If you want no part of it, then ignore the conversation. This community is liken to a bunch if piranhas waiting to eat each other alive rather than to rally together, bring attentions to valid issues, and work to make this platform better. It's clear that many of you want none of these things since “If the program doesn’t work for you, then don’t use it” is not only poor advice, but enables eBay to continue with incomplete/broken features on the platform.

I'll wait for those who actually care.

Regards,

RAK

Jon
eCommerce Sales Manager
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

well the above answers/**bleep** was no help, just a lot of people in a **bleep** mood. Go have another cup of coffee and come back when you can tell people how this works. That's all I want to know. or tell me where I can find this out. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@rakdistribution wrote:

@ebooksdiva & @heckofagame  neither of you have contributed positively to this conversation. It's recommended that you leave the conversation to those who actually care rather than spread toxicity on the platform.

IMHO, trying to silence other people because you do not agree with their opinion is the only thing on this thread that is spreading toxicity on this platform.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply