cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay cancelled a purchase after it was paid and shipped to buyer

I received notice that the item was paid for and I shipped the item 3 days after it was paid. On the 4th day, ebay cancels the sale with this

We wanted to let you know that a bid or order for the listing below was canceled because of an issue with the buyer’s account
We understand that this must be disappointing, but unfortunately the buyer, maizie_33, is no longer registered on eBay so we had to cancel all of their open transactions.

the money was in my ebay account two days ago, and now it is not. Buyer no longer exists on ebay. 

how does this happen??

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@todaysvintage 

There could be a lot of reasons why they were suspended.  Bottom line....eBay did you a favor.  This person may have been prior suspended for bad behavior under another ID or made a habit of not paying the sellers.  Too many strikes and they can't purchase anything for up to 12 months.  Sorry for your situation. 

Happy Selling and Holidays. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Don't understand why the money was deducted.........sounds like you shipped.......was the transaction marked with a tracking  #? 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

eBay does not take back the funds from a sale of an eBayer no longer registered.

I am assuming item was not marked as shipped yet and that's why you lost the funds.

I had 4 sales "eBayer no longer registered" just this month and no sales were taken away from me.

I mark "shipped" the next day.

Usually the email comes a week later about such and such no longer an eBayer.

I never got such an email in 4 days...but maybe eBay is cracking down on these buyers lately...which is a good thing.

I have had maybe a dozen such and never the money was ever taken back.

And all of my shipments  were without tracking...so tracking has nothing to do with it.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Just a heads up...tracking has nothing to do with it...I had 4 in a month's timeframe...all without tracking...but never lost the funds from those buyers.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Actually, ebay does take back funds from transactions of buyers who's accounts were recently terminated, its happened to me multiple times over the years.

A lot of times ebay has to claw back the funds because of fraud; such as the case where someone is using a stolen credit card and fake credentials to make purchases.

I just call and whine until ebay gives me back my money. They'll usually credit your fees for the amount you lost from the sale, but you have to call to get it.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Just message eBay or call and they will take care of it.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I had 6 of these in one week-I kept the money

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Hi 12345jamesstamps - the item was marked paid. The next day I shipped and buyer was sent the tracking number.  The next day Ebay cancelled the sale.  I'm thinking now of waiting 3-4 days before shipping an item to be sure the payment has cleared.  Lesson learned the hard way )-:

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Gail5176 - you must have had a different situation - Ebay took the money

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

gamersbaystore - Thank you for the advice - I'll have to hunt for how to call ebay...

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

dhbookds - yes, I was first given the money.  I bought the postage through ebay, and the buyer was notified with a tracking number.  The next day ebay took the money back

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

PS - I had already brought the box to the post office after ebay notified me that they took the money

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

ckimodog - I'm not sure how ebay is doing ME a favor by taking the money and me not having the item to resell.  Ebay and the credit card companies that host payments make plenty of money and should be responsible for the fraud that they missed - not the seller of the item.  I am out the money AND the item

Message 14 of 14
latest reply