cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Suggestion

I would like to suggest that eBay make an option for sellers to block buyers who leave a large number of negative feedbacks in a year. Since eBay doesn't seem to remove these buyers, it would be an option for sellers not to deal with them. I try to check for feedback left prior to accepting an offer, but some people pay full price & just arrive upon your doorstep. I would like to be able to have the option to block buyers who leaves more that 3 negative feedback within a year - whether they are right or wrong. I just don't want to be bothered with this. 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Feedback Suggestion

@valeries_trunk 

Your responses to the neutrals reflect worse on you than the feedback comments. 

And I strongly recommend you read the feedback policy! Sellers cannot leave "SELLERS BEWARE" comments, or any other negative comments for their buyers! Yikes! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

I don't really see the problem.

Have you been spending too much time with CS getting negs removed?

You appear to be an excellent seller per your feedback rating/history.

Just one neg in the past 3000 + feedbacks (seems that one should not exist, as you state the buyer did not pay)

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

I wouldn't be so quick to judge until you have been on eBay for 22 years & have more than 87 FB! I am speaking not only for myself, but for others who have posted this problem in FB groups. As a seller, I would like to be able to filter out habitual negative FB buyers. That is all I am saying. Perhaps you have never seen the # of negatives that some buyers leave. It makes me cringe to see that one of these people has purchased something from me & to realize that there is a good chance the buyer will not be happy - no matter what I do. That is all I am saying. And I am well aware of eBays FB policies. I will continue to leave such FB when the situation arises, until something happens otherwise. So keep your "Yikes" to yourself. You are an eBay baby. You havent' been around long enough to see all the ins & outs!

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

I think biz was referring to that buyer continuing to buy from others. I think biz is on top of knowing when to block 🙂

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

@valeries_trunk wrote:

...You are an eBay baby. You havent' been around long enough to see all the ins & outs!

Again, posting IDs.

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

@valeries_trunk 

I will use this Mentor as an example, since they are who you mentioned.

Our fellow Mentor, @albertabrightalberta is using a posting ID, as many of us here do. 

Their stats show they have taken the time here on these help forums, to respond 16524 times since 2011. 

Sixteen thousand times they volunteered their time to help a fellow ebay user who popped up on these boards looking for help. 
There are some Mentors with zero feedback on their posting ID. 

Feedback is so irrelevant.

I wonder why what brought you to post this topic here today. You don't have any negative feedback.

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 21 of 30
latest reply

@dryophelia wrote:

...  I wonder why what brought you to post this topic here today. You don't have any negative feedback.

But OP has left it, in the form of "false positives" in direction violation of eBay policy.  Luckily for OP, so far none of those buyers has taken action against those FBs.

-

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

But OP has left it, in the form of "false positives" in direction violation of eBay policy.  Luckily for OP, so far none of those buyers has taken action against those FBs.

-

Yes, I did see those, and the responses to the neutrals they received. Their feedback going out is way worse than the feedback coming in.

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 23 of 30
latest reply

@valeries_trunk wrote:

And I am well aware of eBays FB policies. I will continue to leave such FB when the situation arises, until something happens otherwise.

Clearly not! Some of these buyers will know to report those comments you left them and will report. 

@valeries_trunk wrote:

You are an eBay baby. You havent' been around long enough to see all the ins & outs!

You've never heard of posting IDs? I've been on ebay over 20 years and know the ins and outs. However I'm not naive enough to claim to know "all" the ins and outs.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

...  I've been on ebay over 20 years and know the ins and outs. However I'm not naive enough to claim to know "all" the ins and outs.

But one thing you know with certainty, as do I and as does everyone else with common sense, is that when  one deals with the general public as a retailer, there is no way to pre-screen every potential buyer so as to ensure having only sweet customers.  The occasional difficult (if not downright psychotic) buyer is to be expected and dealt with.

-

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

@valeries_trunk 

Many of the "eBay Babies" on their "high horses" posting with low feedback scores on their accounts are using their "posting account" because people get upset about responses given. Your misguided accusations and reactions to responses in this thread is the perfect example of why people do it.

Some of the folks responding have been on eBay for longer than you have, and some have far more feedback than you do.  

I did not disagree that there are buyers that are never satisfied but there are buyers that leave legitimate feedback for a bad transaction. Your solution would potentially not allow that buyer that has left legitimate bad feedback on bad sellers to buy anything at all, and eBay is not going to let that happen.

If there was a rule that sellers could blanket block a buyer that has left x amount of bad feedback, the bad buyers would simply not leave feedback at all and that would prevent the little opportunity a seller currently has to vet a buyer when a buyer asks questions or gets an offer. 

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

I mean...I'm looking at a buyers last 50 feedback left for others and it's a sea of RED.  That's what I need to block

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

1. If you have been on eBay for 22 years, then surely you know that those two SELLER BEWARE feedbacks were seriously against the rules.  

2. If you have been on eBay for 22 years, then certainly you know that eBayers can have multiple eBay IDs, so anyone's FB # does not necessarily expect their eBay experience or lack thereof.  

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

But has left a couple of feedbacks seriously against the rules.  

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Don't understand your question.  A seller is free to block ANY buyer at any time for any reason.  Maybe I don't like the FB you've left for other sellers.  I can block.  The problem is that this can only happen if you are not currently in a transaction with that particular buyer.  Has to happen before buyer purchases.  

Those of us who sell check the feedback buyers leave for sellers after a purchase(or if contacted by a buyer before a purchase). If we see a high proportion of negative feedback given(not one, but a substantially high ratio) it's an indication of a potentially quarrelsome buyer, or worse. We are just talking extremes here. Some buyers ONLY leave negative feedback.

They should still be allowed to do that if they want. By the same notion, sellers should be allowed to block those accounts en masse.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply