cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Revision Limit

Does anyone else think now eBay are being way Over the top with Feedback towards sellers now with basically Zero Tolerance to removing Feedback left for sellers, even when Buyers are lying, they should increase the Feedback Revision Limit? I think only allowing 5 Revisions Per 1,000 with a Zero Tolerance Policy to removing any feedback is not fair, even those bandits at Trustpilot allow more revisions than this.  

Feedback affects businesses massively and just 4 or 5 Negatives extra could cripple a Business with Sales,  and we all know buyers most times just leave Negative Feedback without any communication, and you could end up sorting an issue with a buyer who has left negative and then they can't change it.

I get that you could Spam Buyers to Change it, but a simple you get 5 Revision Requests, if the buyer agree's to change their feedback your Revision Requests are not affected, if they don't change, you loose a request, that is a fair way.

If I had 0 Revisions left and a buyer left me Negative without any Communication then lets be honest there is hardly any reason for me to work things out with the buyer as I could end up refunding someone, giving them some free stuff and having a Negative Feedback that can't be removed. 

iPosters - the cats whiskers for quality & service!
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Feedback Revision Limit

I don't ever send feedback revision requests because nine times out of ten the buyer just ignores it. 
Bribing a buyer with freebies is never the answer either.
When I get negative and neutral feedback I have them removed with the feedback removal tool in Seller Help. 
Request to remove feedback

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That should not happen, Buyers should not hold seller's hostage... and that's what is happening. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yup, its insane. Whatever new policy this is does not protect sellers AT ALL. I received negative feedback yesterday because the buyer felt the shoes felt smaller than the size listed. The size listed was what the designer had on the shoes and was clear in our photos; furthermore, we accept returns for any reason. Contacted ebay and they won't remove. Apparently buyers can lie, cheat and steal but leave us negative feedback...there is no such thing as seller protection any longer.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I only leave FB after receiving same from buyer. Little worse than thanking a buyer and then he slams you.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@iposters wrote:

if the buyer agree's to change their feedback your Revision Requests are not affected, if they don't change, you loose a request, that is a fair way.

This is a superb example of an obvious improvement that ebay will completely ignore.

ebay constantly tells you to "continue to work with your buyer"

...but only wants you to do it 5 times

Makes perfect ebay sense.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply