cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R E S O L V E D, Fedex overcharges, 25 of 25 shipments !

My prior 25 line item FedEx shipping invoice was riddled with major to minor errors ALL of which were charged to me.
25 line items generated over 70 FedEx billing errors !!

Commencing April 20 I started calling eBay looking for resolution.
May 18, 28 days and contact with 35 to 40 eBay staff and supervisors Kevin answered my supervisor transfer request.

From our initial exchange it was soo obvious I had been transferred to a real true customer service rep !  He immediately requested a couple minutes to review the reams of call data giving me a gleam of hope.  He rejoined our call saying that many errors were quite obvious and that he would work to resolve all my prior presented issues.  My hope level rose.  We kept up a running chat as he delved fully into my 70 plus FedEx billing errors proving by his questions his respect for a badly mistreated customer.

The clock ran while he resolved billing error after billing error. About 40 minutes later, which logically should have occurred April 20, the yet to be resolved issue page was blank.

The first 20 FedEx billing items had at least 3 errors per line item.
The last 5 had 2 each.  Most of the billing errors were glaring when the invoice was reviewed which Kevin most certainly did !

In about 40 minutes Kevin showed his system skill AND his skills as a customer service rep supervisor.  Anyone working with or under his tutelage should pay extremely strict attention to learn his in depth customer service skill set.

Kevin listened, confirmed errors, resolved errors all while keeping me updated as to resolution progress. The actions of a true customer service rep supervisor and a real pleasure to interface with.  All of my prior eBay customer service rep staff contacts should be required to attend and pass classes taught by Kevin.

Whoever at eBay that hired Kevin deserves a raise.  
Whoever at eBay that hired ALL of my prior so called customer service reps deserves immediate termination.

Kevin, a real professional, was an understanding pleasure to work with, a gold star eBay professional.  My deep thank you Kevin.

Bob Moore

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: R E S O L V E D, Fedex overcharges, 25 of 25 shipments ! PART 2

glad it got resolved............

How did you "get to Kevin"........did he happen to mention what dept he was with.....  ??

And did he explain how to avoid the problems in the future.......??  i.e. will you use Fedex again?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

EBAY STAFFING ISSUES !

From April 20 to May 18, 28 days,  I dealt with 35 / 40 eBay staff and supervisors regarding over 70 FedEx shipping billing issues.

Talk about reject city,  wow !

The most common element these staffers had was their deeply intense willingness to L I E to a customer due to ZERO accountability by eBay of eBay customer service.

Whoever is VP of customer service needs to actually do his/her job starting with making several calls TO eBay customer service to confirm how rancid the eBay customer service reps treat customers.
Of course that would indicate responsibility and accountability of said staff which is proven to NOT exist for about 98% of all so called customer service reps I dealt with. 1 true customer service rep out of 40 !

Im convinced that when a supervisor is asked for and the response is  ''I will email him and you will get a call in 24/48 hours'' is eBay speak for ...  Ive been told my job is in jeopardy and when I called my old Micky D manager to ask about my old job he laughed so hard he damaged my headset.

''I cant email you a copy of that.."  is eBay speak for ...  I am soo ignorant doing so is above my learning ability.

''I will be calling you back in (choose) 24 hours, 2 to 4 days, within 2 weeks, as soon as my research is done'' is eBay speak for ... How do I get this screwed over eBay customer off my phone NOW ?

''I will talk with (too many to list) and call you back''  is eBay speak for ... How do I get this screwed over eBay customer off my phone NOW ?

Ya really gotta love terminal hold too as a screwed over eBay customer.

2 disputes filed and NO ONE, staff or supervisor would/could email me a copy of the dispute so I could actually see what was filed as a dispute.  ''I am soo ignorant doing so is above my learning ability.''

''I will call/email him/her and have them return your call.'' is eBay speak for ...  How do I get this screwed over eBay customer off my phone NOW ?

The finger pointing is incredible too.  ''Ohh no,  you have to call FedEx about FedEx shipping billing issues.''  Calling FedEx gets a true response of ''you shipped under the eBay master shipping contract between FedEx and eBay and your billing issues must be resolved by eBay.''  Gee, how bout telling a customer the truth to  begin with instead of wasting all the time?

''It takes up to 60 days to resolve FedEx issues.''  Per one of the FedEx executive secretary's, a 33 year employee,  that is a blatant lie.

35 / 40 customer service reps and only 1 was a true professional.

With all the bovine scatology surrounding this I ceased selling and my April / May invoice had only 3 line items on it.

3 line items and 9 FedEx shipping billing errors.  eBay IT staff needs to shut down the video games until the FedEx billing program actually works.  This is at least an 18 month issue that eBay has not resolved.

The worst of it is that ALL my billing issues are about 3rd grade level math which most eBay customer service reps failed.

28 days of bovine scatology because eBay staff are too incompetent to do what they are being paid to do.  
Really eye opening.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

ebay would never foot the bill, but they need a 1st level triage...probably even a 2nd level.
You're sent to people capable of SOLVING your problem...Muzak never solved anything.
Imagine calling the SEC over a stock fraud, and being read a non-related script.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I'm confused.............

On this thread, you said it was resolved and were very complimentary to Kevin:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/R-E-S-O-L-V-E-D-Fedex-overcharges-25-of-25-shipments/m-p/28503...

I asked if he told you how to avoid problems in the future. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Bovine scatology aside, that didn't sound resolved to me.

I solved my billing issues by never using FedEx again.  When they started adding 2 or 3 extra fees to every shipment, I bailed.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

No, Kevin was unable to say
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

My overcharges were refunded
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

The staffer I was talking with transferred me to Kevin.
No he did not.
Used FedEx for many years.
This fiasco is NOT a FedEx issue, it is an eBay IT issue
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@shaniko86 wrote:
My overcharges were refunded

I guess I missed where you said that above. 

Use USPS in the future.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

bout 50% higher than smartpost
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I am glad that your situation was finally resolved.  It should never have happened in the first place.  And when it did, it should not have taken that long to resolve.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Most irritating about the almost 100 billing errors was the absolute
Z E R O accountability eBay staff have. No idea why so many eBay staff find it necessary to lie when the truth would suffice.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply