cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Famous/notable people who purchased from you?

From my entire time of selling on eBay, I only had two buyers who got my attention...

A Boston Globe sportswriter (currently on staff) bought a Boston Globe Magazine several years ago from me.  He told me in his eBay message that he wrote the cover story on that magazine, but forgot to grab a copy for himself (!) and was elated that he checked on eBay and found my listing.

An American book author and actor bought a high school yearbook from me 10 years ago.  His fame was  appearing in a few Apple (Mac computer) TV commercials years ago and was an occasional guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.  He told me (via eBay message) that he never bought the yearbook before he graduated from that high school, and regretted it for many years.  And was glad he found it on eBay, even though the one I had was a used copy.

I know a majority of you don't care about the backgrounds of your buyers and only the sale.  But if someone was famous or notable reached out to you, like a top executive of a corporate company, or a famous actor buying something from you on eBay, I think that you would remember them?  Especially if they directly messaged you...

I was wondering if any of you had any buyers who were famous or notable.

(NOTE: I think I remember that revealing the real names and eBay IDs of any buyers are not allowed on these forums.  But you can reveal their occupation and what they're famous for, like how I described mine.)

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Famous/notable people who purchased from you?

Well, someone famous had their used underwear bid up to near $100,000 before eBay took it down Monday.

It's not allowed to sell used underwear on eBay.

Message 46 of 46
latest reply