cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed (1) We weren't able to generate a label for these orders. You haven't been charged.

I'm getting this error message when trying to make a label... Failed (1)

We weren't able to generate a label for these orders. You haven't been charged."

I don't know what to do because the pervious solution I found in the message boards only work if Paypal was there. I don't want to pay extra by using Pirateship or any other service, I just want it to be done the right way but it doesn't seem to be working. 

So far I tried creating the label in bulk along with others, and when that didn't work, I tried creating the label individually and am getting the same error. 

It is an international label to Chile, but that has never stopped me before. i checked the address and everything matches. 

Any ideas? Thank you.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Failed (1) We weren't able to generate a label for these orders. You haven't been charged.

I dont ship abroad but I do know that if you change the address on the label ebay shows you will void your 30 MBG.  As for a solution I probably would cancel order due to bad address and chalk it up to maybe Karma talking.   Only a guess.  I wish you the best in a solution

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: Failed (1) We weren't able to generate a label for these orders. You haven't been charged.

30 Day Money Back Guarantee  I forgot the word Day

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I got the same error for a buyer that has purchased from me previously. She's located in Mexico and her address is exactly the same as it was the last 4 times. I contacted eBay on Facebook and they had no resolution. Out of curiosity, I tried to print another label from one of her previous orders (that has already been delivered) and received the same error.

It happened again this morning for a buyer in Canada with a valid address. This error is different than any I've received previously - there's no explanation, it just says "We weren't able to generate a label for this order".

I ended up being able to print a label using USPS First Class International, but I'm not happy about it. The cost is higher and the package isn't insured up to $100 like it is w/ eBay International Delivery. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

if you change the address on the label ebay shows you will void your 30 MBG.

@doug_5857 

Unfortunately, SELLERS don't have a money back guarantee anyway, and basically no protection against buyer fraud. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Yes!!    I was wrong.  Only for Buyers. I dont know what i was thinking.   Thanks ittybitnot  For the correction.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Had the same issue this last week on packages to Chile and Canada. Had to pay about $10 more in combined costs to ship by international priority and first class international.  It happens about once a month with no explanation. 

I'm very frustrated at what seems to be like more and more "glitches"  each week.   We're trying to expand our business but the harder we work, the more issues we have with Ebay

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

gjs_16
Guide

At least it only happened to you with ONE order...
It usually happens to me with multiples, then the SCAN sheet can't be created either...

However about a week ago after I got the error I did find my labels under "print labels" 

And was able to print them from there, apparently the purchase went through and it just "failed to GENERATE" them...

Strangest darned error, it is worth checking your other pages thou to see if the label is in fact ready to print.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thank you, I checked and it's not in there. 

I spoke with an Ebay associate and they told me it's a known issue, and to wait 12-24 hours and try again.

I asked, if in their experience, that waiting would work, and they said "yes".

I'm now past the 12 hour mark and it's still not working.

This package is suppose to go to Chille, so I tried modifying the address slightly to have correct accents on some letters and punctuation. Still didn't work. I tried various options to no avail.

i will update when the 24 hour mark passes and I will try again and also get in touch with ebay support again in the event that it doesn't work. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

update?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

thread is over a year old........

@pok3moncollector 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I’m having the same issue. Just want to know to fix it 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply