cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREE Returns or Not?

This morning I checked to see that the accounts here were put in Free Returns since its June 1 ... and of course I was also expecting to see many, many sales because of this new policy but alas no sales and gee, am I in FREE Returns or not?  The ONLY item I can find that is showing FREE Returns is an Auction that ends today ... which surprises me since once an item receives a bid we can't change things on the lsiting ... but low and behold, THAT item (pic below) is showing a FREE Return Policy and 60 Day return window. 

The other pic is from another listing, NO FREE Return is shown.  So, is the account in FREE Returns or isn't it?

As to the 60 Day Return Policy ... that is an ongoing glitch here ... last year I tested 60 Day returns to see if it increased sales, which it didn't so I changed everything back to 30 Days ... now, from time to time 60 Days shows up on Relisted items.  The item below with the 60 Return was created last month and was relisted a few times through the Bulk Editor ... its like we have to check EVERYTHING all over again when Relisting.  I can not get a handle on what items or categories the 60 Day Return setting crops up on but it slips through every now and then.

Screenshot (1183).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

FREE Returns or Not?

@ymeagainlord

@ymeagainlord wrote:
Supposedly collectibles get an exemption and can still have 14 day returns? (free or not?)

Thanks Y, I only use 30 Days or longer but the "Wonderful Item" listing pic I showed was in a collectibles category, had 3 bids on it and they still slapped Free Returns on it prior to the Auction ending.  Maybe they targeted a few Guinea Pig listings to see what happens, huh?!?  ... one of the other pics I showed (futerh back on this thread) with the two label rates was that item ... fortunely it was the one going to an adjacent state and not to the Left Coast ...

Regards,
Message 46 of 57
latest reply

FREE Returns or Not?

Yesterday was one of the biggest days in months for us without free returns....no reason for it!  I called ebay for clarification on the free returns promo I received in messages and the rep wasn't too helpful.  I don't think he was that familiar with the promo.  I was still seeling the badge on the majority of our items except for the ones that had relisted that day.  After I got off the phone I noticed that ALL of my listings now do not have the badge.   Also, NO sales today at all so far.....Saturdays are usually not that great but I hope this isn't a big fat zero!  I still want to make sure which sales would be covered under the free return promo.....I am assuming anything that sells until June 15 with free returns would be covered so if something sells on June 16 and the buyer wants to return it, ebay would not pay for the return label on that item.   Am I reading it right??

Message 47 of 57
latest reply

FREE Returns or Not?

Tbh, I just threw up my hands in disgust and changed every one of my listings to 2 day handling.
Should have done it a while back. Tired of coming home after 8 hours graveyard to pack stuff because eBay (not usually the buyer) think stuff should be sent within a day of payment.

And imho Free Returns is an Industry Standard is one of the biggest lies they've yet told. Not sure where they're getting their data.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 48 of 57
latest reply

FREE Returns or Not?

@ymeagainlord wrote:

And imho Free Returns is an Industry Standard is one of the biggest lies they've yet told. Not sure where they're getting their data.

Ebay speak is often a test of just who is gullible LOL! 

Message 49 of 57
latest reply

FREE Returns or Not?

Id love it if they were asked to provide a list of exactly which retailers offer free no questions asked returns to support their contention as to it being "Industry standard".

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 50 of 57
latest reply

FREE Returns or Not?

@ymeagainlord

@ymeagainlord wrote:
Tbh, I just threw up my hands in disgust and changed every one of my listings to 2 day handling.
Should have done it a while back. Tired of coming home after 8 hours graveyard to pack stuff because eBay (not usually the buyer) think stuff should be sent within a day of payment.

I agree 100% ... when they publish where they got that info then I might reconsider my position on that.  Its sort of like the kids saying, "everybodiy's doing it!"

Regards,
Message 51 of 57
latest reply

FREE Returns or Not?

Mid weekend update:  based on averages, the weekend should yield about 14 sales across 2 IDs ... right now we're sitting at 4 ... that does NOT include any Auctions with bids PRIOR to June 1 and Free Returns launch.

Regards,
Message 52 of 57
latest reply

FREE Returns or Not?

I put most of our listings on free returns yesterday, taking ebay up on their offer to pay for up to $200 of return labels.  Yesterday was not a good sale day but maybe it takes a while for the search to get adjusted.  Today so far this morning it's proving to be a huge day!  Not sure if it's because our promo offer on the store is ending tomorrow (buy two get one free) and people want to take advantage of that or people are finding our items more easily.  I did not put everything in the store on free returns....there are a handful of items I do not take any returns on (adhesive bras) so those stayed the same.  Also, I did not put free returns on large coats that would need a box or shoes already in a box.  I figure that would eat the $200 up too fast!  I hope our return rate will not go up but with more sales, it probably will!

Message 53 of 57
latest reply

FREE Returns or Not?

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Mid weekend update:  based on averages, the weekend should yield about 14 sales across 2 IDs ... right now we're sitting at 4 ... that does NOT include any Auctions with bids PRIOR to June 1 and Free Returns launch.

No change, still stuck at 4 sales across 2 accounts ... just noticed the Views counter is down, no numbers being shown ... they should have launched Free Returns on a Monday not Thursday to give them all week to work the bugs out ... 

Regards,
Message 54 of 57
latest reply

FREE Returns or Not?

Update:  Based on averages - sales since June 1 & the Free Returns launch only 6 of 14 sale ... will see what that week brings but that's down just over 50% ...

Regards,
Message 55 of 57
latest reply

FREE Returns or Not?

@ymeagainlord wrote:
Id love it if they were asked to provide a list of exactly which retailers offer free no questions asked returns to support their contention as to it being "Industry standard".

I have a feeling they're referring to the retail stores that used to be in the Malls (and are now selling on Ebay), or well-known bigger stores.  But even with those stores they can immediately see if there is damage of any kind.

"In the end, only kindness matters."
Message 56 of 57
latest reply

FREE Returns or Not?

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@ymeagainlord

@ymeagainlord wrote:

I agree 100% ... when they publish where they got that info then I might reconsider my position on that.  Its sort of like the kids saying, "everybodiy's doing it!"

I think I know which stores had free returns as their standard ... Kmart, Sears, JC Penneys, Toys R Us ... you know, the ones that are currently undergoing MAJOR closings and going out of business.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 57 of 57
latest reply