cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK FARCE

Buyers can too easily abuse the system by claiming that they have not received an item and getting their money back. There seems to be no way of regestering that a claim for non delvery has been made. There should be so that other sellers are forwarned that a particular buyer could have been acting  dishonestly!  Not fair to sellers eBay and I for one am walking away.  

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: FEEDBACK FARCE

Perhaps the seller should be given the option to pass on the the risk of postal loss to the buyer. You build relations with buyers and sellers over time and with it an element of trust. I have been quite happy to take on the risk of postal loss from trusted sellers in the past. Admittedly it was for those  smaller ticket items that I generally deal with where the cost of protecting against loss did not make sense. There is a place for it and  it could be offered as an option....... although I will not be holding my breath. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 17 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

You need to ship with USPS tracking

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

You need to ship with USPS tracking

And how would that help the OP who is in New Zealand?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

You've been here since 2005, but are in New Zealand.  Here in the US, we've had to prove delivery for some time......

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

If the OP is still located in New Zealand and doesn't plan on spending some time here, he's then out of luck.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

New Zealand or not,

I opened one of the OP's completed listings and saw:

"PLEASE NOTE THAT I CHARGE POSTAGE 'AT COST' ON THE UNDERSTANDING THAT POSTAL LOSS IS AT THE BUYERS RISK AND THAT THE BUYER WILL NOT MAKE A CLAIM WITH EBAY OR PAYPAL.

I AM HAPPY TO SEND THE ITEMS BY REGISTERED MAIL AT MY RISK IF REQUIRED."

In my opinion, this is Broadcasting that Delivery Confirmation will Not be used.

Or even.. an invitation for those who ... prefer .. items that don't have seller protection.

imo,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Were the items delivered?

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

If the OP is still located in New Zealand and doesn't plan on spending some time here, he's then out of luck.

haha I like you Ed 🙂

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@apat09 wrote:

Buyers can too easily abuse the system by claiming that they have not received an item and getting their money back. There seems to be no way of regestering that a claim for non delvery has been made. There should be so that other sellers are forwarned that a particular buyer could have been acting  dishonestly!  Not fair to sellers eBay and I for one am walking away.  

eBay has made it very clear - for about a decade now - that online viewable delivery confirmation is required in order for a seller to be protected from a non-delivery dispute. 

If you are unable to find a service that meets eBay's delivery confirmation requirement, that is unfortunate - but I doubt eBay is going to change their rules to accommodate you. 

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Pretty sure that disclaimer is against the rules, not to mention worthless.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

There should be so that other sellers are forwarned that a particular buyer could have been acting  dishonestly! 

Sorry that you had to pay a Not Received claim, but would you really want to warn sellers that a buyer "could have" been dishonest???  That right there is a good reason that eBay doesn't allow sellers to publicly shame buyers.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

I have never lost a inr case when I have bought shipping through ebay.  Not once.  I have had over 10k sales in the past 10 years.  I know your area offers registration.  If it costs extra to get to your buyers charge it.  If you have something someone wants they will pay extra.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@18704d wrote:

New Zealand or not,

I opened one of the OP's completed listings and saw:

"PLEASE NOTE THAT I CHARGE POSTAGE 'AT COST' ON THE UNDERSTANDING THAT POSTAL LOSS IS AT THE BUYERS RISK AND THAT THE BUYER WILL NOT MAKE A CLAIM WITH EBAY OR PAYPAL.

I AM HAPPY TO SEND THE ITEMS BY REGISTERED MAIL AT MY RISK IF REQUIRED."

In my opinion, this is Broadcasting that Delivery Confirmation will Not be used.

Or even.. an invitation for those who ... prefer .. items that don't have seller protection.

imo,

Lynn

OP - it is a waste of time to add that in there. A buyer can still open an INR. You can’t stop them.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Bottom Line. I buy and sell stamps, small ticket items sometimes which simply do not justify expensive registered postage which would cover my risk but kill the deal. I act decently and simply ensure that buyers around the world get the benefit of the cheapest international postage. It hurts when someone claims they have not received an item because you never know whether a claim for non delivery is legitimate but regardless inevitably end up being forced to reimburse people. I believe that buyers should be responsible for postal loss unless they are prepared to pay more to cover for it and that both these options should be allowed by eBay. No chance of that, this organisation has got away with doing very little to improve their service and are more interested in greed and feathering their greed own nests with high fees and non risk policies. Charging expensive placement fees, sales fees and fees on postage ... shame on you eBay! Time for this old fool to at long last say goodbye eBay!
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Bottom Line. I buy and sell stamps, small ticket items sometimes which simply do not justify expensive registered postage which would cover my risk but kill the deal.

Yes, that is your bottom line.  And your risk.  It's the kind of business decision that merchants need to make all the time, and given that the 21st Century marketplace no longer allows sellers to pass that risk off to the buyer, the merchant will need to make other arrangements.

You seem to sell a good number of these, and apparently don't run into too many INR complaints, so your simplest correction might be to up your price by a couple of nickels, and pool that money to use for paying off the rare claim.

Good luck...

Message 15 of 20
latest reply