cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra shipping charge

I’m the seller, was paid 500 $ for my item, plus 50 for shipping, I paid 80 at ups also for shipping, 10 days later the buyer has received item, now ebay charged my bank account 1238$ they say is for shipping. Now ebay says they will refund my 1158$ they owe me they ment to only over charge 120$ but it won’t be processed until Monday then 10 days after Monday I’ll get paid

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Extra shipping charge

@dbrbrac-9068 wrote:

I’m the seller, was paid 500 $ for my item, plus 50 for shipping, I paid 80 at ups also for shipping, 10 days later the buyer has received item, now ebay charged my bank account 1238$ they say is for shipping. Now ebay says they will refund my 1158$ they owe me they ment to only over charge 120$ but it won’t be processed until Monday then 10 days after Monday I’ll get paid

Buyer paid you $50 for shipping but you purchase the label. You paid more for the label than you charged the buyer for but you weren’t charged twice for it. I don’t use UPS for shipping but have heard the total cost for shipping isn’t charged until item is delivered and the final total is usually substantially more especially if exact dimensions and weight wasn’t correct. A final charge of $120 is very possible but $1158 charge?? eBay would not make that gross of accounting “error”. There is some kind of info you’re leaving out. Can you come back and leave more details..

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Extra shipping charge

Hopefully that information did not come for the call in customer support center. They are infamous for passing along false information and actually have no authority to do anything. I am assuming this is the DRIVE medical lift you sold and I am also assuming you used calculated shipping since the shipping for my location would have been $93.18. Assuming you had the package size and weight correct if you purchased the label through eBay, even though the UPS calculated shipping shown to, and received from the buyer, would have been $50 both UPS and FedEx are notorious for hitting the seller with unilateral charges once the item has actually been shipped and delivered and they have a LONG list of surcharges that you can review on their site. 

https://www.ups.com/assets/resources/media/en_US/2022_Assessorial_Preview_102821_FINAL.pdf 

I use UPS to ship some items but I never buy the label through eBay but use Pirate Ship instead and I have never been hit with a unilateral charge. 

If I do the math correctly you sold the item for $539 + $50 shipping for total of $589. Ebay fees, depending on what the sales tax was, would have been around $80 and you paid $80 for the initial shipping label which left you with an initial net of $425 before taking out the COGS and taxes. Now you are getting hit with another $120 unilateral shipping charge which takes your eBay net down to around $305. 

It doesn't seem like a lot given what these sell for new. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Extra shipping charge

I am not understanding your issue.

Please explain further.

(By the way, the dollar sign goes before the numbers.)

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Extra shipping charge

@inhawaii wrote:

(By the way, the dollar sign goes before the numbers.)

I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices this a lot recently.  Not sure what they are teaching in schools these days but it seems like a lot of people don't know where the dollar signs goes any more!  🙂

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Extra shipping charge

... of course someone is going to accuse me of being a _______ (smarty pants)  for pointing that out, but if it was me doing it wrong I would want to know.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Extra shipping charge

From what I understand from your post your problem is that eBay took $1238 from your bank account by mistake but won't put it back until 10 days from now leaving your bank account low/empty until then.  If the mistake was eBay's and they are holding the money for 10 days leaving you in a financial bind, I would be on the phone climbing the ladder until I finally got someone to get the refund expedited at their expense.  They screwed up, they need to make you whole again.  

The one place where they could be off the hook for your damages is if you didn't input the correct dimensions and weight when you bought the label through eBay causing additional shipping costs.  That could be used for them to say "if you did it right in the first place, this never would have happened" as an excuse to not help you.  Still, I would be 'sitting on someone's desk' until they fixed it.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Extra shipping charge

The one place where they could be off the hook for your damages is if you didn't input the correct dimensions and weight when you bought the label through eBay causing additional shipping costs.  That could be used for them to say "if you did it right in the first place, this never would have happened" as an excuse to not help you.  Still, I would be 'sitting on someone's desk' until they fixed it.

The problem with purchasing labels through eBay for either UPS or FedEx is those are estimated costs only. Even if you have the dimensions and weight correct UPS and/or FedEx may unilaterally add on surcharges. You can find numerous posting on this forum where this has happened to sellers. UPS has a LONG list of surcharges. 

https://www.ups.com/assets/resources/media/en_US/2022_Assessorial_Preview_102821_FINAL.pdf 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Extra shipping charge

"... I paid 80 at ups also for shipping,..."

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Extra shipping charge

@inhawaii wrote:

... of course someone is going to accuse me of being a _______ (smarty pants)  for pointing that out, but if it was me doing it wrong I would want to know.

Could maybe be a text to speech thing.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply