cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exhausted by extra clicking to see basic listings!- NOW a new "see full description" button!?!

Does any one...anyone at all at ebay  have a lick of common sense... or business sense at all?

Why did they add more inconvenience to seeing the listing description???

If they want to limit the information and clutter on the listing page- why not get rid of all the annoying promoted listings that are not even close to relevant?

EBAY- all you have done again is add friction to the buying experience!- the buyer has already shown interest in the item by clicking on it- yes that listing already drew their attention and they deemed it a potential purchase and wanted to see more relevant details.......but instead ebay thinks it is better to hide those details from view and make them work harder to make the purchase.    

Its completely amazing that anyone can buy or sell anything on this platform anymore- 

please just stop mucking up the process with your stupid ideas and testing- just let up conduct business with you hindering us for a change

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Exhausted by extra clicking to see basic listings!- NOW a new "see full description" button!?!

I don't like it either............but seems to be more or less standard on every site I go to.......Etsy/Wmart/browsing things........click "see more" on every description.........

Message 2 of 97
latest reply

Even though, logically, by clicking on the listing in the first place, you imply you already want to "see more".

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 97
latest reply

That's the 'quick view' that's fashionable right now so people can roll through listings more quickly - I've seen it on other sites for a long time.  In point of fact, eBay is actually doing a better job with it than most.  Oftentimes there's a lot of jigging around with either a mouse or one's finger depending on the app to even see the larger description. eBay provides an easily found button you can bang.  I've seen a lot worse design.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 97
latest reply

There are several things being tested right now.  So some changes are better than others, but there will likely me even more changes in the near future before they settle on a format.  So keep voicing your opinions on this as I think it is very important that the community is involved with this.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 97
latest reply

I nominate you as "spokesperson for the sellers" to go to the next public meeting and share some of our thoughts commonly mentioned here as of recent.

Message 6 of 97
latest reply

Who? and what public meeting?

Message 7 of 97
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

Even though, logically, by clicking on the listing in the first place, you imply you already want to "see more".

Reminds me of those double checking prompts when you are about to do something irreversible. 
“Click here to continue”

then you click it

“Are you sure? Yes/No”

Message 8 of 97
latest reply

Bad move.  Means more returns because you can now buy items without being presented with the description.

Message 9 of 97
latest reply

Yeah, my first thought was a buyer clicking on the listing, ''Oh, no need to read more, looks pretty ok" - fast forward to delivery - OOOPS - INAD - does eBay have a quota of INAD claims they want to reach each month or what LOL

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 97
latest reply

@siamjane8 

I like the new "Breathe Easy" insert by the money back guarantee and price...Please.  🙄

Message 11 of 97
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

Yeah, my first thought was a buyer clicking on the listing, ''Oh, no need to read more, looks pretty ok" - fast forward to delivery - OOOPS - INAD - does eBay have a quota of INAD claims they want to reach each month or what LOL

@downunder-61  I wouldn't be surprised if that quota just coincidentally happens to match what it would take to get a certain amount of sellers into the Service Metrics penalty zone so they can charge extra fees. 😉

Message 12 of 97
latest reply

@dhbookds    

I don't like it either............but seems to be more or less standard on every site I go to.......Etsy/Wmart/browsing things........click "see more" on every description.........

I have not seen this at all- in fact i just went to all those sites and none of them had "see more description" buttons. Everything was just there- ready to see.  I was searching on a computer though..... not a phone.

Is it possible that this issue is only on ebay because they want to manage only one platform and not a desktop site and a mobile site? so the desktop version is becoming more and more mobile only?

We saw this with the debacle of the unified listing tool the last 2 years.--- of course ebay finally realized that mobile is NOT a replacement for desktop and has been changing it back

These whimsical, not thought out, not researched, changes are just so disruptive to buying and selling.  

Its like all these companies have a mental block to what actually works and is important- Ebay - get to know your customers and cater the to them- that is what makes a business a success.... if you need a counterpoint just look at what happened to bud lite.... ignored their customer base and tried to push an agenda on its customers for .004% of a population... people just wanted beer- not a social movement.    Ebay - people just want to buy and sell used items and just want it to work on mobile devices AND desktops

Message 13 of 97
latest reply

I wouldn’t be surprised either

Message 14 of 97
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@downunder-61 wrote:

@downunder-61  I wouldn't be surprised if that quota just coincidentally happens to match what it would take to get a certain amount of sellers into the Service Metrics penalty zone so they can charge extra fees. 😉

I would be surprised if that was the goal.  Ebay has given no indication that this is the goal.  But if you are angry enough with Ebay on other points it is easy to only see negative outcomes on most anything they do.

I think this comment is interesting since for many years many sellers have complained that buyers don't read the listings.  So if they aren't reading the descriptions, having to click on a button to see more of the description really won't matter.

Speaking for my own listings only.  My product description for the listing appears ABOVE the button for See Full Description.  What falls below that button are my TOS.

Message 15 of 97
latest reply