cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyone’s filtering by eBay Guaranteed Delivery. Reach more buyers by opting in

Who is "everyone"?

I sure don't, but then again I'm not "everyone". . .

Do YOU filter your search by "Guaranteed Delivery"?

The title is a message I received from eBay

"Now they see you. Now they don’t."

Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Re: Everyone’s filtering by eBay Guaranteed Delivery. Reach more buyers by opting in

@lookng2015 wrote:
"Everyone’s filtering by eBay Guaranteed Delivery."

They wish

I am now expecting to start seeing posts on the buyer board from people claiming that they suddenly can't find anything; not realizing that by filtering for Guaranteed Delivery they are filtering out most sellers other than those who do not have enough brain cells to rub together to know that GD is bad mmkay?  And that guaranteeing something you can not guarantee is extreme foolishness.  Mmkay?  😄

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 76 of 95
latest reply

Re: Everyone’s filtering by eBay Guaranteed Delivery. Reach more buyers by opting in

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@chrysylys wrote:

@d-k_treasures wrote:

If everyone was opted into it ...

Maybe we ALL should opt into it(again, not the DTD) - and we'll see how long it lasts.

I would prefer all sellers opt OUT of it so it will wither and die on the vine sooner.

'Nip it in the bud!!!'

I think it will die sooner if ebay has to pay a large bunch of shipping refunds each day.

Ebay will be paying out this Christmas season when the postal service becomes backed up and NOTHING gets delivered on time.

Ebays only hope is that very few buyers use GD...

Message 77 of 95
latest reply

It's kinda funny...Alibaba sold $10B today....do they guarantee shipping?
Message 78 of 95
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
It's kinda funny...Alibaba sold $10B today....do they guarantee shipping?

never checked facts about Alibaba in the past.

it was the most valuable retailer as of 2016 surpassing Walmart.

its online sales surpassed all US retailer combined (walmart, amazon, ebay) since 2015.

today is the first time i even took a look at Alibaba's website.

totally amazed (well by the #s)...

letoulousain
Message 79 of 95
latest reply

58% of ebay sales are international...maybe I should say were...
Message 80 of 95
latest reply

I misspoke earlier...Alibaba sold $10B today...in ONE HOUR
Message 81 of 95
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:

i don't ship abroad.

but i do allow buyers with a non US PP account to bid on my items as long as they have a US registered/shipping address.

most are buyers from the East.

they pay fast, often pay good money, have had no issue in 20+ years.

many buy multiple items.

sold 13 items on this user name this month.

5 are from such buyers (and my best sales so far $).

always welcome in my book.

letoulousain
Message 82 of 95
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

@gregthree wrote:
That's funny, I HAVE to check tracking when I buy something. That's part of the buying online experience. I don't get upset if its a day or two late. I try to support the smaller ebay sellers. I cannot stand the computer wiz that drop ships from major distribution channels and or from Amazon.

I'm old school, from the days before tracking, where you mailed in your check,  and "Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery" Smiley Wink

Those of us old enough to remember how long shipping used to take will never complain now....it has really improved that much.

Ebay's GD program is mostly targeting younger folks who simply don't appreciate how good they have it these days.

Message 83 of 95
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
I misspoke earlier...Alibaba sold $10B today...in ONE HOUR

https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/10/alibaba-hits-nearly-18-billion-in-singles-day-orders-in-12-hours-a...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 84 of 95
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

@d-k_treasures wrote:

If everyone was opted into it ...

Maybe we ALL should opt into it(again, not the DTD) - and we'll see how long it lasts.

I would prefer all sellers opt OUT of it so it will wither and die on the vine sooner.

'Nip it in the bud!!!'

I don't think it will die very soon... they're mentioning it in their Holiday advertising that I just started seeing run on HGTV.  

Did you say only select sellers have been invited to join up so far?  I see...

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 85 of 95
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:
"Everyone’s filtering by eBay Guaranteed Delivery."

They wish

Has anyone tried searching here without logging in lately?  I haven't, but I'm just saying... if they're saying "everyone", I would not be one bit surprised if tomorrow everyone starts getting defaulted into 3-day GD on their search results. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 86 of 95
latest reply

@lemarcheaupuces wrote:

@nawlinsron2 wrote:

i don't ship abroad.

but i do allow buyers with a non US PP account to bid on my items as long as they have a US registered/shipping address.

most are buyers from the East.

they pay fast, often pay good money, have had no issue in 20+ years.

many buy multiple items.

sold 13 items on this user name this month.

5 are from such buyers (and my best sales so far $).

always welcome in my book.

I don't ship a broad either - they fight too much when you try to throw them in a box. Smiley LOL

@z50com wrote:

Who is "everyone"?

I sure don't, but then again I'm not "everyone". . .

Do YOU filter your search by "Guaranteed Delivery"?

The title is a message I received from eBay

"Now they see you. Now they don’t."

But at the same time "nobody" changes the sort order from best match to something else.

Um yeah, OK.

Message 88 of 95
latest reply

I went to Walgreen's yesterday; have not been @ that name for a very long time. The attitude @ 1st Walmart store was very unhelpful; un-concerned towards a customer attitude.  So I gave a try to another Walgreens: that location attempted to match price of Walgreens website.  I said that my issue was about an item that looked to be cheaper @ Walgreens than @ Wal-Mart. (As Walgreens be well-reputed for confusing shelf-tags,when it come to sale items.)   BUT  the Trouble With Both Walgreens Be that Both Stores Not Make Final Price Clarification, on quick attempt to the customer. The Walgreens customer must be of PERSISTENCY.   "In the end", as I quoted, "Wal-Mart is the winner." As W-M had the lower price overall.  Interesting that these 2 businesses are of the 2 different states, of 2 different presidents of the U.S.  1 being more intelligent than the other.

Message 89 of 95
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
1) There's no guarantee that GD is a game changer.
2) If an item is "late", who gets blamed?...not ebay, but the poor sap seller.
ebay is a "venue", not a shipper. If you choose to believe that an entity that never touches an item can guarantee it's delivery by a date certain, maybe a late shipment is in your future.

1) True, but you cannot know for sure unless you try it.

2) For the "Handling Time" level, eBay is the one who takes the financial responsibility.  Nothing about this "guarantee" is going to protect sellers from the buyer's mistaken perception that every seller will deliver in 3 days, whether they are opted into it or not.  Nothing will prevent the off-base buyer from giving the feedback that they want to give.  The risk is no greater if you are opted into the GD or not. 

And as "only a venue", eBay butts in all the time.  That will only get worse, never better. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 90 of 95
latest reply