cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyone’s filtering by eBay Guaranteed Delivery. Reach more buyers by opting in

Who is "everyone"?

I sure don't, but then again I'm not "everyone". . .

Do YOU filter your search by "Guaranteed Delivery"?

The title is a message I received from eBay

"Now they see you. Now they don’t."

Message 1 of 95
latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Everyone’s filtering by eBay Guaranteed Delivery. Reach more buyers by opting in

It's all double speak hype based on their AI and robots

Message 2 of 95
latest reply

I've never met Everyone.  I hear about Everyone all the time, in the news, on tv but we never actually see them.  Everyone must be a very reclusive shadowy figure.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 3 of 95
latest reply

You go first:):)
Then come and let us know in 6 months how it is working for you.:)
Message 4 of 95
latest reply

I have never sorted by guarateed delivery. I'm in no hurry for the stuff I buy. I don't even check tracking unless the package hasn't shown up after a couple of weeks (which is practically never)

If I need to get something fast, I go to the store.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 95
latest reply

Good grief...if you need something that badly in "3 days", Walgreen's is open 24/7.
Message 6 of 95
latest reply

I think "everyone" is a seller here that posted the other day about needing his motorcycle part.  He was impatient to say the least.

Message 7 of 95
latest reply

Never clicked it.

Never will.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 8 of 95
latest reply

Try, loose more money by opting in!

I don't guarantee things I have no control over.

Message 9 of 95
latest reply

I haven't used it, but could see where I might  want to use it.  If there are a dozen of the same item and I need it fast would be a situation.  I would still take into count the seller's feedback before buying and the overall cost.  

Message 10 of 95
latest reply

That's funny, I HAVE to check tracking when I buy something. That's part of the buying online experience. I don't get upset if its a day or two late. I try to support the smaller ebay sellers. I cannot stand the computer wiz that drop ships from major distribution channels and or from Amazon.
Message 11 of 95
latest reply

WE WANT TO GUARANTEE QUICK DELIVERIES BUT WE CAN'T YET ---- (here's what it says)

Thanks for your interest in eBay Guaranteed Delivery. We've added you to the waitlist, as we're onboarding sellers in a phased rollout. This way we can gather feedback and make sure this feature works optimally for all sellers. We'll email you when it's time to get started. In the meantime, please visit ebay.com/GuaranteedDelivery to review the requirements you must meet to offer Guaranteed Delivery.

Message 12 of 95
latest reply

I did...opted in guaranteed one day handling...most of my auctions already were anyway...removed standard shipping and replaced with usps 1st class and priority mail if over one pound in weight...added immediate payment to all buy it now auctions...I have every one of my listings on sale 10% off...Now, just sitting hear patiently waiting for the chaching $$$ sound on my phone...only one in the last 3 days...crickets

I did check a search on my phone for a humminbird 100sx...I had 4 or 5 in the near front on the 1st page in search results...I will check in a bit to see if it boosted me with the guaranteed delivery option turned on in search, where I was no where near the top...do people really use that feature? I never even noticed it up in the corner on my phone until finding info in here about it

Message 13 of 95
latest reply

@z50com wrote:

Who is "everyone"?

I sure don't, but then again I'm not "everyone". . .

Do YOU filter your search by "Guaranteed Delivery"?

The title is a message I received from eBay

"Now they see you. Now they don’t."

No. I don't filter my searches by Guaranteed Delivery. If I need something in two days or less, Amazon is my choice.

Everyone is definitely not me.☺

Message 14 of 95
latest reply

My reading comprehension is at least average...still...I don't understand why some genius put that "1-2-3-4-day SHIPPING" option on the left hand margin.
It should say HANDLING, not shipping.
In my world, 2 day shipping means THREE day delivery after payment date, taking into account 1-day handling, and the possibility of a FOUR day delivery if going to Zone 8.
C'mon...2 day shipping...3 day delivery...imagine the confusion for newbie buyers.
ebay's attitude that the majority of buyers are eaten up with a "where's the bathroom!!!??" mentality is gonna wind up biting SELLERS, not ebay.
ebay...if you want to tout GD, contract The River.
Message 15 of 95
latest reply