cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyone is stuck at home so what are they doing?

HEY ebay!!!!

Everyone is stuck at home!!!

Traffic should be at an all time high!!!

Is ebay saying more buyers shop from work then from home?

I don't need 50,000 fixed cost listings I will never use!!!  I would prefer 500 auctions instead.

I just need people shopping on ebay!!!

I would be great if someone at ebay was working on increasing traffic instead of fixing seller hub and having meetings about other worthless offers to sellers.  

If says a lot about ebay if everyone's traffic in all categories is not up!!!!

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: Everyone is stuck at home so what are they doing?

@outdatedrecreated wrote:

I'm up 43% across all my stores. Not something I was expecting but Im definitely not complaining.

I don't have as many remotes as you do, but for being such a small player in the market, I'm definitely selling them!  In fact, that's mostly what is selling, remotes and DVDs. Only have one DVD player left. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 46 of 77
latest reply

We have 4 dogs so there's always plenty to do , bathing, trimming nails , ear cleaning , flea treatments , play time . We love our dogs and consider them family members . Other than disinfecting  the kitchen and bathrooms  every day  I spend the rest of my time making my jewelry that I sell here and other places . That also includes shopping for depleted supplies as well . My husband and I have also watched some pretty interesting documentaries  during off time , usually at night . My sales are up ,, so it's not so bad .  Tulips 

Message 47 of 77
latest reply

Please take a moment and read the announcements from eBay about how they are handling this.

And you can do your part by reporting every listing that you find that's in violation of the rules.  

Message 48 of 77
latest reply

Ebay should not  allowing people to sell  at rediculous prices,,  people are in need and they are  being greedy and disrepectful to   elderly and others  tereshand 

Agreed ,, but not just e bay  . The grocery stores should be trying to stop the hoarding as well . A lot of shoppers are taking everything and leaving nothing  but the most expensive  food items for the next shopper. When I went last week  , couldn't find rice ,  ground round ,  potatoes , no margarine [ only butter at 3 times the price ] , and there was  a very minimal selection of canned goods . The time before that  there wasn't even milk  to buy.  I hope this hysteria begins to loosen up soon  . If people just pay attention to the safety guidelines   they should be okay.  Tulips 

Message 49 of 77
latest reply

Most of the stores I shop have 1-2 item limits - not only on toilet paper and cleaning supplies, but also on eggs, milk, chicken, beef, etc.    The drugstore even has limits on vitamins and pain relievers.  

I have found that one grocery has two shifts of stockers - the night shift which stock the shelves for the hoards of shoppers that show up when the store first opens, and the day shift  which starts re-stocking the shelves around 1 pm until the store closes.   And some stores are open an hour past closing time for first responders and medical personnel only so they try to have the shelves stocked for them.   I have found that by shopping around 4 pm - the shelves have been at least partially re-stocked and the number of shoppers is low.  

I limit my trips out to Tuesday afternoon and Friday morning - just the post office if needed,  one grocery store, and a restaurant take out on each trip.    Sometimes I even drive around a  bit for a little change in scenery.  

Message 50 of 77
latest reply

3eyed - due to all of the current hysteria I had a long talk with my dog (he listens to every golden word that falls from my lips, unlike other people). I explained he is living here with food and shelter as long as he does not go out with his friends and bring sickness into my home. He replied; 

o9q31rxajdm41.jpg

Message 51 of 77
latest reply

moondog; check out this page, maybe the two of you together or separately can post your musical talents; Quarantine Karaoke on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/524184781620208/?hc_ref=ARTWY16YrQk4hGCeCN3huAmx0G084_pS6_iiW8bw1gGD...

Quarantine Karaoke on facebook.
I posted a vid of my friend playing guitar and singing, we'd been putting off making him a youtube channel - and suddenly THIS seemed do-able!
Message 52 of 77
latest reply

What are they doing?

I imagine we will find out in November/December ..........

Message 53 of 77
latest reply

@newerused wrote:

3eyed - due to all of the current hysteria I had a long talk with my dog (he listens to every golden word that falls from my lips, unlike other people). I explained he is living here with food and shelter as long as he does not go out with his friends and bring sickness into my home. He replied; 

o9q31rxajdm41.jpg

Thank you... now that stupid song is stuck in my head.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 54 of 77
latest reply

99% of this store is actually VCRs, VCR/DVD Combo Players and Recorders. All I have left are the remotes right now. Ive sold 213 machines in March across the platforms I use. Ive sold 416 remotes in March across the platforms I use. Ive got close to 600 more machines and thousands of remotes that are being serviced, repaired, tested, or cleaned and fast as I can. Im very fortunate that Ive bought so much inventory over the last 18 months. I have been buying it faster than I can fix and list it all, which puts me in a great position for the particular situation right now. Its like having a savings account with 400% interest on it. To those sellers who are struggling right now, you can't let this beat you. This is a great opportunity to experiment with different things. Changing how you promote items, spicing up your listings, running sales, trying different types of items, using social media to get the word out and drive traffic to your items. At this point, you have nothing to lose and if you are stuck at home, shut off the news, blast some music and get to work! There are tons of resources out there, mainly its other sellers who give great advice and tips and tricks. Stay positive and use every tool at your disposal to MAKE things happen. Anyone who thinks just throwing some inventory up on eBay will result in success is not going to make it. eBay is not rocket science. I find that most people over think things, especially when they are struggling. Go back to the basics and be flexible. The results will amaze you.

Message 55 of 77
latest reply

Trying to keep up with shipping orders?

Message 56 of 77
latest reply

@bbravo65 wrote:

...I'm still going to work everyday...thanks God...

...I don't see traffic on freeway getting much better regarding no schools, no shopping, no restaurants, and quite amount of people had no works...still a lot of vehicles on streets...

...never have enough time for sleeping...sometimes I fell slept in front of my PC while posting on this forum or printing shipping labels for eBay buyers...

...plus being a caregiver for family members when they needed...

...busy and happy...in...stress...!

Still working here as well, but I went from 5 to 4 so an extra day at home to list and ship.

Message 57 of 77
latest reply

Being harassed by cheapskates and about to finish today's shipping.   Then, I need breakfast!

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 58 of 77
latest reply

and checking my bank account every morning. I have to know where every penny went.

And worring about my mom because she has cancer and is dying.
Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 59 of 77
latest reply

@outdatedrecreated wrote:

99% of this store is actually VCRs, VCR/DVD Combo Players and Recorders. All I have left are the remotes right now. Ive sold 213 machines in March across the platforms I use. Ive sold 416 remotes in March across the platforms I use. Ive got close to 600 more machines and thousands of remotes that are being serviced, repaired, tested, or cleaned and fast as I can. Im very fortunate that Ive bought so much inventory over the last 18 months. I have been buying it faster than I can fix and list it all, which puts me in a great position for the particular situation right now. Its like having a savings account with 400% interest on it. To those sellers who are struggling right now, you can't let this beat you. This is a great opportunity to experiment with different things. Changing how you promote items, spicing up your listings, running sales, trying different types of items, using social media to get the word out and drive traffic to your items. At this point, you have nothing to lose and if you are stuck at home, shut off the news, blast some music and get to work! There are tons of resources out there, mainly its other sellers who give great advice and tips and tricks. Stay positive and use every tool at your disposal to MAKE things happen. Anyone who thinks just throwing some inventory up on eBay will result in success is not going to make it. eBay is not rocket science. I find that most people over think things, especially when they are struggling. Go back to the basics and be flexible. The results will amaze you.

Our shortage of units is due a lot to the amount of time my tech has to work on this stuff - it's a hobby for him and I'm the one who does the selling. 

My own inventory I've stockpiled as you have - I just haven't been listing much of it (I sell on social media elsewhere).

I agree with changing things up, experimenting, etc. - in fact, I've done that the entire time I've sold on here - it's important to keep up!

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 60 of 77
latest reply