cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyone is stuck at home so what are they doing?

HEY ebay!!!!

Everyone is stuck at home!!!

Traffic should be at an all time high!!!

Is ebay saying more buyers shop from work then from home?

I don't need 50,000 fixed cost listings I will never use!!!  I would prefer 500 auctions instead.

I just need people shopping on ebay!!!

I would be great if someone at ebay was working on increasing traffic instead of fixing seller hub and having meetings about other worthless offers to sellers.  

If says a lot about ebay if everyone's traffic in all categories is not up!!!!

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: Everyone is stuck at home so what are they doing?

NOTHING.....My hubby and I have been practicing self isolating for years.   I used to think I needed to be productive but not so much anymore.   Pulling weeds, mowing property, watching quail, listening to neighbor kids scream (boo) becoming a Facebook troll,  watching the news.   I am recently retired and in one month will be on Medicare so I no longer will have a big fat health care premium to pay so social security should cover my bills.  I have been on ebay for 21 years so ready for a change but it has been such a part of my life it is hard to get away.   When we are mobile again I think major behavior changes are headed our way.   Folks do not really need expensive purses, newest tech gadgets, latest kicks, etc.  But for now staying put and safe.

Message 16 of 77
latest reply

Everyone may find watching episodes of "My little Margie" ,

entertainment & distracting

from the current crisis situation.

Message 17 of 77
latest reply

Probably should stock up on OFF products as mosquito season is approaching.  My guess is when they start biting people will become worried if they bite a infected person they could spread the virus.

Message 18 of 77
latest reply

@usmediamass   Lots of cleaning and reorganizing plus ...

20200321_175641_resized.jpg

Pressure washing the house is on the list too!!!

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 19 of 77
latest reply

Mr. C - Long time - no see.  Good to see you are still keeping busy.   Hope you and Mrs. C are doing well.  

As most Florida retirees this shelter at home is tough, but I am thankful that I opted for a single family home in a mixed age community when I moved down here instead of an old folks condo.   The dog and I have a great number of dog park friends - our 7:30 daily crew is pushing close to the groups of 10 limit - we are already past that in dogs.   My younger neighbors are great about keeping an eye on this old lady.  

Message 20 of 77
latest reply

@usmediamass wrote:

@lex-talon 

Yes of course, it is my listings.

I still think traffic should be up for everyone. 

I didn't say sales should be up but people at home there should be more views happening to pass the time.

I don't know about you, but I'm definitely getting views.  Put a few things up this afternoon and already the view count is climbing.

Message 21 of 77
latest reply

What are they doing?

I've been listing and I've been selling.

No drop in sales.

Message 22 of 77
latest reply

My views have slowed way down the past two weeks compared to the first two weeks of the month on all four of my accounts.  

Message 23 of 77
latest reply

...I'm still going to work everyday...thanks God...

...I don't see traffic on freeway getting much better regarding no schools, no shopping, no restaurants, and quite amount of people had no works...still a lot of vehicles on streets...

...never have enough time for sleeping...sometimes I fell slept in front of my PC while posting on this forum or printing shipping labels for eBay buyers...

...plus being a caregiver for family members when they needed...

...busy and happy...in...stress...!

Message 24 of 77
latest reply

I'm adapting - got lots to do at home and am going on runs and bike rides.  The DH is working full-time plus in his computer room at the back of the house.  Our 18-year-old cat is getting completely spoiled from having a full staff at her beck and call.

As for sales - I sell clothing which usually tanks on auction (not sure why I'd auction it to begin with, I sure don't bid on it at auction) and unfortunately can't find much that WOULD do well on auction - those items are few and far between but fun when I find them.  I used to auction all the time but local supply of such items was a lot better in the olden days.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 25 of 77
latest reply

they  taking all  toliet paper and other ness we all need and coming here and selling it  high prices taking advantage of older folks   as  we are staying  home.     

Message 26 of 77
latest reply

Ebay should not  allowing people to sell  at rediculous prices,,  people are in need and they are  being greedy and disrepectful to   elderly and others 

Message 27 of 77
latest reply

Do you ship these in envelopes for just a stamp?  Curious, also of note they changed how item not received works on ebay now. Any buyer that claims they didn't get your item automatically wins the case if there is no tracking.

Message 28 of 77
latest reply

I've been learning how to do trades within my ROTH. Need more side gigs and though inside a roth you cannot do many trades, it's plenty for me. Instead of loosing money this month (march) I've made $217 by trading on some green days. Doesn't sound like much but it's a major feat during this stock market crash.

Also learning homesteading skills by watching youtube. Hoping we have time this summer to complete our house and put this one up for sale. Problem is there isn't many homesteads in Northern Calif. We're about 1 hr from Reno.

PEOPLE ARE suddenly buying my jogging pants & bra's. Anything comfortable to wear at home but not looking at shorts, bouses, or anything of that sort.

Message 29 of 77
latest reply

For me personally nothing has changed. I only go to town once or twice a month anyway, so shelter in place hasn't affected me in that aspect. Hubby and baby girl still go to work  (hubby at Walmart, daughter at the hospital).

I'm doing more cleaning of high touch areas and that sort of thing, and praying that neither hubby nor baby girl get sick.  Shopping isn't an issue, hubby just brings things home from Walmart after he gets off work. I'm glad that the store closes at 20.30 now instead of being open 24 hours. At least when he goes to work he doesn't have to deal with masses of people breathing all over him. I wish they'd just close completely, but that'll never happen.

I'm trying to list a few things each day, since getting the garden ready isn't in the cards right now because of all the rain. If it weren't raining I'd be outside.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 30 of 77
latest reply