cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when Sending Offers to buyer: Listings not eligible for offers

I currently have 6 items that appear within SellerHub as eligible for offers, but when I attempt to send offers I receive an error that states "Listings not eligible for offers.". This has been ongoing for well over a year and the list of items impacted is growing as my watchers increase.

Each of these items have between 500-800 watchers, and it seems that as other items also gain 500+ watchers, they join this list of items that begin to receive errors and I then am unable to send an offer to buyers regardless of the item showing as "eligible".

Does anyone else experience this issue?

Does an eBay team member have a fix for this?

2022-05-05 09_11_52-Manage active listings - eBay Seller Hub.jpg2022-05-05 09_13_38-Manage active listings - eBay Seller Hub.png

Jon
eCommerce Sales Manager
RAK Distribution (on eBay)
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Error when Sending Offers to buyer: Listings not eligible for offers

Buyers have the option to not receive offers. I think more and more are blocking them.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

More may be blocking them, but that should not introduce an obvious site error that prevents the majority from being able to receive the offer.

I still believe that this is a bug in the eBay system.

Jon
eCommerce Sales Manager
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@rakdistribution wrote:

I currently have 6 items that appear within SellerHub as eligible for offers, but when I attempt to send offers I receive an error that states "Listings not eligible for offers.". This has been ongoing for well over a year and the list of items impacted is growing as my watchers increase.

Each of these items have between 500-800 watchers, and it seems that as other items also gain 500+ watchers, they join this list of items that begin to receive errors and I then am unable to send an offer to buyers regardless of the item showing as "eligible".

Does anyone else experience this issue?

Does an eBay team member have a fix for this?

It shows that you successfully sent 156 offers, so how has this been going on for a year?

Maybe post on the technical boards instead.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

No.   You don't get a message when buyers have their option turned off, you're just not eligible to send to them.  

I send offers at least daily, often multiple times/day & I have seen this message occasionally after I try to send the offer.  Most recently, yesterday.  I tried it again moments later & it went through.  For me, it's a rare enough occurrence that I always guessed it had to do with 1 of my watchers that was eligible, dropping off, right when I was in the process of sending the offer.   That's just a guess though, b/c sometimes if you just try it again, like I did yesterday, it goes through fine.  

That said, I wonder if it has to do with the extremely high number of watchers you have.   Perhaps that is messing up the system?  For me, having 10 watchers is HUGE lol.  I rarely have more than 1 or 2 watchers per item.   I only see that message maybe once every week or two.  If you are seeing it all the time, I do wonder if it's the high numbers that are causing the issue of Ebay keeping track of who already got an offer & who didn't.  Unfortunately, if that's the case, I really don't know what you can do about it.  

Perhaps someone else with large quantities of watchers will post about their experience. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

As I stated, it's only happening on these particular SKUs that long. What you're seeing is the 156 items I'm NOT having the problem with. 🙂

Jon
eCommerce Sales Manager
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

It is April 2023 and I'm getting this same error myself.  Anyone ever solve it?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

It is May 2023 and I still get this error. Has anyone else figured this out??

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

In reviewing this eBay policy the other day, it looks like you would benefit from simply putting that SKU under the feature of "automatically send offers". eBay limits you to sending 10 offers per day, per item, however you take the annoyance out of the process when you automate since eBay notes that it will send 10 offers each day every day until all watchers have received the offer. You have a TON of watchers so it will take a while...

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

This has been an ongoing issue on my end for the past 2 months in addition to the now abysmally low views/sales on this platform.

I can only hope the next quarter investors meeting results in some kind of action taken against the CEO of this site. I've never seen a billion dollar website have this many crippling problems on a daily basis.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Same answer as it was in 2022.  See my post #5.  Every time I've had one of these (and I still get them too) it either resolves itself seconds later or doesn't, in which case I assume it was a timing thing & the watcher dropped off at just that point in time.   A lot of the times though, I try it again a few seconds later & it works fine. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@rakdistribution 

Have you reported the problem to Ebay?  If you want it fixed you need to report it.  If you choose to report it, make sure you get the ticket number they assign so you can call and check on the status if it isn't fixed in a timely manner.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Whats going on is when you click send offer (the first time), it defaults to "automatically send offer" unless you uncheck it. So basically it's sending every single person that original offer that signs up to your watchlist each day. And when it sends that offer automatically, you will get an error message when you try to send them again because all the offers have already been sent. What you want to do is go to your offer settings for that item and turn off automatically send offers, then you can let the watchers build up and send the offer manually. I don't know why it took years for someone to answer this, but there it is. Good luck!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

2022 Thread

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply