cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elimination of Paypal

Is anyone else out there concerned about Ebay eliminating Paypal ? I wonder if if will have an effect on my sales in the future. Feedback anyone ?

Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

Re: Elimination of Paypal

@amricons
The information and flow chart linked below is from ebay's own website. It is the same type of flow chart ebay used to tell sellers they were going to automatically approve returns on our behalf. It shows that they intend on taking over payments. Like I said ebay will be paying us. Sellers will be switched paying ebay to getting paid by ebay. They want it all.
The timeline is there also:
We've started reaching out to a small group of sellers to experience the new way to sell and get paid on eBay. We are planning to expand the experience to more sellers in mid 2019. By 2021, we expect to have transitioned a majority of our customers.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/managed-payments-on-ebay.html

Message 31 of 120
latest reply

I keep thinking of how EBAY pounded it into our heads for years that Paypal was first and last in payment methods.

Message 32 of 120
latest reply

I opted in early, actually one of the first. It affected my sales to some degree simply because other sellers are still accepting PP.  When the transistion is complete it probably won't make much of a difference in domestic sales. I ship internationally via Global Shipping which is lost completely with new system. My international sales are virtually zero except for sales I ship directly. Not having PP and Global Shipping is killer since my items do not even appear on UK site now, just a blank store, nothing for sale, according to buyer in UK. International buyers have great confidence in PP after using it for 15/20 years and may not use the new eBay Payments sytem.  Have had several repeat buyers comment about the system negatively and have lost a few due to loss of PP but may return when all sellers lose PP.

Message 33 of 120
latest reply

All sellers will lose PP for a few months until summer of '19 but that's not a done deal with date certain to reinstate PP. 

Message 34 of 120
latest reply

Thank you to all of the sellers / buyers for giving me feedback on the Paypal situation. There are definitely many people who seem to dislike this new system. I really don't understand why Ebay can't keep partnering with Paypal and give the option to all for a new system as well. It would give the buyer more options and help us to keep our customers and possibly gain new ones. If Paypal even temporarily is not an option , I believe that it will hurt us all. I posted my concerns to get a feel for how this will affect everyone , and I know now that we may have a difficult road ahead. If I could have all the options I would sign up for all of them. Now I hesitate to think about my Ebay selling future. I know that our posts are checked by Ebay staff , so I hope that our concerns will be mentioned and considered. I have enjoyed buying and selling part time for around twenty years. I have appreciated a platform in which to make some extra money and have fellowship with my customers. And Ebay has profited from it. All I want is to continue to do the same and not waste my time. My sales have faltered lately but overall I have been doing pretty good. I want my PAYPAL !!!!!!

Message 35 of 120
latest reply

I sell on Etsy as well, and I like that I am not paying an extra fee to Paypal.  Etsy has always moved money directly to your bank account once a week, or daily if you need it. You have control of when you get your money.  They do accept Paypal as well.  So, after PayPal is an option, I think this is a good thing for sellers.  

Message 36 of 120
latest reply

don't much understand this.. paypal since 2002 was owned subsidiary of ebay, up til 2015 sometime (I believe) where paypal became independent company. It's grown with Ebay and has become the most accepted form of payment online... why would ebay eliminate this payment option? 

I still accept (and only accept) payment via paypal.. i'm new to ebay store so does this mean eventually I'll be forced to not be able to accept paypal from buyers for ebay sales? 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 37 of 120
latest reply

@denicgardne-0 wrote:

I sell on Etsy as well, and I like that I am not paying an extra fee to Paypal.  Etsy has always moved money directly to your bank account once a week, or daily if you need it. You have control of when you get your money.  They do accept Paypal as well.  So, after PayPal is an option, I think this is a good thing for sellers.  

I use PP only for my ebay sales and purchases.

I like the protection they give for fraud, returns, etc.

I've had nothing but good experiences since I opened my PP acct 12 yrs ago.

They've really protected me as both a seller and buyer.

Message 38 of 120
latest reply

Well it would be good to have the buyer use their credit card and pay directly though Ebay.  I think it would help new buyers to buy without setting up a Paypal if anyone remember all that aka depositing into your checking account and confirming the amounts.

Message 39 of 120
latest reply

I think there are a lot of emotional responses here.

I was in the initial beta for managed payments.  My sales have actually gone up.  I believe ebay is promoting me, just my guess.  I haven't done anything different than I have over the years.

As for Ebay eliminating Paypal, where or when has Ebay stated this?  They initially are not accepting PayPal so buyers be foreced to use the new payment system.  Once the "bugs" are worked out, aniticipated summer of 2019, PayPal will be reintroduced.  

Everyone who is boycotting sellers who do not accept Paypal, you are hurting the sellers more than ebay.

Saying all that, I have lost about 4 to 5 sales due to people saying they need or have to pay using paypal.

Also, is everyone here who is "mad" at ebay also boycotting Amazon?  Amazon does not take PayPal.  Maybe all of you have never shopped on Amazon because they never took PayPal?

Message 40 of 120
latest reply

In response to your, We are only hurting the sellers,"  I want to make a bold statement that I do not want ebay managing my payments under any circumstance.  I am also under the belief that Pay Pal should not be the only way to pay on Ebay.  However I do not want Ebay managing anything else until they get their site fixed.  It is horrible and it sucks.  I pay ebay a handsome fee to get it right and they don't so I have no desire for them to manage my money also.  

NO EMOTION HERE....

When Ebay gets right what they already promise then we can talk about other things.   Its really not about Pay Pal as much as it is EBAY.

Everyone has thier own opinion

Rich 

Message 41 of 120
latest reply

So you are ok working for and getting paid by ebay....
Message 42 of 120
latest reply

Rich,

Totally understand your postion.  My positon is, will you not purchase from me because I do not offer pay pal right now?  

If not, you are not hurting ebay, you are hurting me. That is my point and that would be emotional.

Regards,

Jeff

Message 43 of 120
latest reply

That is a stretch perception and if you actually believe that, you should not be on this message board let alone, selling on ebay.  

Message 44 of 120
latest reply

Amen.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 45 of 120
latest reply