cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay violates its own Seller Protection policies. Won't remove feedback left due to shipper delay.

Ebay Seller Protection policy states regarding "Events outside your control" that if "An item arrived late but tracking show that shipped on time" then "We will automatically adjust your late shipment rate and remove negative or neutral feedback when: The carrier scan show you shipped with your handling time, even if it arrives late."

Despite this stated policy, Ebay customer service either doesn't know the policy or they don't simply don't care. Despite tracking showing the item was in the possession of FedEx within 1 day, they refuse to remove the negative feedback. To make matters worse - the negative feedback was left on day 11 with a comment of "Item never received", and then item arrived on day 12. Customer is now very happy, but the Feedback Revision request just kept asking him for his user name and password over and over, so he was not able to revise it. 

This seems insane to me to treat sellers with contempt especially when it hinders their ability to sell which hurts Ebay.

Is there any way to go above the general customer service representatives who either don't know policy or can't be bothered to follow it?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Ebay violates its own Seller Protection policies. Won't remove feedback left due to shipper delay.

I should add that one customer service representative stated that she could see the conversation with the buyer stating they had received the item and wanted to revise the feedback but were unable, and said that the feedback would be removed within 72 hours, but then 2 days later I got an email from Ebay stating the feedback didn't violate any of their policies and would not be removed.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Why not send your buyer a feedback revision request? 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

They did, according to the original post.  Many buyers have been having trouble with that form for a while.

OP, all you can do is keep trying CS if it's worth it to you, or let it slide (with a professional response saying that the item was received and the buyer expressed their contentment to you in messages).  One negative isn't the end of the world.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@adopt2grow

What you can do is reach out on social media via Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ebayForBusiness/

These agents are US CS eBay employees and may better serve you and your situation.  Many positive posts with their ability to be helpful.  In the past they were helpful concerning my issue at hand.  Give it a try...it might be worth it.

Good luck to you!

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

?

Since this is ebay's ballpark, ebay made the policy, it  chooses when & if to appy their policy.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

I did and he WANTS to change it, but he says he attempted to access it to change the feedback “fifty times” but just kept getting asked for username and password repeatedly. It has now expired. I have that entire conversation in my Ebay messages too, but Ebay customer service still won’t remove the feedback.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Can the buyer leave a follow up comment to his/her original feedback?

If so, perhaps they would state that the item was received and their original comment no longer applies.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

but Ebay customer service still won’t remove the feedback...

@adopt2grow 

@ckimodog 
@brightlightbookseller 

eBay's new plan was outlined in a response on the eBay for Business F.Book page last week or so: 

eBay for Business

We’ve recently standardized the process to have all feedback appeals submitted through the Seller Help Dashboard to better align with our global process and maintain consistency for all users. This would be why any support member you talk to though phones, chat, email, or social media would be unable to assist with the removal. We understand that changes can sometimes be challenging, but we believe this adjustment will ultimately create a more streamlined experience. Thank you for your understanding.

The underline is mine. I suspect that this new consistent and streamlined process means the function is now being handled by BOTS who are stuck in denial mode.  The technology is not unlike the new BOT that replies when you "report a listing" with flagrant policy violations.....'they found nothing wrong'. 

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

but Ebay customer service still won’t remove the feedback...

@adopt2grow 

@ckimodog 
@brightlightbookseller 

eBay's new plan was outlined in a response on the eBay for Business F.Book page last week or so: 

eBay for Business

We’ve recently standardized the process to have all feedback appeals submitted through the Seller Help Dashboard to better align with our global process and maintain consistency for all users. This would be why any support member you talk to though phones, chat, email, or social media would be unable to assist with the removal. We understand that changes can sometimes be challenging, but we believe this adjustment will ultimately create a more streamlined experience. Thank you for your understanding.

The underline is mine. I suspect that this new consistent and streamlined process means the function is now being handled by BOTS who are stuck in denial mode.  The technology is not unlike the new BOT that replies when you "report a listing" with flagrant policy violations.....'they found nothing wrong'. 

I just spoke a few days ago with a USA Anchor Store CSR that told me they were planning on reversing that, I am hoping that is true...maybe she just meant for Anchor Stores but I certainly hope the feedback removal process becomes fair again for all of us.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

I thought I had read that it had been reversed, but if it hasn't yet, hopefully it will be!

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

@adopt2grow 

@ckimodog 
@brightlightbookseller 

eBay for Business

We’ve recently standardized the process to have all feedback appeals submitted through the Seller Help Dashboard to better align with our global process and maintain consistency for all users. This would be why any support member you talk to [through] phones, chat, email, or social media would be unable to assist with the removal.

What a fascinating pile of word salad. It doesn't say anything to suggest that this is an improvement; it calls it maintaining "consistency," which in essence suggests that everyone will get the same answer, and judging from the increase of complaints, that answer appears to be "No."

@ittybitnot wrote (continuing the quote from eBay above):

We understand that changes can sometimes be challenging, but we believe this adjustment will ultimately create a more streamlined experience. Thank you for your understanding.

Again, nothing to suggest that anything will be improved, or more fair, only that it will be "a more streamlined experience."

I remember a scene from the original "Mad About You" TV series in the 1990s sometime, where Paul Reiser's character is trying to get Helen Hunt to agree to something, I don't remember what now, and he keeps trying to rephrase the question in different ways, but her response is always "No."  As the scene goes on, she cuts him off more and more abruptly, no longer waiting for him to finish his latest quest-- "No." Finally, he barely gets his mouth open before-- "No." He is reduced to trying a series of facial expressions only... "No." "No." "No." and so on. (If anyone can turn this up on Youtube, I'd be grateful.)

I am reminded of that whenever I read about how the appeals process here is becoming more and more "streamlined" without even promising to become better at what it is supposed to do.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

The Seller needs to send the buyer a Feedback Revision form.  Inform your buyer to expect an email from Ebay that will enable them to use a link to easily revise their feedback.  These forms have a life span of a few days, so always make sure your buyer knows it is coming and that it is an email from Ebay.

This will be the easiest way to get this resolved.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/leaving-feedback-buyers/replying-feedback-received-item-sold?id=41...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

That was done, if you notice.  The buyer was having trouble using the form, it wasn't loading properly for them I believe.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

That was done, if you notice.  The buyer was having trouble using the form, it wasn't loading properly for them I believe.

Thank you for the correction.  I was definitely wrong and did not read that correctly.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 15 of 21
latest reply