cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sent cockroaches and Spiders to people..

this was a while back, ebay was found guilty of sending cockroaches and spiders to people( who I assume had held there feet to the fire). anyway fyi, this is the kinda people yer dealing with..

Message 1 of 135
latest reply
134 REPLIES 134

Re: Ebay sent cockroaches and Spiders to people..

@gabe101907 

murph1727_2-1713749279510.png

Really, I'm not.

Message 76 of 135
latest reply

@gabe101907 wrote:

ebay pays bots, (not sure if that's the right word) to be on these forums, and take there side and spin things, no matter how radically wrong they are. to make e bay look good and shift the blame. watch its pretty obvious 

@gabe101907 

Wow!  Who are these paid bots/posters on the forums?  I’ve been posting here regularly for 18 years and have never come across any.  

[I can assure you that I’d never do this for money … only as a volunteer.  I wouldn’t want anyone trying to control what I say.]

Message 77 of 135
latest reply

@gabe101907 wrote:

Yes exactly my point, there is defiantly  things that smell of organized crime. I think its good to keep this out there so people stop and think about who there dealing with. Except for tracfone, ebay is the worst company i have ever dealt with as far as the company. Certainly there is tons of great buyers and sellers on here. Thats wye I keep using it. but the company itself is horrendous, it seams every other week now its some more problems they will not fix, or make worse, or something they will not do, or should do, I know they do things that are illegal. It used to be a lot better, I cant understand wye they screwed it up so bad...

Care to elaborate on that or is your goal only to sling mud to see what might stick.  Be specific.  Back up what you are saying.  Just coming here and libeling the company [which is illegal] or it's members is childish and unproductive.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 78 of 135
latest reply

@gabe101907 wrote:

yes I get that, but they did it with criminal malicious intent. And were found guilty in court of it. They probably did way worse stuff to.

Yes they did.  The ex-employees.  Which is why most are in jail.  

The investigations by the FBI and the Justice system were probing.  So you are saying that they did not find any of the "worse stuff" because they are not capable of doing that or that they were in on it and just didn't report their complete findings?

Message 79 of 135
latest reply

@gabe101907 wrote:

Exactly, i personally know people and in a wider, business since that will not use ebay. some of who are non informed enough that they dont really get that eBay isn't a "store" or "company" that you buy stuff from directly like amazon of summit racing, or whatever..

Do you realize how many law suits Amazon has against them?  Some settled, some not.  Some against employees and their illegal behavior and other reasons. 

Message 80 of 135
latest reply

@gabe101907 wrote:

ebay pays bots, (not sure if that's the right word) to be on these forums, and take there side and spin things, no matter how radically wrong they are. to make e bay look good and shift the blame. watch its pretty obvious 

PROVE IT !!!  

This and similar things are often said about other posters that simply don't agree with someone's  outlook on things.  If they don't agree with you, they must be wrong in some way.  

It is really sad that many adults can't have a civil conversation with others that don't see things in the same way as they do.  Over the years I've learn many things through debate.

Sad, very sad!  🤔

Bots are AI driven, so unlikely that they are on the payroll.

Message 81 of 135
latest reply

"Bots are AI driven, so unlikely that they are on the payroll."

R2D2 is not going to be happy to hear that. Idk, all the 'you must work for Ebay' nonsense is such an old cliche when op's are not agreed with, its just makes me laugh.All it does is make ops look foolish and paranoid. Some see conspiracy behind every shrub.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 82 of 135
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@gabe101907 wrote:

yes I get that, but they did it with criminal malicious intent. And were found guilty in court of it. They probably did way worse stuff to.

Yes they did.  The ex-employees.  Which is why most are in jail.  

@mam98031 Just to be clear here, it is not just the ex-employees (whether the ones who pleaded guilty criminally and/or the ones who have been named in the civil lawsuit.)

It is very important to understand that eBay the corporation was also charged with 6 federal felonies.

Directly from the Department of Justice:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/pr/ebay-inc-pay-3-million-connection-corporate-cyberstalking-campaig... 

"eBay was charged criminally with two counts of stalking through interstate travel, two counts of stalking through electronic communications services, one count of witness tampering and one count of obstruction of justice and has entered into a deferred prosecution agreement.

Pursuant to the agreement, eBay admitted to a detailed recitation of all the relevant facts about its conduct and agreed to pay a criminal penalty of $3 million, which is the statutory maximum fine for these six felony offenses. As part of this resolution, eBay will also be required to retain an independent corporate compliance monitor for a period of three years and to make extensive enhancements to its compliance program. "

Read that again, eBay admitted to a detailed recitation of the relevant facts about its conduct.

As far as your assertion that it is libelous for @gabe101907  to say "I know they do things that are illegal." - truth is generally considered to be a strong defense against libel.

That DOJ press release provides at least 6 illegal/felonious things that eBay, the corporation, admits it has done, which the OP obviously knows about since they referenced it.

Other examples may be able to be found as well, but that one alone would likely be enough to answer any legal questions about whether that statement exactly as written in that post constitutes libel.

Message 83 of 135
latest reply

Confession time:

bot.jpg

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 84 of 135
latest reply

Yes I am sure it will never happen again.

Message 85 of 135
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

"Bots are AI driven, so unlikely that they are on the payroll."

Idk, all the 'you must work for Ebay' nonsense is such an old cliche when op's are not agreed with, its just makes me laugh.All it does is make ops look foolish and paranoid. Some see conspiracy behind every shrub.

Wow - Anybody with any smarts would know that if you post 20,000 times here and never have a negative thing to say about the site, there is an agenda behind it - Its absolutely impossible to have a record like that without an agenda - truly I really don't care what it is, because your unfounded, supercilious posts could never sway my opinion of anyone else's who is more interested in facts/truth.

I mean lets take the theme of the thread you are posting in:

If this situation was still unraveling where the defendants were not yet found guilty of a crime, but there was news worthy evidence that a crime had been committed, Your response would be exactly the same as it is with everything ebay: "nonsense" - "such an old cliche when op's are not agreed with" - "its just makes me laugh" - All it does is make ops look foolish and paranoid" - "Some see conspiracy behind every shrub"

And later when they were all found guilty, it wouldnt even matter to you, because your agenda(whatever it is) is more important that truth or fact - you would just spin what you wrote and double down on it.

Message 86 of 135
latest reply

There was also a fetal pig sent and low level employees stalking them in their cars. And isn't there another lawsuit that is in the works or coming up? 

Message 87 of 135
latest reply

The OP wanted to bring this old news to our attention for wheatever reason.

That's fine.

We all have varying degrees of reaction.

That's notmal.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 88 of 135
latest reply

@inhawaii  I want to post songs after my sig., too, but I'd feel like such a

image.jpg

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 89 of 135
latest reply

I'm aware, but thanks for the correct.  I just really didn't feel like getting into the weeds of this 5 year old issue.  I simply don't see the point.  But of course you are welcome to feed the OP.

Message 90 of 135
latest reply