cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sending offers on my behalf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So apparently there is a new thing if you have a good until canceled item, eBay will send an offer to anyone watching. They pick the amount! If a listing has no saved offers within 30 days, they will do this!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Ebay sending offers on my behalf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I find it strange that I can never look up my expired offers to see what I did offer. NEVER does it come in an email like when I list or sell something. When the counteroffer was on, I would get that email but never the original email that stated what I offered.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@beastofburden wrote:

Where is this page even at? I currently have one item that I could send an offer to and this is not anywhere on that page. Are you using the new seller hub? I am not.

That page comes up when I try to send an offer from Seller Hub........

As to how to disable it.......I would imagine (never tried it) that it will show up if you try to send an offer again.....on the same item, so you could remove the checkmark......or you could cancel the listing.....and that should stop it. 

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

i have been selling on ebay for 20 years... never heard or seen this before, until a week or so ago... i have not sent any offers out on my product... yet two sales have gone through with a 15% discount applied, i did not offer this to the customers and there is nothing pre-set or switched on regards auto offers etc. its a mystery so thought i would take a look at this forum, i have not the time or patience to call ebay about it as total lost about a fiver, but on low margin items after fees and postage it means its next to pointless selling these items as the 15% is my profit... seems ebay have sent these offers to watchers without my authorisation or knowledge until the sale comes through i know nothing about it. i will monitor but am not happy about this if the price i sell my goods at is taken out of my hands this does not seem right.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply