cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sending offers on my behalf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So apparently there is a new thing if you have a good until canceled item, eBay will send an offer to anyone watching. They pick the amount! If a listing has no saved offers within 30 days, they will do this!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Ebay sending offers on my behalf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What exactly led you to this bizarre conclusion?

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I am sorry. What you are saying is absolute nonsense.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Are you using an APP when you list?   I would check to make sure "automatic pricing" option if not turned on.

EBAY does not have the capability to "make offers" on your behalf.   However, they do have option "you can turn on" to allow EBAY to automatically lower your selling price if it doesn't sell right away.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@beastofburden 

I get those "send offers" all the time.  75% of the time, I get buyers, but I set the price.  I do not give counter offers.  I turn that feature off.  

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Ebay can send offers for you IF you check the 2nd box on the send offer form:  Click on Learn more to.......well, learn more, lol. 

Screenshot (322).png

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Well, I sold something in the early hours for $3.00 less than I had on it.....it was a good til canceled item. Now, I might have a bad memory but couldn't remember offering anyone a lower price recently. Well, I called them and after 2 workers, I was told eBay sent the offer on my behalf since it had been over 30 days with out a certain number of clicks or whatever. Rep said this went into effect when eBay started their managed  payments!

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Well, it happened and apparently, they can do it. I asked when were we as sellers made aware of it and she said we were not. I just started recently doing the good until cancelled sales.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I'm not sure what APP is.  They literally offered my item for $3.00 less and it sold. Took me two reps to figure out what happened and it has to do with clicks or saves or something on listings that are 30 days....good until canceled. If there is any feature I can turn off, I want to. I do not accept counter offers as those have seemed like a joke to me with such low offers!

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I'm not talking about me sending an offer, eBay sent it without my knowledge. I wouldn't believe it myself but they did.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I have never seen that nor did I check a box. I am going to check out all of my things to verify that it is not checked. Thanks!

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Where is this page even at? I currently have one item that I could send an offer to and this is not anywhere on that page. Are you using the new seller hub? I am not.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Selling here 22+ years and never heard of this happening.   

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

It happened to me once in the 20 years I've been on this platform. I couldn't figure it out. I'm also not a store, I'm just someone who wants to get rid of stuff. Though if eBay kept doing this, I'd look into it.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I've been here 24 years and it happened to me today. eBay is giving me that $3.00 back they said but I don't want it to happen in the future. As I look back, I think this is the second time it happened! 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply