cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay seller promotions - was told can use after my normal first free 50?

I have been selling on eBay for nearly 6 years now and have used their selling promotions many times. The current promotion I received gives 100 free listings in buy it now format for 30 days or good til cancelled. I listed 3 items and it took them off of my normal 50 free instead of the available 100 in the promotion. I called customer service and was told that I would have to use my 50 normal ones first and then the 100 in the promotion would kick in. I have never had to do that before. Has something changed? Can someone tell me why or what is going on. I live in a very tiny apartment and do not have room in it to be able to list 50 items before that promotion ends and then list more to be able to take advantage of the promotion and have never had to do so before. The items I listed start today and were listed for 30 days and were not of the categories that aren't included.

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Ebay seller promotions - was told can use after my normal first free 50?

@poppyswag wrote:

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

@poppyswag wrote:

You can't sue ebay in a class action lawsuit. Historically, at least from this ID, you haven't been here very long.  

That got shot down by a Federal judge quite some time ago, rendering the no CA suits clause in the UA invalid.

So there can be a class action suit because ebay is in CA?

CA == Class Action

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 46 of 54
latest reply

My question is, why didn't eBay just give an extra 50 to those who accepted the 100 promo starting on the day after the end of the promo and ending on May 31 at midnight?  Would be so much easier -- from my point of view -- than being charged for and then refunded for the first 50 over the initial allotment.

Message 47 of 54
latest reply

It would have been, but eBay isn't known for doing anything the "easy (or logical) way"

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 48 of 54
latest reply

Of course, those additional 50 won't be coming off any "tally" anywhere, so sellers will have to keep track of how many listings they've paid for, right?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 49 of 54
latest reply

@poppyswag wrote:

@poppyswag wrote:

You can't sue ebay in a class action lawsuit. Historically, at least from this ID, you haven't been here very long.  

That got shot down by a Federal judge quite some time ago, rendering the no CA suits clause in the UA invalid.

So there can be a class action suit because ebay is in CA?

CA == Class Action

Ebay can be sued, and they have settled several Class Action Lawsuits over the years. My account recently got credited $28 as part of a settlement award when eBay was sued over ending listings after a buyer used Buy it Now, and then the Buyer didn't pay, and Sellers had to repay a listing fee. I got back 46 times the amount I was originally charged in relist fees from the settlement.

Message 50 of 54
latest reply

@poppyswag wrote:

@florida.merman1 wrote:
Your math is correct, you'll get 200 Free Listings if you use them all correctly. Just ignore the naysayers, they are historically chronic whiners and conspiracy theorists.

Ebay will "credit any listing fees" charged on 50 listings after May 8th. They screwed up and we have it in writing. The last thing they need is another Class Action Lawsuit......
Those naysayers, chronic whiners, and conspiracy theorists are the same ones that will help you when you need it, and you will.

Wrong on all 3 accounts...

- I didn't come here for help, I came to see if anyone had the same problem I had with the promotion, one hour after it started. Nothing was posted until the next day when "ymeagainlord" posted it in the weekly chat on 5/3

- eBay CAN be sued, and has been, and lost more often than not.

- And I've been selling on eBay for 16 years, this account is 1 of 4. Don't assume facts that aren't in evidence. I just have better things to do than TROLL the Community pages offering misinformation like you just did........

Message 51 of 54
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
Of course, those additional 50 won't be coming off any "tally" anywhere, so sellers will have to keep track of how many listings they've paid for, right?

Interestingly, on the IDs that got this botched up free listing promo, all evidence of the promo itself has now vanished. It's not listed on my 'expired' offers so how exactly do I prove I'm entitled to a 50 listing credit?

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 52 of 54
latest reply

Well, maybe not. Recieved my June invoice and there are no credits as promised by eBay. So all of the insertion fees used following the promotion period for the 100 are being charged, despite assurances from eBay that we would receive an additional 50 to cover the loss of our monthly allocation.

Anyone else have the same result?

Message 53 of 54
latest reply

Ebay owes me a credit of $1.50 for five listings - not received yet - my invoice date is the 15th of the month so I'll give them a few more days. 

Message 54 of 54
latest reply