cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay says "Good 'Til Cancelled" changes are good for sellers, what do you say?

Ebay good til canceled changes.png

Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

Re: Ebay says "Good 'Til Cancelled" changes are good for sellers, what do you say?

In the last 2 years I have found most of ebay's suggestions to be the opposite of helpful.

Message 16 of 147
latest reply

Re: Ebay says "Good 'Til Cancelled" changes are good for sellers, what do you say?

Ebay has stated that 80% of the fixed price listings were already GTC, so if that is true, I wish more of that 80% would post how well it works for them.   Currently the 20% are far more vocal.

Message 17 of 147
latest reply

I have been a member of eBay for 21 years and I believe this is the worst thing that they have ever done for the sellers. I even tried to relist one of my items as an  auction item and they wanted to charge me 5 cents for that listing. I can foresee fewer sales in my store.

In my opinion I am in not in favor of this new GTC option. Please change back ASAP.

Message 18 of 147
latest reply

This is such a silly notion. Let me tell you. As a daily buyer of over 10 years I NOTICE!

The days of Ebay doing what they want, destroying sellers, with the "we don't care, we have more" mindset are over.

I quit selling here years ago but as a buyer only, I can't find anything worth buying most of the time anymore. The years of upsetting sellers has taken a toll, a massive toll, on this place. You can live in the "what Ebay was" world if you choose, but what what "Ebay is" is a truly fledgling marketplace and as a buyer I feel it more now, than I ever did. Its quickly becoming a Sears, A Myspace of E-Commerce. The once booming traffic is declining at a rapid pace

Message 19 of 147
latest reply

The good till cancelled is a SCAM initiated by eBay.  I have been a member of eBay for over 20 years and this change can be considered DICTATORIAL...almost as if eBay was taken over by Russian thugs.  I do not want to have my listings relisted and then be charged another fee by eBay.  This is ridiculous.  If eBay wanted to make a change why didn't they poll the seller community.  And please do not say this was done for my benefit...that is a BIG LIE!

Message 20 of 147
latest reply

I have a large stock that I rotate, so GTC doesn't really work for me. There is no way I can carry the costs of my entire selection of stock. I will work to adapt, and will also explore more options.

Message 21 of 147
latest reply

So if I understand this right the only way to end a listing so the fees don't keep coming every 30 days is sell it, or cancel which would be a defect and we're only allowed 3 of them per year!  If I want to stop selling a stale item 5 years from now or if it's lost or broken I'm screwed.  I could change the stock to zero but will the listing continue to run and cost me every 30 days with zero stock ?

Message 22 of 147
latest reply

Ok I just tried the Google thing.

I have collectibles, one of a kind, but....many similar items.

We had about 50 pairs of vintage shoe forms. All slightly different, requiring different photos, descriptions.

We also have many similar items... scottie dog pins, purses, figures, you get the picture.

I did find one of my shoe form photos on Google.(previously, in the past)

Clicked on it, took me to ebay, but not my things.

My item was sold, took me to things "sort of like" mine listed on eBay.

we had another in our account listed. Ours didn't show. 

Just tried this again. Found a pig figure listed ebay, just like one I have not yet listed.

Clicked on it, did not get that one, but took me to ebay list of pig figures. 

Could not even get info on the one I was interested in.

How is this going to help me? 

Message 23 of 147
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

I think for a lot of us it will give much greater visibility in Google. No more "this listing has ended, here's a similar item" message when a searcher click an Ebay link.

I am absolutely willing to adjust the way I list if it gets me greater visibility in the world's largest search engine.

DRINKING THE KOOLAID!  

Change the channel!
Message 24 of 147
latest reply

@fishingboots wrote:

So if I understand this right the only way to end a listing so the fees don't keep coming every 30 days is sell it, or cancel which would be a defect and we're only allowed 3 of them per year!  If I want to stop selling a stale item 5 years from now or if it's lost or broken I'm screwed.  I could change the stock to zero but will the listing continue to run and cost me every 30 days with zero stock ?

You get a defect if you cancel a sale, not if you END your listings. I say TO HELL with the GTC FORCED RULE. I am ending my listings when I feel I should, (wait or relist) and have a notice on top of them with the date that will end.

I understand that what works for me (or I can do with my listings), is not what others can do.... that's the issue here, Ebay is bunching all of us, no matter what we sell, how we sell it or how big or small our listings are. No sense!

If Ebay doesn't like it, I can't care less. I sell for me not for them! In the meantime I will test other sites, because I only see Ebay DICTATORS, to go from bad to worse.

Message 25 of 147
latest reply

An absolutely terrible idea! I want to decide myself what is good for me.  Stop robbing the sellers. Please change it back!

Message 26 of 147
latest reply

@wiseowlru wrote:

An absolutely terrible idea! I want to decide myself what is good for me.  Stop robbing the sellers. Please change it back!

They won't listen ( we have been protesting for days and days now), and they can NOT CARE LESS. You are nobody here, just a provider of inventory for Ebay sales and revenue.

Message 27 of 147
latest reply

Certainly not good for me. I think my pockets are already pretty empty with the required listing, final value, shipping, and PayPal fees. I see it as only good for ebay.

Message 28 of 147
latest reply

bktime
Thrill-Seeker
Its motivated me to take a load to Goodwill instead of selling it here; and to look for alternative selling platforms. That’s how it has been good for me; I’m motivated to leave them when my GTC 29 days are up.
Message 29 of 147
latest reply

Good 'Til Cancelled is going to hurt me far, far more than it will help me.

Message 30 of 147
latest reply