cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay says buyer paid $16 in shipping, then when go to buy label, says they paid $5???

Went to buy a shipping label. Ebay initially said the buyer paid $16.04 in shipping for both items. When I went to buy the label, ebay said the buyer paid $5.55 for shipping??? And the cost of the label ended up being $6. After buying a label, the listing updated to say the buyer paid $5.55 for both labels. How is this possible?

Both of them are going to an international buyer.

Yesterday I bought a label for an international buyer and they paid $16.04 in shipping. I didn't have this issue yesterday. Why is this happening.

what.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay says buyer paid $16 in shipping, then when go to buy label, says they paid $5???

My guess is that you are sending it to eBay's consolidation center in Kentucky so you receive the US postage amount but the buyer had to pay more to eBay to reship the item internationally.

"Paradigm Shift" ...Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks...1 Thessalonians chapter 5

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ebay says buyer paid $16 in shipping, then when go to buy label, says they paid $5???

My guess is that you are sending it to eBay's consolidation center in Kentucky so you receive the US postage amount but the buyer had to pay more to eBay to reship the item internationally.

"Paradigm Shift" ...Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks...1 Thessalonians chapter 5
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The buyer paid extra shipping because this is an international shipping order.  You received the money for the local shipping and the extra money paid is for the overseas portion of the journey.  They get that additional money.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I thought that you could not combine auctions for international shipping. I am thinking that there was a setting in the listing combining the shipping.  I am thinking that the seller had the listing for 1 price and an additional one is X more.    So if you look at the 2 ads separately , the total adds to the higher number.

I use a similar setting and it works for my loose diecast cars but I can not use it for the bigger carded items because 2 of those and the shipping weight is over 1 lb.

If I am correct, the seller needs to check their listings to make sure that if there setting is there, the additional fee is enough to cover the weight of 2 items. If not, the setting needs to be removed or the cost of the additional item must be increased.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply