cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unregistered User Bidding on my item

My item is active.  I have 8 bidders.   One is "(0)Not a registerd user".   How is an unregistered user able to

bid on my item?  I can't even delete their bid because a user name is not shown.   

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It might have been an active account when the bid was placed.

Perhaps just a lag until eBay removes it or maybe a glitch and it will get corrected over time. Unless they are/were the high bidder it doesn't really mean anything.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@housekat99 

If they are now unregistered  they can't bid on your items any more.  Most the of the time these types have been suspended before, create a new account and try to scam or not pay for an item they're bidding on.  If you want this behavior to cease, stop with the auctions and list all your items at a fixed buy it now price, immediate payment required and NO best offers.  That way they have to pay and most likely will avoid your listings.  Nice shop and items btw.  

Happy Selling

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I took a look at the listing and this may have been corrected by eBay of your bidders I do not see any (0) bidders. EBay may have removed the bidder and the bid. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1683888827202.png

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Well, a little while later there were no unregistered bidders, in its place was one bidder with

2 feedback, who eventually won two of my items.  This buyer is from Canada so it is now in

Ebay's hands to collect the money.  It will be interesting to see if they will combine the two

items the buyer won, or will treat them as two separate items.   Thanks to all for your great

response and replies!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If your Canadian buyer put their purchases in their Cart, the shipping should be combined.

If you are using eIS, this may or may not be possible. Up to you whether you send a partial refund to cover the discounted cost of shipping both purchases together to the US address.

But we Canadians are  bidding in the USA because we can't find The Thing in Canada and expect to pay more than Americans for shipping.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply