cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sales slow April 2018

Hi to all ebay members! I sell on eBay in the last 5 years with very good sales adidas brand sports clothing, accessories and shoes . Can anyone tell me if has slow sales on ebay on this period? I has very slow sales in the last 3 months and i have double items than last year. Almost 38.9% down from last year and April is terrible. Can someone help me? Maybe i have some mistake on my ebay store?

Thank you

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Ebay sales slow April 2018

There always is a huge slow down in April - July.  That has been the norm. But looking at my last year # I am down 10% from this time last year and I have more items. 

So you definately have the normal warm weather/summer slump. But also there are 2 things I notice. 

1. If you read the Spring update you see ebay is headed for a MAJOR change. It has been rolling out this spring taking effect for many in May and thus one has to assume the site is somewhat in transition mode. Major changes to Stores and even more major changes to the way Listings will appear on the site. I realize it is only in some categories right now but it makes sense it would effect the whole. 

2. Promoted Listings - all of a sudden everyone and their mother is using promoted listings as that rolled out site wide and that has messed up search and now many items I had that were doing naturally very well in search have fallen off the map. 

I do use some promoted listings. To give you an example my bill used to be $150 a month or so for promoted listings that sold. Its like $35 bucks right now so even promoted listings have tanked. I think there are frankly too many. I mean not everyone can be at the top if a million people are using promoted listings. I never understood how that was sustainable. 

Also, I for one am having a glitch and my guaranteed delivery items are not filtering properly and when someone selects 3 day shipping my items are dissapearing. Even though I participate. 

Anyway, hope that helps. That is my two cents.  I did quite well rest of the year so I disagree ebay  is dying.  

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

No, actually they are very slownow but thanks a million for the history lesson!
Message 17 of 29
latest reply

It's not just the slow sales that are bothersome but also the lack of traffic. Probably a case of too many sellers these days but I wonder what else is going  on.

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

Whatever it is, it's affecting ebay stock sales as well...down 50% off daily average yesterday, and 40% today.
But, to your traffic observation...not surprisingly, they're running a limited invitation $20 promo to get ONE sale.
They may go door-to-door next.
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

My sales have been slow too. Hopefully, it is because they are rolling out something awesome with the site that will help us attain more sales. I have been continuing listing items everyday. Still my sales are going down instead of up. I have searched for other places to sell my vintage and designer resale. They all have their flaws.

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

Hi, this happened also to me since 1 May 2018. I'm trying all possible solutions, including refresh of descriptions and prices, but everything still the same: -70% since May 2018

I post every day about 6-7 random auctions

Impressions and visit -45%

All from the 1 May

Ebay annunced a big change start from 1 May

I don't think is related to summer slow sales period, becuase logically the sales should decrease costantly, and not like a black out

A disaster

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

My sales have been pretty much nonexistent for the last 3 months, something that has not happened in the five years I have been selling this item. My listings are set up as fixed price with a rollover every 30 days. I also noticed my listings are way down the page when the default 'best match' is used. Default used to be ending soonest.

I seldom post  a new a new listing  but a couple of days ago I did. I discovered that for new listings (sell one similar) before it goes live, eBay is giving you an option for 'special' promotion that, I think, puts your listing at the top of the listings for 'best match'. For this special promoting, eBay will charge you an extra 7.25% final valuation fee on top of your regular valuation when your item sells. For me, that would calculate to around 25% fees (eBay & paypal). I'm not sure what to do. I need the $ from sales to pay my bills, but don't like to give eBay 22%. I feel it's extortion.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Sorta like that come-on for the 5 day promotion to sell collectibles and if the collectible sells your FVF will be reduced 50% - except nothing sold in those 5 days........hmmmm, that was a good promo huh?

If it makes you feel uncomfortable - skip the choice - you have other days, weeks and months and you can get your price without having to pay a website 100% of it to get rid of it.  If you got the views - they would get the sales and no pushing it by telling you to give them a higher amount will magically sell it!

(But you might end up on other seller's stores search!)

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

I have been selling now for around 8 years, I have never seen it this slow ever. It seems like to me people all want something for nothing I do get offers but like I said they all want soething for nothing. Hope fully things pick up very soon as I am now starting to look into a Amazon store also.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

YES, EBAY IS SLOWING DONE DUE FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS POOR POLICIES,  EXTREMELY POOR MANAGEMENT, POOR SUPPORT, MISLEADING AND HIGH CORRUPTION POLICIES TO TRY TO CATCH UP WITH AMAZON. I AM VERY DISSAPOINED BY EBAY MANAGEMENT, COMLETELY OUT OF SENSES, MORE WORRY ABOUT CHANGING ALL THE TIMES THEIR POLICIES AND MAKING MONEY AND COMPLETELY IGNORING "SELLERS" I HAVE THE PAST 2 YEARS MORE PROBLEMS WITH EBAY AND TO BE HONEST 0 PROBLEMS WITH AMAZON. YES EBAY AGAIN AND AGAIN MORE SLOW AND PROBABLY WIL BE MORE IN THE FUTURE, SO I ALL READY MOVE 50% OF MY ITEMS TO AMAZON (AND SELLING ALL READY MUCH BETTER) A SHAME BECAUSE I LIKE EBAY, UNFORTUNATELY, THEY ARE BECAME SO DE-HONESTE AND F=GREEDY, AT THE END R=THEY THE ONE THEY WILL LOST...

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

I'm a little late answering your post, but each of my ebay accounts have had the worst month ever (May 2018) and I've been selling for almost a decade.   Even views are way down.  Another month or two of this and I'll have to close shop.  

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Femmefan1946, nice to see you. How's the Canadian weather?

Every one of those posts were correct. Most corporations dont just keel over and die. Its a succession of bad decisions.

By the time they finally pulled the plug on Radio Shack, it was a walking empty shell of a vampire. At least a decade.
Message 27 of 29
latest reply

Read on line about what customers are saying about Ebay.....a LOT are **bleep** off.

I find, out of the country sellers are dishonest or will not answer questions we ask them,

they "beat" around the bush avoiding answering questions...Take Solar lights, when I ask

ANY seller if the batteries can be changed, me KNOWING they are glued or soldered into

the light, they will tell you..."The sun charges the batteries" "I don't know" or, "They come

with batteries"....the reason they will NOT answer, they know the batteries are glued or soldered

in, so when the sun can no longer charge them, the sucker that bought them not thinking to have

to ask if the batteries can be changed, ends up throwing the lights out....I post this on Face Book!!!

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Message 29 of 29
latest reply