cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sales slow April 2018

Hi to all ebay members! I sell on eBay in the last 5 years with very good sales adidas brand sports clothing, accessories and shoes . Can anyone tell me if has slow sales on ebay on this period? I has very slow sales in the last 3 months and i have double items than last year. Almost 38.9% down from last year and April is terrible. Can someone help me? Maybe i have some mistake on my ebay store?

Thank you

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Yes, april very slow.:(

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

This is the April 2018 posting of 'Slow Sales- eBay is Dying".

It follows in the footsteps  of the

March 2018posting of 'Slow Sales- eBay is Dying".

February 2018 posting of 'Slow Sales- eBay is Dying".

January 2018posting of 'Slow Sales- eBay is Dying".

December 2017 posting of 'Slow Sales- eBay is Dying".

November 2017posting of 'Slow Sales- eBay is Dying".

January 2005 posting of 'Slow Sales- eBay is Dying".

March 2004 posting of 'Slow Sales- eBay is Dying".

June 2002 posting of 'Slow Sales- eBay is Dying".

November 1998posting of 'Slow Sales- eBay is Dying".

A fine tradition and one that will make a new iteration in May 2018.

Watch this space.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Yes it has slowed considerably. Which is pretty standard for me during the last 20 years selling online. I used to always close my Amazon listings and go on vacation in April. I have a store on Ebay, and this is my first year full time here, but sales patterns are pretty consistent online. Think Taxes and Spring Fever...

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

oh yea It so hard to get sell and bids I'm still trying to get people to bid on my shoes.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

I would suggest that your feedback rating and that you are located in Cyprus would have a negative effect on any sales in the US.

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

My sales hit rock bottom in the past week.  Wait, could it be because I did not post anything for sale in the past 10 days?  Nah, probably just a coincidence.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Yes, my store is considerabally slow... painful...I'm hoping May brings people back...

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

The trick to making lots of sales is to #1 have a LOT of items in your store, like 1,000+

And then, you must keep listing. Every day. Even if it's just 10 random items, list 10 random items a day.

I notice that if I stop listing, even though I have 1,000 items in my store, sales stop and completely dry up.

When I keep listing 20+ items in one day, things sell. This includes my older inventory.

I recently sold an item that's been in my store for over a year after I had just listed a fresh batch of 20+ items. The items were completely unrelated to each other and from different categories. I wonder if how much effort you put into your store affects visibility? No concrete proof of it, but, there's no doubt that if I start listing new stuff - no matter what it is - things start selling, including stuff that hasn't been selling for months.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

My sales just fell of the edge of a cliff. I'm down over 51% on last month (and rising) and 43% on last April. I keep listing. Have reduced items. Have put items on promotions.

Difficult to list many items as I sell mainly vintage designer items which are usually unique items and higher priced. To list more I need to buy more, to buy more I need more sales and time! Yet I am doing my best to list as many as possible, I listed around 15 items today.

Not seen sales this bad in well over a year and at that time it was because I had low stock.

I have many items with 10-20 watchers, and good feedback. I can only think it's something to do with not appearing high on the search results and people in tight spots.?

I did pretty well in March, so maybe it's just the luck fo the draw. Who knows May could be super sales month!

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Yes, I know what you mean ... up until March, my sales were wonderful.  Now April comes and BOOM, it is like eBay killed me ... now I cannot sell a single pair of ski or snow pants, ski goggles, snow gloves, boots, or base layers.

I don't know what eBay is doing to me.  This is terrible.  eBay is the worst.  I've been calling eBay customer service, but they are no help.  They tell me that everything is fine with the site, but maybe my products don't sell in April.  What?  They were selling great December through March!!!!

🙂

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Not only are my sales down 50% since April 19, but all of my listings are now wayyyyy down in search results! They used to be one of the first few in every category!! Help!!

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

I also sell in two brick & mortar stores in two different cities and it is very slow too.
One store is going to close, and the other will stay open with slow sales. Taxes, food costs soaring and gas at 3.85 for regular in Ca is a factor. I sell on ebay expensive clothing when my client cleans out her closet and I just picked up a lot and will list next week. We will see what happens as her clothing sells fast. We will survive!
Message 13 of 29
latest reply

I was listing for me many items, not much was selling.  Have been selling since 1999, and I am in the United States.  Since I guess December it gets slower and slower, eBay says just keep lowering the price and relist it.  Gonna get below my actual cost if I keep lowering my prices, then it may not sell then.  Something's up, was doing pretty well before the time frame indicated above.  

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Some sellers are probably doing just fine but most I suspect aren't. Problem is far too many sellers, not enough buyers, way more competition and as an ad venue Ebay simply isn't built to compete. Ebay's policies, beyond those targeting the Chinese and big box retailers, are geared to attract sellers who are apt to be running a business and not mom and pop's looking to clear some house/garage items. Ebay's marketing is generally poor and quite infrequent.  They've driven many great sellers off their platform via constant policy changes and that certainly has an impact on buyers, not to mention that sellers are buyers to.

Inspite of their stated intentions Ebay simply became just another site on the internet, nothing special, and there isn't a whole lot listed anymore that I can't find locally. I went from buying around 200 items a year from great sellers for many years to just 4 since May of last year and I can honestly say that I will probably stop buying here altogether before years end. The search engine stinks, the CS is horrid, they have way too many glitches so why bother. 

Message 15 of 29
latest reply