cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is persistant and driving me away as a buyer

I have forever quit selling on eBay months ago and yet I keep getting continual solicitations and selling offers... I will never comply with the eBay requirements to provide foreign processors personal information.  I have continued to buy from numerous eBay sellers who serve me well, but if eBay does not stop the continual harassment I am going to quit buying here as well.  I have asked repeatedly to remove me as a selling member.... I enjoyed selling here, but it is a family decision to not supply information and I expect eBay to either cease and desist with the daily emails or I'm going to leave the buying side as well.  There are as we all know other alternatives to acquire the same goods and services.  I know that eBay reads more of these than they admit, so this is kind of my last comment on the matter.  It needs to stop.... and those that might suggest I make some other effort, forget it.  I am the customer and I'm not jumping through any eBay hoops.  They simply need to Quit harassing me.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Ebay is persistant and driving me away as a buyer

My AMX never had the doors fall off......

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

Look out, then - if the doors don't fall off your card they will be stuck forever shut.  One or the other.  Then you'll have to crawl through the windows to get inside and use it.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 17 of 32
latest reply

I use my 1925 Ford Model T or 1948 F2 Ford pickup! Right now that is the truth, they are the only cars in my name, after my Nissan got stolen and stripped. 😞

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@donsdetour wrote:

Look out, then - if the doors don't fall off your card they will be stuck forever shut.  One or the other.  Then you'll have to crawl through the windows to get inside and use it.

I thought that way the way you always got into your car,, LOL.

Have had more trouble with Chevy doors and the hinge pins than the amc.....

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

"And they REFUSE to cover AMC products - what's up with that?  Just because the doors fall off?"

Well, you just have to Pace-er yourself to keep an AMC rolling.

Message 20 of 32
latest reply

I would much rather have the T or the F2 than I would any Nissan. They will probably both still be running long after the NIssan would have died, had it not been stolen. 

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

It's amazing what the old AMC classics are worth these days. 

Gremlin.jpgJavelin.jpg

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@donsdetour wrote:

I thought that way the way you always got into your car,, LOL.

Have had more trouble with Chevy doors and the hinge pins than the amc.....

When I was a kid, we had to crawl through the window in our Rambler stationwagon after one side got smashed up sliding on ice - we roped the doors together and drove it around that way.  But it had a push-button transmission, so that absolved everything (mostly).

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 23 of 32
latest reply

@jayjaspersgarage wrote:

"And they REFUSE to cover AMC products - what's up with that?  Just because the doors fall off?"

Well, you just have to Pace-er yourself to keep an AMC rolling.

Yeah, but the motor was full of gremlins. 

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 24 of 32
latest reply

Set your Ebay email to spam and you will never have to come here complaining about it again. I have not received an Ebay email in over 10 years.

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

eBay is looking pretty desperate, kinda like a girlfriend you break up with and she keeps calling you begging to take her back.  I'm getting a pop-up message EVERY time I come on the site essentially begging me to sign up for MP so I can keep selling.  It's gotten so annoying I've had to block the code in my browser.  That's on top of multiple notifications a week on the app telling me "buyers are waiting for me to come back".  

Guess that "very small %" of sellers that the Kool-aid drinkers here say left wasn't so small after all.  eBay wouldn't be going to these lengths if the drop off was minor. 

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

You're right I will spend my money elsewhere.  Not a lot but about $10 grand over the years... others want it without all the **bleep**.

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

Exactly. Life's too short to stay here if it makes you unhappy.  

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

@theanswerreturns wrote:

eBay is looking pretty desperate, kinda like a girlfriend you break up with and she keeps calling you begging to take her back.  I'm getting a pop-up message EVERY time I come on the site essentially begging me to sign up for MP so I can keep selling.  It's gotten so annoying I've had to block the code in my browser.  That's on top of multiple notifications a week on the app telling me "buyers are waiting for me to come back".  

Guess that "very small %" of sellers that the Kool-aid drinkers here say left wasn't so small after all.  eBay wouldn't be going to these lengths if the drop off was minor. 

eBay has to get the last 25% or so of sellers onboard, so they will pester you.  They'll use some marketgabble saying 'buyers are waiting' but in reality, they don't care if you stay or go (or any of us stays or goes) - they just need to onboard everyone and you'll get the auto-reminders the roll-out is complete.  If they didn't pester, we'd have people coming here saying "Nobody told me anything!" (actually, there have).  They don't really care.  They have an over-abundance of sellers - what they need are buyers.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 29 of 32
latest reply

That would be me... I am a buyer... or was until this little foray into the world of comments.  So I quit buying too I guess.. have a nice day.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply