cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay changing the store - again

I was on my store this morning to find ebay is adding regular search options to store navigation... don't see why it's needed, isn't this why we make store categories? 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

How long ago did they do away with the store search box and transferred store search to the top box.....we SCREAMED like stuck chickens (rightly so)..........this is one new thing I'm VERY glad to see.

as to why......some have 100-1000 of items in a category........a search box is needed......

Thanks for posting.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

difference to a "search box" and an entire search navigation, could have made it a bit nicer, maybe dropdown for some options, like item location and show only parts... what would be more useful is allowing store owners to make their own links for things like sales, sale events for category etc... having the price and condition options I like though as they are useful. 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Well, if they are working on stores again........after all these years..........they should reinstate a "Sale" notification.......where people could click on it and find the items on sale/or special promotions.......  We use to have that.......before some blockhead removed it. 

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Ah, you can use a left side "sale" filter..........but how many buyers know that?

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Well, if they are working on stores again........after all these years..........they should reinstate a "Sale" notification.......where people could click on it and find the items on sale/or special promotions.......  We use to have that.......before some blockhead removed it. 

yeah, forgot about that, what I was meaning was the option to make a category and manually move listings of choice to it, for sales or special events... were limited to make categories per category (store or ebay). I guess (never tried it) using the listing second store category option they allow make a new category on the store for "Sale" for instance then use that second option on the listing for that so store shows listings in a navigation category as "Sale"... seems like a lot of work though. 

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

How long ago did they do away with the store search box and transferred store search to the top box.....we SCREAMED like stuck chickens (rightly so)

Looks like they reverted that. Store search is now directly above listings while the top of the page is back to main site search. That's a nice change.

I think it's good they added the left column filters. Our store categories are there but now buyers can further filter by things like color, size, new/used, price and much more. I have a lot of listings so I appreciate that this will help buyers find what they're looking for.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

I like the changes 😊  Good job eBay!

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

I love it!  Having the search at the top of the page was confusing and irritating.  

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

it is useful, just think they could have made it "better" in some ways. 

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

I don't like this change at all; first of all, having two search boxes pushes my listing way down the page and it looks awful; very disjointed now and less amenable to browsing and catching buyers eyes. Not friendly for browsing my store at all.

PLUS, I pay quite a bit for my store monthly; if someone is searching I don't want them to search off my store and be taken away from the store; why can't we chose what we want; I want ONE search box that searches the items in my store and NOT the search all eBay box. 

And, as a buyer, I don't like the look either and when I go to a specific seller's store, I'm usually there to search THEIR stuff alone and also to browse their particular listings; don't like this change as a buyer OR seller.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@denisevanpattendolls wrote:

I don't like this change at all; first of all, having two search boxes pushes my listing way down the page and it looks awful; very disjointed now and less amenable to browsing and catching buyers eyes. Not friendly for browsing my store at all.

PLUS, I pay quite a bit for my store monthly; if someone is searching I don't want them to search off my store and be taken away from the store; why can't we chose what we want; I want ONE search box that searches the items in my store and NOT the search all eBay box. 

And, as a buyer, I don't like the look either and when I go to a specific seller's store, I'm usually there to search THEIR stuff alone and also to browse their particular listings; don't like this change as a buyer OR seller.

The same points was what I didn't like. I am kinda glad to see they did something, but between the look and the fact it goes out of your store isn't exactly helping sellers. I would as said rather see them give us option to customize it ourselves but knowing ebay, that will likely never happen. 

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

I can't see any difference ..... or it could just be that i am retarded?  

Harden My Heart - Quarterflash
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Two things that I notice are new  is the option to search within the store and filters on the left under the store categories.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

IMG_0266.jpg

Message 15 of 25
latest reply