cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay bring back Paypal! My sales on Ebay are gone!

Since Ebay removed Paypal, I have made no sales for a whole month! It is as if buyers have left Ebay because they do not want to wait 4 days just for the money that they pay for an item to be received by a seller before the seller ships their item. I am sure that buyers also feel repelled by Ebay because they suspect that Ebay is flipping the money its sellers make by holding on to the money that its sellers make for four days. Personally, if I was a buyer on Ebay, I would not want to wait 4 days just for the money that I pay for an item on Ebay to be received by a seller and I would shop on another site that does not do so. I also have read reports that say that Ebay sellers have to pay out of their bank account funds to ship the items they sell while waiting for 4 days to get paid the money they make for selling such items on Ebay, which I am not doing! I am supposed to be paid instantly for sales that I make on Ebay. I have been an Ebay seller since 2006, and I have always paid my Ebay seller fees right after my items sell, I know many other sellers did too, and this is the thanks we get? Ebay removing Paypal is not right, it is ridiculous and uncalled for, and unnecessary! I want my money! Give us our businesses back Ebay! Bring back Paypal, for making Ebay sellers use their bank account as a way to receive payments for their sales is not working, and quit making corrupt changes! 

Message 1 of 248
latest reply
247 REPLIES 247

Re: Ebay bring back Paypal! My sales on Ebay are gone!

This is an auction. You pay the seller before leaving the auction. I am not consigning anything to WOKEbay to sell for me, they only provide the platform, paid for in fees. Since MP has come on line, sales and looks have fallen off a cliff for most sellers, including me. I DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ON MY END, but WOKEbay sure has, comrade.

Message 121 of 248
latest reply

@steelernation2007 wrote:

That's a lot of doublespeak. If the funds were available in Paypal immediately, (which they were for me) then that's the reality! In other news, is the sky really blue?

Pay Pal didn't wait for the payment to process like Ebay, they knew the payment was good and they would receive the funds in a few days, that's why they gave you instant access to the funds.

Have a great day.
Message 122 of 248
latest reply

@deadsenna69 wrote:

This is an auction. You pay the seller before leaving the auction. I am not consigning anything to WOKEbay to sell for me, they only provide the platform, paid for in fees. Since MP has come on line, sales and looks have fallen off a cliff for most sellers, including me. I DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ON MY END, but WOKEbay sure has, comrade.

With MP, the only thing that has changed on the buyers side is 2 more ways to pay.

Unless they also sell, most buyers don't know if your on MP or Pay Pal and they don't care because they can still pay using Pay Pal if they want.

Have a great day.
Message 123 of 248
latest reply

I am just done with ebay, they are a bunch of morons, I sold a new dvd set on friday may 21st and I am still waiting for my money for the sale, ebay says it was in my bank account on the 24th yesterday but now it's still not in my account, but I shipped item out now anyway and wait for my money, but after my sales and items bought I'm going to cancel ebay completely, ebay will be going out of business soon, because they are a bunch of **bleep**s, sellers and buyers are leaving in droves, so ebay if you want to save you pathetic business you better find an Online bank like PayPal if you want to survive because you are literally cutting your own throat with the move away from PayPal 

Message 124 of 248
latest reply

@hello-dolly39 wrote:

I am just done with ebay, they are a bunch of morons, I sold a new dvd set on friday may 21st and I am still waiting for my money for the sale, ebay says it was in my bank account on the 24th yesterday but now it's still not in my account, but I shipped item out now anyway and wait for my money, but after my sales and items bought I'm going to cancel ebay completely, ebay will be going out of business soon, because they are a bunch of **bleep**s, sellers and buyers are leaving in droves, so ebay if you want to save you pathetic business you better find an Online bank like PayPal if you want to survive because you are literally cutting your own throat with the move away from PayPal 

When I was on "daily" payouts my Friday sale would "process" by Monday. "Payout" would be on Tuesday. In my checking account on Wednesday. I never saw a Friday payment in my checking account on Monday. Pretty much impossible for that to happen with MP.

Message 125 of 248
latest reply

no, you are dead wrong, buyers and sellers have to wait way too long to get paid or receive items, and that causes shipping items to take forever and ppl just don't want to wait, if I send my items I sell out right away instead of waiting to see the money in my bank account then the buyer could back out of sale, changing their mind and then ebay will refund them right away and the item I sent they will get including the money back. lots of ppl are leaving not just sellers buyers too, I like buying here but we all have to wait to see the money before shipping items, PayPal was instant payment, not waiting a week to see the money

Message 126 of 248
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

That's a lot of doublespeak. If the funds were available in Paypal immediately, (which they were for me) then that's the reality! In other news, is the sky really blue?

Pay Pal didn't wait for the payment to process like Ebay, they knew the payment was good and they would receive the funds in a few days, that's why they gave you instant access to the funds.

And even then, sometimes PayPal would hold on to the money for weeks. Not days. Weeks. A guy I work with, for whatever reason. Most things he sold, PayPal would hold the money for at least a week or two. Not sure if it was something with his account or what he was selling. Or perhaps it was the buyers. But constant calls with PayPal asking them why do they keep holding on to his money.

Whereas, with me. First sale or two, I think they held on to the money for a few days. And then finally all was good.

Message 127 of 248
latest reply

"ebay will be going out of business soon, because they are a bunch of **bleep**s,"

The sky is falling again folks.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 128 of 248
latest reply

@hello-dolly39 wrote:

lots of ppl are leaving not just sellers buyers too, I like buying here but we all have to wait to see the money before shipping items

No, "we" don't. I ship as soon as eBay tells me I can ship. After five months I have yet to have the money from a sale NOT process and end up in my bank account.

Message 129 of 248
latest reply

@wahlstreetmkt wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

And even then, sometimes PayPal would hold on to the money for weeks. Not days. Weeks. A guy I work with, for whatever reason. Most things he sold, PayPal would hold the money for at least a week or two. Not sure if it was something with his account or what he was selling. Or perhaps it was the buyers. But constant calls with PayPal asking them why do they keep holding on to his money.

Whereas, with me. First sale or two, I think they held on to the money for a few days. And then finally all was good.

Some sellers, if they don't sell constantly, they could hold the funds until after tracking shows the item was delivered, same as they did with Pay Pal.

It also depends on the type of item and price, if they decide to hold the funds.

Have a great day.
Message 130 of 248
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

"ebay will be going out of business soon, because they are a bunch of **bleep**s,"

The sky is falling again folks.

Ya, I think I heard that when they switched to Pay Pal and again with the GTC, and many other changes they made over the years.

Have a great day.
Message 131 of 248
latest reply

The seller interface is too idiotic now to try and navigate to even make new items to sell. I have a ROOMFUL of things to put up on eBay, but not until we see an interface like we've had 2 years ago.
THEN this new payment thing happened. Haven't had a sale since. EBay might be around forever, just not with me any longer. I'm done with this site making it hard for sellers to sell.

Message 132 of 248
latest reply

@deadsenna69 wrote:

Yet another seller, selling garage sale stuff at Rodeo Drive prices and blaming eBay for it not selling

Message 133 of 248
latest reply

Sounds like Good idea, I'm for it !  I 'Think' though PPal probably don't need to deal with eBay.  I read years ago, when PPal split with eBay (Although they stayed for X-amount of time) that this was to give eBay time to get a Viable Replacement.   There was even mentioned certain Other Companies to look into.   So---I guess eBay Sit on their hands, instead of insuring it's Buyers & Sellers, that there was a Good Replacement.

I don't blame PPal, they are moving on & have their own plans, etc.   If I remember right, PPal is/was looking at getting into Banking, & PPal card, like a type of Credit card, etc....    * I have a Feeling~~As many Buyers & Sellers look at other Selling sites & Venues, that "IF" successful, they may Not return to eBay (?) .

I've been Selling on eBay 11 years, but  not many Sales.   But Lately , it has really Plummeted !    I am also turned off on their New Format, on Selling.  They now Catagorize my items, & Push "ME To Send Offers To Buyers",  And that I NEED to send more Details , & Has Crazy (Their) other things.  "If I wanted to Make a 'Buyer' an Offer, I know How to do that on my Own...etc...etc...   Good Luck Guys !!     I think the Party may getting closer, to being Over  ?! ?!       ((((((  SAD.....  Take a Good Sellin Machine, that makes eBay, PPal, & all tha 'Peons' $Money~~~  Then throw a large Handful Of Wrenches in the Mechanism !

Message 134 of 248
latest reply

"so ebay if you want to save you pathetic business you better find an Online bank like PayPal if you want to survive"

Paypal is not a bank..so much misinformation, so little time.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 135 of 248
latest reply