cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designer bag reported as counterfeit - listing removed

I've sold several of my own purses on ebay over the years, but this situation is new.  I sold a Marc Jacobs bag, tag/receipt were in the listing and this is a bag I personally bought.  After 2 listings with non-paying bidders, the third listing sold and the buyer paid.  Before ebay sent me the funds but AFTER I shipped the bag, I was notified that the bag was reported as fake, and the listing was removed.  

My guess is that I will never see the money nor the bag again, as I feel like the buyer is the one who reported it as a fake to avoid payment.  Is this eBay policy to not give a seller a chance to provide proof of authenticity?  I've contacted them via their Twitter service account...but wanted to see if this happened to anyone else as well.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

For $15 you can go to the USPS and intercept the package, have it returned to you.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Take this to the Fashion board, maybe they can help you.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If the buyer paid and you shipped, you should still get your money, unless the buyer opens a dispute for an Item Not as Described.  In that case, make sure you approve the return.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I have received funds from a sale after that the listing was removed by Ebay after the sale occurred.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

that gives me hope...

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@lagremm 

https://facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Reach out to e-Bay CS on social media to inquire.  Send them a private message - include the transaction number, your selling ID and a brief synopsis of your situation.

Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

For $15 you can go to the USPS and intercept the package, have it returned to you.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply