cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Wants me to refund Third more than I was paid

I have really big issue. I was selling and item. Buyer irresponsibly bought it without even reading the full name of it which is beyond ridicolous. So I told Ill make cancellation. Ebay wants to take 30 dollars from me from the cancellation yet They only gave me 20 dollars for the item they bought. This makes me lose 10 dollars without do a single thing wrong and They preety much just steal 10 dollars from me and I can only sit back and watch. This is beyond ridicolous because when They want me to refund something you want entire balance yet when they are supposed to pay me something they take Like half the money for yourself. I refuse  to send the buyer 30 dollars and they give me 20 dollars because I did not do one thing wrong yet Im the one literally losing money by selling on Ebay

What am I supposed to do

I am shocked that I am in danger of losing money on this site even as a seller

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay Wants me to refund Third more than I was paid

@mmiroslav-1 

Was your buyer in the same country as you?  If not, were you charged currency conversion fees for the refund?  

What was the total amount the buyer paid (item plus shipping)?  (NOT what eBay gave you after they took their fees?) 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Something is not right here.  Maximum refund is only the total buyer paid to you, which doesn't include sales tax.  Need more details to comment further.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You are not telling the whole story.

Post some details.

Posting ID
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Ebay refunds the fee portion and tax paid by the buyer automatically when you cancel.

(except the 30 cent transaction fee which is usually not refunded unless buyer requests cancel in 1st hour after purchase.)

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@mmiroslav-1 wrote:

I have really big issue. I was selling and item. Buyer irresponsibly bought it without even reading the full name of it which is beyond ridicolous. So I told Ill make cancellation. Ebay wants to take 30 dollars from me from the cancellation yet They only gave me 20 dollars for the item they bought. This makes me lose 10 dollars without do a single thing wrong and They preety much just steal 10 dollars from me and I can only sit back and watch. This is beyond ridicolous because when They want me to refund something you want entire balance yet when they are supposed to pay me something they take Like half the money for yourself. I refuse  to send the buyer 30 dollars and they give me 20 dollars because I did not do one thing wrong yet Im the one literally losing money by selling on Ebay

What am I supposed to do

I am shocked that I am in danger of losing money on this site even as a seller

If the buyer paid a total of $30 for the item and shipping, that's how much needs to be refunded. Your proceeds--perhaps the $20 you've referenced--is what you received after the shipping and eBay fees have been subtracted. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

To avoid confusion in the future you should make sure item specifics are accurate especially UPC code. Some buyers search by UPC. Make sure to read the digitally delivered goods policy too.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

unrelated to your question, but why do your listings seem to come from so many different locations?  Some are overseas, some are APO, some are US....someone thinks this is very suspiciousl

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@mmiroslav-1 

Was your buyer in the same country as you?  If not, were you charged currency conversion fees for the refund?  

What was the total amount the buyer paid (item plus shipping)?  (NOT what eBay gave you after they took their fees?) 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply