cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Store Search ISSUES

I am frustrated with the new ebay store.   When I do a search in my own store it does not bring up all available items for that search.  I have had this happen a couple times.  I search for an item, it doesnt show up.  I change my search, now it does.  Same item.  It should come up in both searches but, they wont.  It doesnt happen with all items.  It's random.  And Frustrating!!

Is this happening to anyone else?  

I tell a lot of my regular customers to check my store first before contacting me for my items.  Now I am worried they arent actually getting full search results.  If they can't get the full search in my own store, I may have to make my own off site, which is also frustrating!!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Ebay Store Search ISSUES

Search has been messed up for decades and seems to be getting even worse.  I collect needlepoint canvas (my newest passion) and I know I'm not getting all of them.  I know this because if I see one I like I search by the makers name and lo and behold there are a bunch that I have never seen.  It's almost funny now, but very frustrating too.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

"You have to include all relevant keywords. Of course no one will find a cruise servo if you do not include cruise servo in the title. You need to learn titles.  Ebay hides nothing and it up to you to make search work for you."

So cool...when I type in Vintage Needlepoint Canvas I should get all the listings?  Well, I don't and probably never have.  I only found that some are hidden by searching the makers names...Royal Paris, etc.  Why doesn't VINTAGE NEEDLEPOINT CANVAS give me all the listings?  And I do choose 'all listings' because they hide things that way too, and I choose 'new listings' too.  Do I get them all NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

EBay hides nothing....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahha.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

No matter how many times I refresh my own store, I can never get all my active listings to show.  Each time, it seems to load a different set.  I also have had multiple issues with not being able to find my listing in the category listings, even with very precise search terms.  Sometimes when I refresh, the listing shows... sometimes it still does not.  This seems like a very big issue... but I'm sure... its just our collective imaginations.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply