cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Lost a Global Shipping Order Made Me Refund and Gave Me Defect for Never Arrived

It's to bad Ebay can't be a little bit more like a team player for sellers.

I shipped a graphing calculator to Canada, printed the label and sent it off.

The addresss was for Ebay hub in Miami. That's new to me but maybe the location changed.

A few days later I got the message received. Didn't think any more of it. Few days later the buyer contacted me. He seen the dekivered tracking delivered to Miami. So I called ebay. Took them a while because they didnt know why it went to miami, back on hold, then they gave me a tracking number provided by the forwarding company, to the Canadian address. This has been a delay, but the seller was okay, so again, I'm out of it.

No. After a few days, I didn't see any movement from the new tracking number. I contacted Ebay, they told me contact the forwarding company. First of all, once it arrived at ebays hub, it is the responsibility for getting this to the Int;l buyer, it is THEY who needs to contact the forwarding company themselves and communicate with the buyer. I fealt like messenger relaying messages for ebay. So I tried to contact the company, big hassle. I called ebay back. They said it was out of their hands it is now up to the forwarder. Okay I said, please talk to my buyer and explain this situation. They said they would and deal with the forwarding issue.

Okay. Finally after a week and a half or so, it is out of my hands. The buyer is getting impatient now but still okay Five days later tracking showed still in Miami and the buyer requested a refund. I don't blame him, but I am not the one who owes them. I called Ebay they insisted they didn't owe the refund Even though it was their responsibility once it rached Miami.

So I sent the refund. The package never did arrive, so I am out the $50 calculator that ebay lost. And then to top that off I got a defect for a shipment never arriving.

I appealed this and they stood by their decision.

I have several late shipping defects because of postal delays (U.S), totally out of my control. Some cases where the USPS was a day or to before it even left the city. Other times you could see the tracking was not showing any updates and it would be stalled for a few days and move on. Because these didnt get to the buyer in Ebays promised timeline, I got defects for late shipping and late delivery. I appealed these defects to ebay, and they stood by their decision.

Now I am below standard in Ebay jail, struggling to make sales to bring the defect percentage down and move back , but ebay is continuing to punish me.

Sometimes Ebay doesnt understand that we are a team here And when they do us wrong like this it makes you wodnder why we do business with them at all.

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Ebay Lost a Global Shipping Order Made Me Refund and Gave Me Defect for Never Arrived

Did the buyer open an item not received case or just ask you for a refund?

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 2 of 40
latest reply

Re: Ebay Lost a Global Shipping Order Made Me Refund and Gave Me Defect for Never Arrived

The Global Shipping Program (GSP) was discontinued about 6 months ago @farnorthsid .

The replacement program, eBay International Shipping (eIS), does not have a hub in Miami (unless it just opened within the past few weeks? but I haven't heard anything about it).

eIS has hubs in Glendale Heights, IL (just outside of Chicago) and Commerce, CA (just outside of LA). If the package went to one of those hubs with eIS the label would say:

eIS C/O Buyer Name for IL or eISLA C/O Buyer Name for CA.

I don't see a graphing calculator sold on the account you're posting with in the last 90 days so I can't check the shipping set up on the listing unless you provide an item number that's still viewable on eBay.

With all that in mind, I believe you may have shipped using eBay International Standard Delivery (eISD) which is not the same thing and does not offer the same seller protections. With eISD the seller is responsible for refunding the buyer when a package doesn't arrive, however the service does come with up to $100 included insurance. Info about filing a claim here: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-standar...

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

I don't do eBay International or regular international shipping. I may entertain a freight forwarder based on buyer's profile. 

It looks like you're in Alaska and your buyer is in Canada, but eBay had you ship the item all the way to Miami to be processed and then shipped on to Canada which never happened per post. 

Just to confirm. You did use eBay's international guarantee shipping process? Seems like a mess if you did. 

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

That is the label that ebay gave me. I didnt make that address up. I had no reason to question a new,hub address I hadn't seen before.

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

Refunding when you are not responsible for refunding usually is a mistake, and is not usually remedied by Ebay. It is sometimes punished with an increased defect count.

EIS often has periods of delay between when a second tracking number is created and there is any activity on that number. Could be a week or two. EIS is not fast, but it is cheap enough that many of us no longer have to deal with sob stories from international buyers.

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

Item not received.

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

I don't think you're making anything up, just trying to figure out which shipping service you used.

To confirm @farnorthsid , the label was addressed to eIS C/O Buyer name?

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

Shipping to Miami is a Freight Forwarder, one of many in the US that International Customers use. 

It is NOT owned by Ebay. 

If package didn't make it to them, per tracking, you are are the hook- no different than you shipping anything to anywhere in the US and not getting there. 

As far as 'late shipping'; that is also on you. You have to be sure the package shows 'received' by the carrier within your handling time. 

Best to either walk them into the carrier and have items scanned in, getting a receipt (you can then check tracking next day on eBay and it will show 'in hands of carrier') and/or extend your 'handling' time to 5 days. 

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

With all that in mind, I believe you may have shipped using eBay International Standard Delivery (eISD) 

@wastingtime101 

I was under the impression that the EISD was discontinued as well, but I may be wrong.    

With the Miami address provided to the OP @farnorthsid  it sounds like it is perhaps a Freight Forwarder.   The OP has stated that there is recorded delivery to the address supplied by eBay.   So for EISD, would the buyer be responsible for an eBay claim for INR?  

Payment Dispute action perhaps? 

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

and they are charging you 22% to sell now. they got us the same exact way. we were stuck in the 22% selling fees for 1 year. they got an extra $119k out of us. we got out of it dec 20.   but they still charge us the 22% fee until Jan 1.   even got an email a few days ago saying all limitations have been lifted. complete **bleep** email

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

Can you provide the sold item Number?

I ask because some of your sold items indicated "Free International Shipping"

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

I think your correct!

I don't think (from what I have read) that the seller used eBay Global shipping program. Maybe they thought they did, but the buyer was just using a freight forwarder. 

Now I have to assume the buyer is playing the game to get a freebie! Item shows delivered, but only to the freight forwarder. After the F.F. processes, the seller will never see the new tracking# and delivery time. 

eBay customer / phone service is outsourced in another country. Last I heard was in South America. They have no clue.

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

I was under the impression that the EISD was discontinued as well, but I may be wrong.    

It was on the chopping block last summer @ittybitnot , but eBay pushed out the date again and again, and as of today it's still an option. Don't know if eBay plans to keep it in 2024, but as of now nothing has been announced about setting a new date to get rid of it.

@ittybitnot wrote:

With the Miami address provided to the OP @farnorthsid  it sounds like it is perhaps a Freight Forwarder.   The OP has stated that there is recorded delivery to the address supplied by eBay.   So for EISD, would the buyer be responsible for an eBay claim for INR?  

My initial thought was also Miami = FF, however the seller said they got the 2nd leg tracking number from an eBay CS rep which eBay would not have visibility to if this was a FF. So either the OP provided some inaccurate info, or this was more likely an EISD shipment and if it was EISD then yes, seller is responsible for end-to-end delivery. More info on that in my first post above.

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

t and if it was EISD then yes, seller is responsible for end-to-end delivery.

@wastingtime101 

Thanks for the info.   Never heard of any EISD portal  in Miami, but I am sure it is possible even though the buyer was reportedly in Canada. I thought they went through the old GSP portal in Erlanger?  I do know that the procedures/protections were often confused by users of the various programs as well. 

I don't see a "calculator" sale either for the OP, so no telling how old.   The OP refunded anyway, either voluntarily or because a case was filed. 

Message 15 of 40
latest reply