cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Just change catagories? what the heck?

Ebay just change catagories? Took most of sub catagories away.. I thought I was hallucinating when I tried to list.

How is this working out for everyone? I was shocked and have a feeling this isn't going to go well.🙄

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Ebay Just change catagories? what the heck?

Make a listing of at least one category for at least 3 months, which can make your business dependent,...

Have a nice day...

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

This reply makes absolutely no sense.  Please stop posting nonsense on these boards.  You are not being helpful. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I've been on here since 98.  Went thru the cassini.. now this. This is gonna take a lot of thought to get seen. I'd been gone for a few years, came back. And cant even figure out how to find things in the *new- my ebay look*. yikes. hang on folks.. this is gonna be a rough year.😊

Ai doesnt think right.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I make and sell jewelry.  The other day i listed a bracelet.  The specifics kept asking me about the cut, clarity, how many prongs, settings, how many diamonds (it's malachite) cut of the diamonds, pendants,...it's a bracelet and these specifics are absolutely ridiculous. It's going to confuse buyers and they will look elsewhere.  It was supposed to be rectified last month, however I see little change.  Just looked at ebay stock price today.  Not good.  I will hang in there...we have both been here for the same amount of time.  As a fellow seller, I wish you a properous holiday season.  Good luck. 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@smonline_store wrote:

Make a listing of at least one category for at least 3 months, which can make your business dependent,...

Have a nice day...

Do what?

Have a great day
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

We are slowly getting all dolls out of playsets/clothing and back to dolls.  So many items moved that never should be.

Finish the day it says 14 to go.  Wake up to 93 need revised?  We keep revising the same ones?!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

It appears that eBay automation is going to keep repopulating the item specifics based on what most people are putting in them... but I'm not sure they're repopulating the same items... which is just scary.... I think we've lost any control in the matter.  

--
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I predict it will go down as one of the Greatest Ebay Debacles of all time. It has driven both Buyers & Sellers away. I have spent countless hours revising my listings instead of focusing on getting things out for the now-dismal Holiday Season. Search is royally screwed up and Sales via Browsing are a thing of the past.

THANKS SO MUCH EBAY FOR TANKING OUR INCOME at The Most Profitable Time of the Year!!!

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I remember 2013.. We never did figure it out.. I agree.. we've lost control... but I didn't think things could get any worse... until today..  I really did feel like crying... and i'm not a baby..  just don't know how many times we can be knocked down? just saying.. hopeless.. It looks like I am a newbie... but I am not.. for gods sakes..   cant even find my way around feedbacks? I mean I can... but I wonder why no one leaves me feedbacks...?  cant find it!!!  in the olden days - had thousands?

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Also about feedback. I noticed on my Sold page that it no longer shows whether the customer has left feedback or not though it still tells me I need to leave it for the customer.

It still has the list of icons on my Purchases page of feedback left and feedback received.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@dollocity wrote:

I've been on here since 98.  Went thru the cassini.. now this. This is gonna take a lot of thought to get seen. I'd been gone for a few years, came back. And cant even figure out how to find things in the *new- my ebay look*. yikes. hang on folks.. this is gonna be a rough year.😊

Ai doesnt think right.

Despite Cassini's problems, it was basic to understand. The majority of ranking was based on your items sales history. This didn't do too well for used items, but it made sense if the focus was on sellers of new items. As basically, you could focus on your customers, and if your customers left happy/became repeat customers, you would improve in ranking.

Since 2018 they've had AI backed search, and it's been a mess. It's stabilized over time and wasn't bad for about a year and a half. But the last 6 months, they've decided to focus on more ads and IS/categories, and once again it's a mess. They didn't learn the last time they messed with ads/IS and it failed...

Constant tweaks/glitches only make more problems. As over time, algorithms are supposed to become more stable. But since their category changes, things have been extremely volatile. This isn't how algorithms are designed, and suggests a problem in their system, as volatility is being achieved rather than balance. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

LOL I sell plants. Most of those ridiculous specifics are not even remotely relevant 

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

AI is only as good as the person programming it.   To quote: "Aye, Now, there's the rub..." 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

" Sales via Browsing are a thing of the past."

It's like sitting down for a meal  at your favorite restaurant only to discover they no longer use menus.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply