cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay representatives will not keep nor follow up on promises they make

I've never posted here before but I am so frustrated with EBay's broken promises that I have to vent somewhere.  I always tell each new representative that I am not venting at them but at the broken promises made by the resolution center representatives.

I won't bore you with the details but I have been trying to get some strikes on my  performance stardards removed.  I have called about three items that are showing late shipping...two of which occured on Thanksgiving Day while my store was closed for the week-end and one where the guy gave me the wrong ship to.  I have provided the requested information, been promised that, since I was correct, those items would be removed.  They have not.  That are three different resolution center representatives whom have promised me they would remove the item.  They have not.

I just got off the phone with yet another resolution center representation.  All she did was say I'm sorry".

I don't need meaningless apologies...I need the stikes removed.

Soo...now 'Im dealing with three strikes...none of which were my fault..my top rated seller status is being help hostage for a month out of the kindness of their hearts by EBay so I can take steps to correct "My errors" and hopefully be return to the good graces of EBay.

I was told by one of the resprestative that EBay is working on a fix to insure that when you mark you store as "On Vacation" you will not be penalitized for late shipments.  The young lady I spoke with today said she had never heard of that...surprise surprise. Don't hold your breath.

Gosh...I feel better.  

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: EBay representatives will not keep nor follow up on promises they make

I sold a jacket last fall and the buyer wanted local delivery to save shipping after he made the purchase (jacket was very heavy).  I obliged the buyer because it was convenient for both of us but it made it look like I did not ship the item.  eBay dinged my performance score due to this even though I had emails showing what transpired between the buyer and I.  I called eBay to have them remove the negative score and the customer service rep promised they would.  After a couple of weeks, eBay had NOT removed it so I called them again and another eBay rep promised the same thing (to have the negative score removed).  Again, they did NOT remove it so I just gave up and did not bother with them any longer.  It did not affect my sales but the point is that they lied to me like they do to others.  Right now my metrics are showing that I was late in shipping an item that I sold on Dec 4 and shipped on Dec 5.  It would probably be a waste of time to call them.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

I feel your pain. I have an item that I procured legally, in a lien sale. Sold it as untested, with the notion that a gold recovery enthusiast would likely purchase it. Item was listed as untested, purchased on a low ball offer and shipped immediately.

Individual contacts me the day it arrives to tell me that I didnt have the legal right to sell the item, that the item is not available for public purchase (which is a lie) and initiates a return as I am trying to speak with him to resolve the issue. Guy claims he has to send it back to the manufacturer because the serial number is now notated on his account. I call ebay. Ebay says my only option is to accept the return but that he must actually return the item to me, also says I wont have to refund the shipping that I paid to send the item to the customer.

So I so I accept the return and opt to send him the ebay label. if the sub total of the refund is to be believed then he will get the shipping expenses back and I will be out roughly $30 of my own money plus the sale and time. Ebay reps are not there to protect you, they are there to protect Ebay.
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Please understand that the following is ebay's opinion of you and all sellers.  It is not my opinion of you or any seller on ebay.
You are wrong. You are a seller, you have no rights, or appeals process on ebay. ebay does not care who you are, or what you have done, or how you can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. The buyer is the jury and ebay is the executioner. If the curator of the Smithsonian says something is real and the buyer says it is not, ebay will listen the the buyer and charge the Smithsonian for original and return shipping and take another 4% of their gross sales in the future for being a bad seller compared to their peers. You are wrong and always will be.
You are a seller-you are wrong.
You are a seller- you don't know anything.
You are a seller-ebay does not care about you.
You are a seller-you don't know how to manage your business.
You are a seller-you don't know how to list items properly.
You are a seller-you don't know how to price anything right.
You are a seller-you don't know anything about customer service.

AND ebay is not responsible for what any of their employees ever say to you. 
You are a seller-you are trying to steal from every buyer on ebay.
You are a seller-it is your fault when the USPS does not deliver on time.
You are a seller-it is your fault if someone steals a package from a buyer that shows delivered.
You are a seller-YOU ARE WRONG EVERY TIME NO MATTER WHAT!
You are not a customer of ebay you are a seller and you are WRONG!

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Yup that pretty much sums it up. All I know is that if something better than Amazon and Ebay comes along and starts catching traction I will put them in my rear view mirror and laugh while they burn.
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Same thing has happend to our gallery!

-jen

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

In the future, do this when you have a local pick up.  Revise your listing's shipping policy to be local pick up prior to the purchase.  You can set up a policy for local pickup.   Once the pickup is made, just like entering tracking number, you can go and update item as 'picked up'  Then you are good to go for your shipping requirements for e-bay.  

That is what I did when a buyer wanted local pickup and that transaction never got picked up by e-bay as not shipped, etc.  Good luck.   Cheers.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@schumakerl wrote:

I was told by one of the resprestative that EBay is working on a fix to insure that when you mark you store as "On Vacation" you will not be penalitized for late shipments.  The young lady I spoke with today said she had never heard of that...surprise surprise. Don't hold your breath.

Gosh...I feel better.  

Did you hide your listings to prevent them from being purchased or did you extend your handling time to reflect the fact that you were away?  Because otherwise, if you did not do those things, just putting your store on vacation does not change the timeframe in which you are expected to ship.  If you have a three-day handling time, you will still be expected to ship within three days regardless of whether you have put your store in vacation mode or not.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Sorry for your problem, but you know that the CS rep has only 2 jobs for Ebay. Side with the buyer everytime, and tell seller I'm sorry. 

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

The problem was/is..I closed my store on Thanksgiving day....which was a Thursday...and came back on Friday and shipped out on Saturday. EBay counted Thanksgiving as the date of sale and thus I should have shipped by Friday. These are the two items I was told by one rep that she would "personally" insure that the two items were removed...She did not/has not and now will not remove them. It is not the marks that bother me because I performance is above the required limit...but it is the fact that they won't do what they should do and imply that I don't meet their standards. I was told my problem was something that EBay was working to remedy...as lost as I close my store...no late shipments will be noted. Seem simple enough. However, the last rep I spoke with...Number 4 ..said she had not heard of anything like that. So...who do you believe and when do you believe them? I say just cover your *** and hope for the best.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@usmediamass wrote:

Please understand that the following is ebay's opinion of you and all sellers.  It is not my opinion of you or any seller on ebay.
You are wrong. You are a seller, you have no rights, or appeals process on ebay. ebay does not care who you are, or what you have done, or how you can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. The buyer is the jury and ebay is the executioner. If the curator of the Smithsonian says something is real and the buyer says it is not, ebay will listen the the buyer and charge the Smithsonian for original and return shipping and take another 4% of their gross sales in the future for being a bad seller compared to their peers. You are wrong and always will be.
You are a seller-you are wrong.
You are a seller- you don't know anything.
You are a seller-ebay does not care about you.
You are a seller-you don't know how to manage your business.
You are a seller-you don't know how to list items properly.
You are a seller-you don't know how to price anything right.
You are a seller-you don't know anything about customer service.

AND ebay is not responsible for what any of their employees ever say to you. 
You are a seller-you are trying to steal from every buyer on ebay.
You are a seller-it is your fault when the USPS does not deliver on time.
You are a seller-it is your fault if someone steals a package from a buyer that shows delivered.
You are a seller-YOU ARE WRONG EVERY TIME NO MATTER WHAT!
You are not a customer of ebay you are a seller and you are WRONG!

You are (almost completely) right but .... this is eBay and this is their playing field and if you (general you) don't want to follow eBay's policies (even IF their CSReps sometimes don't know what those policies are) ..... nobody is forcing you to play.  

Most CSReps I have spoken with have always been honest with me, except once when my mom had a problem and they kept saying they had no idea why she couldn't list for a whole week and I found out it was because she accidentally listed the same item twice.  

eBay does have an Appeal process although I have never had to use it.

I believe if you ship something to the address on PayPal and it shows delivered, you are covered (but I could be wrong).  

When  USPS does not deliver your items on time, even though eBay guaranteed your buyer they'd receive it by a certain *estimated date well ... that is something I have always had a problem with.  So what I did was ask my mailman to scan the packages the minute I handed them to him and then as soon as they showed up in the system I had USPS email me all tracking details.  Never had a problem since. 

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Fwiw, the issue probably is that even though your store was on vacation you didn't hide the listings which would prevent orders.  Without hiding the listings the vacation setting just puts a message on your listing and nothing else. So orders were placed and the system expected they'd be shipped per your handling time. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt the late shipping dings related the vacation setting will be removable.   

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Agree with others that the problem, I think, is that you did not understand that you must either hide the listings so no sales are made OR extend the handling time so that items purchased on that Thurs didn't have to be mailed until Monday.  Simply using the vacation setting that says you're away doesn't extend the time you have to ship.

Having said that, sellers have asked for years to have that explained on the vacation page.........still hasn't been done that I can see.....  frankly, I thought I had read the proper instructions on it at one time, but sure isn't there now.

https://mesg.ebay.com/mesgweb/ChangeSettings/Initial#strVacHdr

Certainly, CS should have explained more fully.........and NOT have promised to change the dings...

@Anonymous

Could we put in another request to get this explained properly on the vacation page and can you check to see if CS needs proper coaching? 

Thanks

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@piedmontvarietystore wrote:

I sold a jacket last fall and the buyer wanted local delivery to save shipping after he made the purchase (jacket was very heavy).  I obliged the buyer because it was convenient for both of us but it made it look like I did not ship the item.  eBay dinged my performance score due to this even though I had emails showing what transpired between the buyer and I.  I called eBay to have them remove the negative score and the customer service rep promised they would.  After a couple of weeks, eBay had NOT removed it so I called them again and another eBay rep promised the same thing (to have the negative score removed).  Again, they did NOT remove it so I just gave up and did not bother with them any longer.  It did not affect my sales but the point is that they lied to me like they do to others.  Right now my metrics are showing that I was late in shipping an item that I sold on Dec 4 and shipped on Dec 5.  It would probably be a waste of time to call them.

Without a tracking number that buyer could have opened an Item Not Received case and won.

There is always a reason why things are the way they are.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@schumakerl wrote:

I've never posted here before but I am so frustrated with EBay's broken promises that I have to vent somewhere.  I always tell each new representative that I am not venting at them but at the broken promises made by the resolution center representatives.

I won't bore you with the details but I have been trying to get some strikes on my  performance stardards removed.  I have called about three items that are showing late shipping...two of which occured on Thanksgiving Day while my store was closed for the week-end and one where the guy gave me the wrong ship to.  I have provided the requested information, been promised that, since I was correct, those items would be removed.  They have not.  That are three different resolution center representatives whom have promised me they would remove the item.  They have not.

I just got off the phone with yet another resolution center representation.  All she did was say I'm sorry".

I don't need meaningless apologies...I need the stikes removed.

Soo...now 'Im dealing with three strikes...none of which were my fault..my top rated seller status is being help hostage for a month out of the kindness of their hearts by EBay so I can take steps to correct "My errors" and hopefully be return to the good graces of EBay.

Gosh...I feel better.  

Hi @schumakerl, is this related to a different account of yours? I'm not seeing any issues on this account and you are currently Top Rated. I can email you for more details if you would like!

Message 15 of 21
latest reply