cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay is lowering my Status because I GOT SICK. A 100% rating, and Top Rated Status for 17 years.

I have been an eBay seller for 17 years, and have always been a Top Rated Seller. EBay has never had an issue with me, despite doing several millions of dollars over the years. Not one case against me. My current seller rating in 100%, and has been for over a decade.

Now, I find out that eBay has decided to lower my status from Top Seller to Above Average. Their reasoning is that I did only 95 sales this year, rather than the minimum of 100. I just found this out yesterday, and they refuse to make an exception as it is a "hard rule". My sales were over $50,000, and that minimum was a mere $1000.  The reason the number of my sales were low is that I did two sessions of extreme medical treatments that put me out for about 3 months at a time.  Thus, I was only selling when health allowed. If I knew in advance that I was losing my status for that reason, I would have corrected the issue. Unfortunately, eBay's system of rating sellers is not always clear.

I have been proud of my eBay status and have worked hard to maintain it. I pleaded with eBay, and explained my situation. I was promised a call from a manger which never happened. Losing this status means means fewer discounts from eBay, and a lower search status on your listings. 

I just had to get this off of my chest, thanks for reading.     

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: EBay is lowering my Status because I GOT SICK. A 100% rating, and Top Rated Status for 17 years

That was the rule that I was familiar with, and I had been offered grace periods in the past when on extended vacations. Now, I was told that there are no more exceptions. And, asking for a manager would be fruitless.  

Message 46 of 55
latest reply

Re: EBay is lowering my Status because I GOT SICK. A 100% rating, and Top Rated Status for 17 years

I did not receive a grace period, I was told they were no longer available.

Message 47 of 55
latest reply

You have over 600 listings. Real items too, not trading cards, stamps, postcards or similar. I doubt you listed all those in the last 2 days. How did getting sick even get in the way of those items selling? Did you shut the store down for months or something?

While the quality of what you have is incredible. Honestly, you literally have the best looking stuff of anyone I have ever seen come into this forum complaining about anything. My best items are pop culture trash, your worst items are better than my best ones. 

However if you didn't get 100 sales off those listings in the last year then your prices are simply too high. 96 sales off 600 items in a year is over a 6 year sell through rate. Do you want to sell those artifacts or pass them on to your heirs?

Message 48 of 55
latest reply

By the way, you have the wrong title on item #392181119624. Looks like you used “Sell Similar” to the matching bracelets, but forgot to change the title.

Very nice pieces. 

Message 49 of 55
latest reply

Do you want to sell those artifacts or pass them on to your heirs?

Haha, had the same thought about the thousands of yet-to-be-listed items I have trouble letting go….

Message 50 of 55
latest reply

@thesapphiregallery wrote:

Thanks for the plan, I tried something similar. I should have enough sales, but there is no way to really know as eBay does not provide you with an actual count.

They most certainly do!

Seller Dashboard scroll down to Transactions and Sales, the number is right there, click on See Monthly Breakdown to see how many sales will fall off the back end each month.

Message 51 of 55
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

The phone reps do not work for eBay so don't bother with them. They work for a subcontractor out of Utah.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

However, even the Chat reps aren't able to confirm why you were not selling.  So you may get sympathy, but not much else.

I hope your health continues to improve.

@femmefan1946 

The customer support agents in our Salt Lake and Austin centers are full-time employees. I'm unsure where you received the information that they work for a subcontractor, but it's inaccurate. 

And the same agents, whether subcontractor (we have some outside of the US) or employees answer both the social and regular help calls. Pointing someone to eBay for Business FB doesn't change the agent pool that will answer their questions.

Thanks

Brian

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 52 of 55
latest reply

The OP was promised a call back from a manager  and that never happened.

Can you help the OP get the call back ebay customer service promised?

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 53 of 55
latest reply

I don't see you post here often.  Interesting contribution.

Message 54 of 55
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@thesapphiregallery 

Get some nice new $2 bills.

Sell them for $1 with free shipping.

List them one at a time.

You will get the 5 sales needed in a short time.

Save some to list later on in case you get close to going under the 100 again.

Remember that every for day it takes to get those 5 sales, a day of sales falls off the back end.

And until the next evaluation, more sales will fall off the back end.

So it may take more than 5 sales because they also need to replace the ones that age out. 

Message 55 of 55
latest reply