cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY ON DOWNWARD SPIRAL-NOBODYS FAULT BUT THEIR OWN

Right now they are so inundated with dissatisfied sellers I have a feeling they do NOT know which way is up.  Its completely gone downhill and many have found that its no longer a decent platform to sell their wares.  Just recently with the bonehead moves with the markdown manager and changes with the seller discount program.  People are walking.  We are all in this together.  Demand compensation for lost sales that is abounding the ebay community and entire web.  Rightfully so!.. What you sew you reap and as they say "Karmas a **bleep**" and every one needs to show their discontent.  Most likely, the higher ups are the one that made the latest ignorant decisons to commence on one of the busiest holiday sales opportunities of the year while their on their luxury vacations as the pee ons are left with endless fires that need to be put oiut.  I feel sorry for them. Plus the fact I would almost guarantee most of the decision makers have little to no business savvy and/or experience.  I dont care if you have an MBA or what.  A seasoned experienced employ is more valuable.   Theres one problem after another and frankly people are sick and tired.  Can you blame them? 

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: EBAY ON DOWNWARD SPIRAL-NOBODYS FAULT BUT THEIR OWN

@silly-shoes wrote:

Those of you defending ebay should be deemed as bugs planted to throw off the downward spiral that ebay has brought upon itself.Keep bitting the hand that feeds and see what comes of it.

And for those of you complaining the loudest, who think ebay is a cesspool, why not find a platform that better fits your needs.

No one here is defending ebay.  But instead of the constant whining, we prefer to find ways to make it work for us.

Message 31 of 46
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

@racestuff4sale wrote:

“...And just like the message above, where someone with ZERO listings gets on here and moans about something you said, rather than offer solutions. A lot of trolls on here that fluff and divert away from the actual problems that sellers are concerned about...”

FYI—Many eBayers on this forum are long time sellers using posting ID’s.

Some of us so called trolls have been here since 1998 and are still able to make ebay work for us.  Imagine that.

Message 32 of 46
latest reply

Hello everyone,

This thread is getting a bit heated.  Please remember that it’s fine to disagree with others, but discussion should always remain courteous and respectful.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 33 of 46
latest reply

@sara5769 wrote:

Right now they are so inundated with dissatisfied sellers I have a feeling they do NOT know which way is up.  Its completely gone downhill and many have found that its no longer a decent platform to sell their wares.  Just recently with the bonehead moves with the markdown manager and changes with the seller discount program.  People are walking.  We are all in this together.  Demand compensation for lost sales that is abounding the ebay community and entire web.  Rightfully so!.. What you sew you reap and as they say "Karmas a **bleep**" and every one needs to show their discontent.  Most likely, the higher ups are the one that made the latest ignorant decisons to commence on one of the busiest holiday sales opportunities of the year while their on their luxury vacations as the pee ons are left with endless fires that need to be put oiut.  I feel sorry for them. Plus the fact I would almost guarantee most of the decision makers have little to no business savvy and/or experience.  I dont care if you have an MBA or what.  A seasoned experienced employ is more valuable.   Theres one problem after another and frankly people are sick and tired.  Can you blame them? 

Yet they complete more than 1 Billion transactions daily worldwideClick here to review the data.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 34 of 46
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

@sara5769 wrote:

Yet they complete more than 1 Billion transactions daily worldwideClick here to review the data.

Good Luck Selling!

I have noticed that the search system is screwed  up  when  you set it up to search only U.S.   sellers  only , yet you  get international  showing up.

Message 35 of 46
latest reply

Unfortunately, if you have any kind of presence in the US, like a warehouse, then you can list as US.

Some don't even have that.

That is why I put them on my seller exclude list.

Message 36 of 46
latest reply

I'm going to include Mars and Jupiter and see if that helps. 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.
Message 37 of 46
latest reply

Most of those "defending" ebay are long time sellers who come to the boards to try and help the inexperienced.  We know ebay is not going to change because of the rants posted here.   And we have been around long enough to know that the ecommerce landscape is constantly changing and competition is continually increasing. 

The boards attract primarily those that are unhappy with selling on ebay for any number of reasons - many of which are not problems created by ebay.  They are in no way indicative of the vast majority of ebay sellers that have managed to sell here successfully in spite of ebay's policies and glitches. 

Over the years I have sold on many other third party seller sites as creating my own website is beyond my capabilities - for me, ebay is still the best of the bunch. 

Message 38 of 46
latest reply

I am always amazed at how the whole thing get switched to defending ebay when people are merely pointing out facts and policies and how things work here.
There are lots of people not happy about certain decisions ebay makes, including responders, but we have to deal with the reality of what it is...and that is also what those that want help will eventually also need to deal with.

There are no successful businesses that deal with things by making things up and blaming...as the real issues and problem then never get addressed or resolved and solutions are never considered...and will eventually kill any business.

Telling people what they want to hear is also not necessarily helpful.
Telling people what they want to hear isn't the same as helping them and some are just clearly not interested in getting help.....just in the drama.

Message 39 of 46
latest reply

eBay has forgotten all the little people that made this site so popular. They've become just like every other GREEDY Corp.

Message 40 of 46
latest reply

You are here to sell...ebay is here so you have a place to sell.
You have a business to run and ebay has a business to run.
You are in business to make money....ebay is in business to make money

The whole greedy corp and sellers made the site do not apply and people have been saying that for too many years to count every time ebay does something they do not like and mostly because they feel a sense of entitlement they just really do not have.
You are also not an ebay employee and did nothing but use ebay to sell your items.
Repeating these things which have been said again for too many years to count everytime someone doesn't like something...is nothing but repeating an old used excuse to blame...and the what they are upset about will change like the wind.

You are entitled to list items to sell and to buy items in accordance with ebay policies and the UA and nothing more....and that is what ebay allows you to do and nothing more. This is nothing new and how it has always been.

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

@momandpopcybershop15 wrote:

eBay has forgotten all the little people that made this site so popular. They've become just like every other GREEDY Corp.

EBay has not forgotten about the little people.  In fact they are allowing the little people to compete in ways that they have advantages. Many little people do not know how to identify those advantages.  That is understandable.

The problem for these sellers and small sellers alike is that ecommerce is growing in huge steps at a time and changes need to be made that small and little sellers can not keep up with.

Is this an eBay problem alone?   Obviously not, but eBay does release more new Internet ecommerce features than any other company and probalby more than all of them together, which makes it difficult for start ups to compete as they have to use there revenue to develop similar features which leave less momey for there venues other tasks.

This is a path eBay takes on purpose as it help to separate them from other venues.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

Sellers have always competed...competition is part of selling and always has been.
Some sellers are having an issue with blaming for everything  is not to say this is an ebay problem...it is a blaming problem...and not a shared problem either....most sellers do not play the blame game and use ebay to sell our items just like we always have...in accordance with policies.

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

I am sorry but I didn't get what the writer meant by "Karmas a "**bleep**" or whatever was written. It makes no sense in context. Neither does what you replied with make much sense either, because I do not think the previous writer was disparaging a (your) religion. "Karma" as some old Hippies  might remind you was hip slang nonsense for one's bad luck or good luck and had lost any real religious overtones.  You seem to be making a religious kerfuttle over nothing. I think the writer was keeping their opinion light, bad metaphor or no. Also, you reap what you sow.

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

Jesus clearly said that He was the only way to God and proved it by rising from the grave. Not a bone ever found.
Message 45 of 46
latest reply