cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY ON DOWNWARD SPIRAL-NOBODYS FAULT BUT THEIR OWN

Right now they are so inundated with dissatisfied sellers I have a feeling they do NOT know which way is up.  Its completely gone downhill and many have found that its no longer a decent platform to sell their wares.  Just recently with the bonehead moves with the markdown manager and changes with the seller discount program.  People are walking.  We are all in this together.  Demand compensation for lost sales that is abounding the ebay community and entire web.  Rightfully so!.. What you sew you reap and as they say "Karmas a **bleep**" and every one needs to show their discontent.  Most likely, the higher ups are the one that made the latest ignorant decisons to commence on one of the busiest holiday sales opportunities of the year while their on their luxury vacations as the pee ons are left with endless fires that need to be put oiut.  I feel sorry for them. Plus the fact I would almost guarantee most of the decision makers have little to no business savvy and/or experience.  I dont care if you have an MBA or what.  A seasoned experienced employ is more valuable.   Theres one problem after another and frankly people are sick and tired.  Can you blame them? 

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: EBAY ON DOWNWARD SPIRAL-NOBODYS FAULT BUT THEIR OWN

Most of what you are upset about is because you are unaware of the terms of use and because you feel you are an employee...and are "owed" something....sorry but you are just not owed anything, Not how it works.
The rest is frustrating...for everyone......for sure..... but it is what it is and we deal with and many of us have dealt with it for years and years...in part because we agreed to by using the site and we also have made decisions for our own businesses to sell in multiple venues and do what we need to for our own businesses....and do not sit in blame as the solution to anything.

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

**general reply**

Reap what you SOW

(sorry, I just had to!)

Carry on...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 17 of 46
latest reply

So True.  You are wise is what you say.  The fact of the matter too is there are so many other problems that who has the time for.  Obviously our combined efforts in attempting to give Ebay assistance I just noticed in one of the posts taht they are reactivating the old sales markdown manager but you cannot change the price.  Thats great news,  Im proud of Ebay for listening to the people in the trenches.  Thats smart business.  We have been sto frustrated as of late that we finally came to these groups to see if it us or affeting everyone.  One last thing wouldnt it be a smart business move to send all ebayers a note stating that they listened to us and they decided to change it back,  I saw it on a discussion board that was just released today. Best of luck to you and hopefully we all can make a little extra money:)

Happy & Safe Holiday!!

Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Those of you defending ebay should be deemed as bugs planted to throw off the downward spiral that ebay has brought upon itself.Keep bitting the hand that feeds and see what comes of it.

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

your right..its ridiculous what they have gotten away with.  Finally today after looking at a post that they were reinstating the sales promotion as before and not w/ all the restrictions to boost sales.  People seem to be more concerned in being politically correct when they got taken advantage over a period of time.  Obviously these naysers complain about nonsense when the fact of the matter was when I was looking at the discussion board I read that they were reverting back to the old system.  Words from different people w/ basic common sense convinced Upper and middle management that maybe it is more business savvy to leave things be especially when many people were complaining about the same things.  Mind you, I have never been on here before but with what I had to go through the last several weeks and months I thought I would verify if it was me or many more involved. As you know, many many people were upset, some leaving and many talking about it.  Can you blame them,  also wouldnt it have been a wiser savvy business decision to not only reinstate what was working and give sellers a heads up with a note, text or email advising us of said changes. This did NOT happen.  I spent Hours on the phone trying to make sense of all the changes,  What a challenge when the Ebay staff doesnt know what the bottom line is. ( views and dashboard glitches and new rules regarding how often and when you can initiate a sale. Believe most are still not aware of the changes back to where they should be.  Like I said this is my first time on this blog and I am so happy ebay made the right decision and the  sellers that all have some ridiculous excuse should be ashamed.  Whats right is right and whats fair is fair. Its not wrong to speak up and give input that is in the best interest of Ebay,  The sellers in the trenches know whats going on,  These moves dont appear to be well planned out.  Many do agree.  Do you like being cheated and treated unfairly?  Neither do I.  We work way too hard for so little.......We have been top rated and have 100% Feedback.  We personally write a personal hand written note to each and every buyer.  We go over and above the call of duty.  Its so Frustrating and so much of all of our precious time is wasted having to call up to recify something.  I try at all costs to avoid- But the time has come and it will only enable ebay to become the best company in an industry where new players are rampant, hungry and play by fair rules. I truly believe that Ebay should compensate the store owners and people involved in the lastest fiasco?

Good Luck

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

@racestuff4sale wrote:

“...And just like the message above, where someone with ZERO listings gets on here and moans about something you said, rather than offer solutions. A lot of trolls on here that fluff and divert away from the actual problems that sellers are concerned about...”

FYI—Many eBayers on this forum are long time sellers using posting ID’s.

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

Ah fash - let it go and it goes over many peoples heads. They want to believe what they want to believe. I do think Ebay should be sending me a paycheck and compensating me for my "troll" work.

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

Those of you defending ebay should be deemed as bugs planted to throw off the downward spiral that ebay has brought upon itself.

When a seller is stuck in a downward spiral, it seems to make him feel better to believe that everyone else is stuck in that spiral too. 

Pointing out the flaws in this logic is not "defending eBay", it is defending the many sellers who are working hard and doing well. 

Keep bitting the hand that feeds and see what comes of it.

If this is another prediction about the demise of eBay, you'll need to step to the back - there are sellers who have been waiting in that line for a decade or more. 

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@sara5769

What good would it do to call the CS center, there isn't anyone there that can do anything.

They can barely take care of the problems they are supposed to do.

That's because they don't speak English just read responses from prepared script.

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

"And just like the message above, where someone with ZERO listings gets on here and moans about something you said, rather than offer solutions. A lot of trolls on here that fluff and divert away from the actual problems that sellers are concerned about."

Some people use a posting ID to post here. Like myself. They aren't trolls and they have lots of listings.
Message 25 of 46
latest reply

Whats behind them is a greedy man/MEN.

Greedy men.

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

Depending what payment method you use on Shopify you are still open to chargebacks. As long as you take credit cards you are vulnerable. If you only take money orders most people won’t buy.

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

Speak for yourself.  THIRTY MILLION transactions a day - SOMEBODY is happy.

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

Let me enlighten you. Saturn does'nt really care if you call him a beep. It's his job.

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

@sara5769 wrote:

We are all in this together. 

No, we are not.   If it does not work out for you it does not mean it does not work out for everyone else as well.

Message 30 of 46
latest reply