cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone use or have small printer label machines? do they work better than home printer?

It's me againSmiley Happy I've seen other youtube sellers using the same printer label machines.

Wondering if this is better than the home printer with paper labels? Can you hook these small printers to a laptop? I  hate using our Epsom printer for my labels. New smaller machines are self-adhesive labels...know they more costly to use.  Trying to find easier solutions for my eBay business. Thank You

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Does anyone use or have small printer label machines? do they work better than home printer?

I have an older Dymo and love it. It also keeps a record of all your labels for future use.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: Does anyone use or have small printer label machines? do they work better than home printer?

thank you papermoneyfor me! one question? how do you install or hook it up to a computer?
my computer crashed. using my google hp chromebook. how does the printer work in order to print my eBay labels? thank you :))
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

We use the Brother QL-1110NWB.
What is good about thermal printers is that you don't need to worry about ink. The printer we have has a wireless connection, so it will work with laptops.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@toyshnip!!! You made MY DAY!!! thank you so very much with your information...thrilled to get your positive feedback! Very much appreciated 🙂
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@dm772012 wrote:
@toyshnip!!! You made MY DAY!!! thank you so very much with your information...thrilled to get your positive feedback! Very much appreciated 🙂

You are welcome!

Just remember you will still need a regular printer if you want to print invoices.

Also you will need to adjust the printing preferences on ebay to have them print on a smaller printer. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Highly recommend the Rollo it is more open source and works with all sorts of label sizes, you can re-size for slight label variations easily and it can use the huge rolls of thermal labels that big UPS printers use, so you can buy in bulk rather than the small rolls the Dymo uses. It even uses fan-fold labels if you don't want to use rolls. Not sure about drivers for chromebook but I know they work with all windows/mac laptops/pcs and it uses a USB. I think they have a beta driver for linux. You can check their website for more details. I have had one for a few years now and printed thousands of labels on it, never an issue.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@toyshnip...thank you for your great input and advice! I use to print invoices for my customers. My printer isn't installed...offline. we have to figure out how to get it installed to the old computer :(((
we're not tech savvy in our casa...need a teenager to help me out :)))
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@pcmbuy...wow, thanks a bunch! Your input is very much appreciated! brother QL -1100 is pricey...what's not expensive these days 😞 look into your printer "asap!" with gratitude, thanks again :)))
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@dm772012 wrote:
thank you papermoneyfor me! one question? how do you install or hook it up to a computer?
my computer crashed. using my google hp chromebook. how does the printer work in order to print my eBay labels? thank you :))

Dymo uses power cable and USB port so can connect to lap top if you have a free USB.

My Dymo was under $69 when I purchased it.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@dm772012 wrote:

I was looking into getting one as well. I'm using my chromebook for ebay now too. I did some research and it look like they don't work with chromebooks.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply