cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone sell anything on eBay anymore?

I have $32,000 in merchandise listed on eBay and had one $9 sale in the entire month of June. On the other hand, when I search for interesting things to buy on eBay -- used and/or vintage -- I find very little.

This is my 19th year as an eBay seller/buyer; and to think there was once a time when I spent $5,000 a month on the site.

Something must be driving the stock price, other than display ads and corporate lies?

Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Re: Does anyone sell anything on eBay anymore?

It is very sad ebay was once the greatest place to buy and sell And now Im sure all the sellers ( except those who are being catered to ate thinking of other ways to sell their items Ebay has died fast 4 or 5 months and Ive seen my sales go from 2500 per week to 500 to 1000 not enough to maintain my household.
Message 76 of 105
latest reply

the way it is going  ebay wants to be Amazon now  and they are price pmatching   they want FREE SHIPPING   they want 180 day return policy    Heck half the stuf i sell the shipping cost more than the itrem 

Message 77 of 105
latest reply

Slowing down is not good when you are trying to build up, you have nearly 5,000 items on eBay, no idea how you pay for a store that large and do all that work.

I feel for you, you work hard and pay out a lot to do what you are doing.

Message 78 of 105
latest reply

They actually raised the Pro Store up to 399  added more free fixed listings  and lowered the auctions from 2500 free to 1000  I think Greed is getting in the way  of the corporate. But whay do I know  

Message 79 of 105
latest reply

Terrible, not many will be able to maintain that, eBay should close down their store program and offer unlimited free listings to all sellers in good standing, in the end they are going to have to do that because so many sellers are closing their stores due to slow sales.

Message 80 of 105
latest reply

thats a good margin  I try to get 30% out of 300 new listings a week   Layely my sales have been less then 1000 per week,   not enough to pay my bills .  I have been making my sole living from Ebay for the last 10 years    this year  things may have to change.  At least  I will not be giving ebay 30,000 in fees per year anymore if I have to make a change    I hera there arte sites  with really low listing and final fees  anyone know any   like Bonanza 

Message 81 of 105
latest reply

I agree I believe Ebay will get worse befroe recovering if they ever recover.    I think they changed their  model so much to make as much greedy cash they forgot  that when the sellers leave the buyers will follow. 

Message 82 of 105
latest reply

You pay eBay 400 bucks a month for a store they should be giving you unlimited free listings, period, end of story, fixed or auctions.

Message 83 of 105
latest reply

We added auto parts,   some are ok, We added house repair items, tools, electronics and other things, Bicycle parts  along with the vintage items  But even silver is slow on ebay   I just think  ebay is on the way down. If the trend  continues  to decline the millions of buyers and sellers will leave for other avenues. I cant imagine Ebay wants  to crumble  so I think they will reverse  and go back to the better model. If not  I dont think they will make much on fees if the sellers are gone    think about it     They will make this work 

Message 84 of 105
latest reply

Read my last 3 or 4 posts, if eBay wants to survive they are going to have to do what I say they need to do or they are going to be the next Yahoo.

Message 85 of 105
latest reply

It appears that there are quite a few sellers offering goods for sale here on eBay.  Whether or not there are many buyers buying may be a different story.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 86 of 105
latest reply

You hit it right on, I know my buying is way down due to slower sales.

A rising tide floats all the boats...........when the tide goes back out they are all grounded.

Message 87 of 105
latest reply

@liq1000 wrote:

Terrible, not many will be able to maintain that, eBay should close down their store program and offer unlimited free listings to all sellers in good standing, in the end they are going to have to do that because so many sellers are closing their stores due to slow sales.

That's all Ebay needs is more mass produced cell phone cases and such. No thanks, let Amazon be the one for that.

Message 88 of 105
latest reply

@liq1000 wrote:

$   38,498,763,585    eBay market capitalization  38 billion

$ 479,763,127,366     Amazon market cap.            479 billion

Yes, Amazon is much bigger.

That doesn't mean they're making any money though.

Amazon gets a lot of credit for spending on R&D, but that's not the reason they mostly show no profit.  They're actually buying merchandise... paying thousands of people to run distribution centers... eating billions on subsidizing "Free Shipping" for Prime members.

eBay has turned a fat profit, for a long time.  They win, hands down, on that count.  Stock price is an expectations game, I don't even know why anyone discusses it unless they're talking stocks.   "eCommerce gurus" may constantly compare the two, but Amazon isn't competing with eBay.  Amazon is competing with WalMart... both enormous companies moving far more merchandise (GMV) than eBay, and on very thin margins.   I think eBay would like to chase them. 

They're doing well on making the margins thinner part (ours, not theirs!), but I can't see them ever matching Amazon or Walmart's volume (or price points) with that plan.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 89 of 105
latest reply

Right, eBay wants that volume but the only way they will get it is with sellers losing money while they take 10% plus store fees.......

It is not going to work, eBay management is playing smoke and mirror games, eBay is dead as a doornail right now in spite of the TV ads and Hal Lawton's deals.

Message 90 of 105
latest reply