cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know the list of categories that support multiple variations

I have several of one type of a textile item but in different colors but the textile category does not seem to support multiple color variations.

Is there a list of the categories that do?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Does anyone know the list of categories that support multiple variations

@kathy507 wrote:

I have several of one type of a textile item but in different colors but the textile category does not seem to support multiple color variations.

Is there a list of the categories that do?

not sure about specific categories, but here is the ebay link for variation listings>

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/creating-listings-variations?i...

and here is the ebay link for category listings>

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/adding-category-listing?id=414...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The list has never been comprehensive or up to date.  FWIW, the variations format might be available in some sub-categories but not in others, so you have to check specifically.  Here are two strategies for finding an appropriate (sub)category:

(1) search for the type of item you're planning to list, then see which listings offer variations (which are easy to spot if they have different prices). For instance, a search on tapestry color brings up a search page with several item showing price ranges, which only happen with variations listings.

(2) set up a new fixed-price listing, choose a category, and see if the variations option shows up, just below the option to add a second category.

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 3.40.42 PM.png

BUT

Many potential buyers shop primarily by looking at the images. If they don't like the color shown in your chosen Gallery image, they might just move on to another listing.  IMHO the variations option is useful for offering different sizes, but if you have different colors you should consider listing them separately.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Sadly no. You'd have to see for yourself by trial and error.

Anything and everything multi variation wise gets pushed to the back burner many times with ebay. There have (and still are) a lot of glitches with MV listings. The ones that got fixed were most likely side effects of other fixes or something that ebay intentionally fixed years after the reported issue.

I don't understand why ebay does this because there clearly is value in the program... ebay being lazy I guess.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

on Germany eBay it is in the category of Coins and somewhere else...

Here is the practical example.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/182453227476

Message 5 of 5
latest reply