cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I really have to pay fee's when the BUYER cancels cus they changed their mind?

I've had at least 6 buyers cancel their orders this month, and its been screwing me over hard. I've paid over $30 in fee's refunding buyers. 

So... a few questions
1- Do I really have to take THIS big of a risk eating a fee when I list something and someone changes their mind? 
2 - Why do I have to pay a fee when the buyer is the one who should be liable. 

3 - for what reasons am I required to accept a cancellation? The last buyer just said "Sorry I found a better price". Does a refund for this reason have to be honored? 
4- Does ebay care this little for their sellers? The very people who make them money? I'm honestly sick of getting screwed over by buyers and paying fees all over. And I CANT EVEN LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK on the buyer? What. 

Any advice? I'm sick of being stepped on and disrespected by buyers.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Do I really have to pay fee's when the BUYER cancels cus they changed their mind?

One day I had a buyer purchase a $500 item then ask to cancel the order. Cost me $15 in PP fees. Then I had what seemed like a zero feedback scammer purchase a $600 item from me, so I cancelled the order and cost me $17 in fees. That was most of my profit for the day.  Very annoying. 

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Re: Do I really have to pay fee's when the BUYER cancels cus they changed their mind?

Returns are inevitable - only you know what percentage is customary.  You have to put the costs associated with returns into your listing price - not assuming 100% returns, but whatever your experience tells you is appropriate.  EVERY successful retailer factors returns into planning.  Have you ever seen the returns line at a Wal-Mart, Costco, Target, etc.?  Amazon has so many returns that they have to partner with Kohl's to be a drop-off point.  Oh, and you don't think that those retailers get some dubious excuses for returns? 

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

natn_us_rdzw3hci3a
Pathfinder

Same issues for me! I agree 100% with you !

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Why did you accept the $500 cancelation?  

I don't believe that you had justification for cancelling the $600 purchase based merely on your suspicion that because they had zero feedback they were a scammer. 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Zombie thread.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply