cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not receive Hurricane Irma credit

eBay said that those of us in Florida were going to get this due to Hurricane Irma.
I wrote to the address provided in the announcement to be sure I was in the affected area and they assured me I was and that my fees would be waived/credited.

Here's what the announcement stated:
"Store subscription fees will be waived for a three month period"
I just got my 1st invoice since then and got charged for my store fees.
No waiver or credit was applied
Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@myclosettwoyours wrote:

@Anonymous I too am in the affected area during Irma.  I have not received my automtic store fee credit nor the $30 shipping supply coupon.  Please add my store to the list of those missed.  It would help my little store as sales have been impacted significantly.

Thank you!

Hi @myclosettwoyours, reach out to hurricanerelief@ebay.com and our Customer Service team will be happy to dig into this for you.

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@designerconsignertampa wrote:

@Anonymous Actually, I will circle back to this and gladly admit that I was wrong. I had to manually request a list of credits from a larger period of time, but when I did so, the credit did show up (apparently it was issued prior to the 16th). Apologies, and thank you for helping resolve this. Hopefully everyone else looking for their account updates will look in the right place and stumble across it. 

Hi @designerconsignertampa, happy to hear you found this credit! Thanks for the update slight_smile

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

@bremontoy0 wrote:
Call ebay and remind them

Ditto.

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

Let me tell you from my recent experience what to expect, since I just went through this process with eBay and hurricane Irma. I had to contact them probably 30 times. I originally emailed the hurricane relief email in regards to getting a coupon and which I was told I would get it when I get it. It never happened I had to call and speak with many customer service representatives and which they kept saying they would put in a request to that department to generate a coupon, Weeks Later nothing ever happened. I kept calling in frustration and I got a reference number to my phone call so that they would know what I'm talking about. Last time I called they didn't even believe me and said I would need to forward that original email I got to them as proof because they thought I was making up the credits. I said I thought it was ridiculous that customer service didn't even know what their own CEO promised relief victims and it was right on the eBay announcements page with what they promised and they didn't even know. We went around in circles until I demanded it because it was a promise and they said they generated the coupons and there would be a 3 month credit on my October invoice after embarrassingly seeing the public post.

Here's the hilarious part, after I threatened to speak with a supervisor about not hearing back from the hurricane relief at eBay email I conveniently got an email reply from that entity after repeatedly sending emails to them saying I never heard back from them. They said I didn't hear back from them because I was not recognized as an affected seller even though I got an email from the department earlier recognizing me as an affected seller. Hello...! I'm in the disaster area of Florida how dare they say I wasn't impacted. But to be fair at the end of the email they said for all of my inconvenience they would still process the credits so I'm waiting to see that when the fees are due next week for October and I'm waiting any day now from my shipping coupon and promoted listing credits to appear. Hope this helps just keep calling customer service and harassing them because they clearly don't know what their own company promised their sellers in which case they can go to the seller announcements if they don't believe you. For me it wasn't about the money necessarily but about them fulfilling a promise that no one has seen yet to look good to the public. They have no right to say otherwise. Hope this helps.

stores.ebay.com/ellajayclothing
Message 19 of 30
latest reply

@ellajayclothing wrote:

Let me tell you from my recent experience what to expect, since I just went through this process with eBay and hurricane Irma. I had to contact them probably 30 times. I originally emailed the hurricane relief email in regards to getting a coupon and which I was told I would get it when I get it. It never happened I had to call and speak with many customer service representatives and which they kept saying they would put in a request to that department to generate a coupon, Weeks Later nothing ever happened. I kept calling in frustration and I got a reference number to my phone call so that they would know what I'm talking about. Last time I called they didn't even believe me and said I would need to forward that original email I got to them as proof because they thought I was making up the credits. I said I thought it was ridiculous that customer service didn't even know what their own CEO promised relief victims and it was right on the eBay announcements page with what they promised and they didn't even know. We went around in circles until I demanded it because it was a promise and they said they generated the coupons and there would be a 3 month credit on my October invoice after embarrassingly seeing the public post.

Here's the hilarious part, after I threatened to speak with a supervisor about not hearing back from the hurricane relief at eBay email I conveniently got an email reply from that entity after repeatedly sending emails to them saying I never heard back from them. They said I didn't hear back from them because I was not recognized as an affected seller even though I got an email from the department earlier recognizing me as an affected seller. Hello...! I'm in the disaster area of Florida how dare they say I wasn't impacted. But to be fair at the end of the email they said for all of my inconvenience they would still process the credits so I'm waiting to see that when the fees are due next week for October and I'm waiting any day now from my shipping coupon and promoted listing credits to appear. Hope this helps just keep calling customer service and harassing them because they clearly don't know what their own company promised their sellers in which case they can go to the seller announcements if they don't believe you. For me it wasn't about the money necessarily but about them fulfilling a promise that no one has seen yet to look good to the public. They have no right to say otherwise. Hope this helps.

I am so sorry you had such an experience.  You went through so much with the storm, you and all those in that area, and it is just sad that you went through this as well.  Hoping you and yours are all well and safe.  Wishing you all the best as you move forward...and I hope you get those credits, coupons, and promoted listings credits.  I totally understand... a promise is a promise, and not just a PR promotion.  Good Luck.

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

@Anonymous Thank you!  I just sent an email, I will keep the Board posted on what happens.

@Anonymous wrote:

@myclosettwoyours wrote:

@Anonymous I too am in the affected area during Irma.  I have not received my automtic store fee credit nor the $30 shipping supply coupon.  Please add my store to the list of those missed.  It would help my little store as sales have been impacted significantly.

Thank you!

Hi @myclosettwoyours, reach out to hurricanerelief@ebay.com and our Customer Service team will be happy to dig into this for you.

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

trinton@ebay

Thank you for keeping up with these topics and being helpful. It means a lot to most of us.

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

@myclosettwoyours wrote:

@Anonymous Thank you!  I just sent an email, I will keep the Board posted on what happens.

@Anonymous wrote:

@myclosettwoyours wrote:

Thank you!

@Anonymous Following up.  I sent an email to hurricanerelief@ebay.com on 11/1 requesting for them to look into fee credits and shipping supply coupon.  No response as yet.  Can I ask you to nudge them?  Thank you!

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@myclosettwoyours wrote:

@myclosettwoyours wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@myclosettwoyours wrote:

Thank you!

@Anonymous Following up.  I sent an email to hurricanerelief@ebay.com on 11/1 requesting for them to look into fee credits and shipping supply coupon.  No response as yet.  Can I ask you to nudge them?  Thank you!

Did you email them in from the email address on file for this account? I'm not seeing that we ever received an email, but am happy to look into this deeper if you can give me some additional details.

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@myclosettwoyours wrote:

@myclosettwoyours wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@myclosettwoyours wrote:

Thank you!

Did you email them in from the email address on file for this account? I'm not seeing that we ever received an email, but am happy to look into this deeper if you can give me some additional details.

Yes, emailed from the email on file for this account.  I will re-send the initial email by way of "forward." Thanks for your help!

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

I have called them several times...they said the credit would appear in Novembber...as of 11/16 do not see it being reflected on my invoice.  Why is it taking so long to credit..the bulletin was issued over 2 months ago. It will be negative publicity to issue such a statement and not come through. 

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

@gameofcards wrote:

I have called them several times...they said the credit would appear in Novembber...as of 11/16 do not see it being reflected on my invoice.  Why is it taking so long to credit..the bulletin was issued over 2 months ago. It will be negative publicity to issue such a statement and not come through. 

I can't believe we are all still fighting for these credits, I was issued a " coupon code" which turned up invalid. I called again today to get a new code and they were still clueless as to what I was talking about and had no idea about the credit and I had to refer them to their own CEOs post once again. This has been going on for so long and the invoices are so confusing as to what credits are applied. Fees are sketchy too. 

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

trinton@ebay

I have emailed twice in October with no reply. Any help you can give would be appreciated!

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

I had to email repeatedly, post on the forums, and contact ebay for business on facebook just to get my October credit.

They sent a reply finally which stated I would be covered for 3 months (I was credited October) and that the November invoice would automatically credit me. It, of course, did not.

So now I'm back to emailing and having to do all this nonsense to get the credit Ebay keeps promising.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Absolutely disappointing. I hope eBay realizes they let a lot of sellers down. Just a final update. I was given a coupon that didn't work, called, spoke with supervisors in marketing team, they had no idea what the credits we're, I had to refer them to their CEOs post, they promised a call back not only did I never hear back but the supposed coupon I was issued already expired even though their own marketing doesn't know how to make a simple coupon. The frustration outweighed the benefits of getting the credits. But I will never tell people they did what they promised, once again not helping sellers. Something so simple took months with over 50 phone calls and no answers.

I. Gave. Up.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply