cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyber Monday

Did you get extra sales? I had the same piddling amount on ebay and fairly good but nothing stellar on Amazon. 

I'm in the used book business though, not electronics or toys.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Cyber Monday

From Adobe Analytics, which measures online transactions of the 100 largest US Web retailers:

As of 10:00 a.m. Monday, Americans had spent nearly $14B online since Thanksgiving Day.  Cyber Monday was expected to be the biggest online shopping day in history.  As of 10:00 a.m. (Cyber Monday), online sales were $840M, a 17% increase over last year.

Paraphrased from an article in today's Washington Post.

Oh yeah, and Amazon accounts for 43% of all online sales, year round.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Cyber Monday

one!
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Cyber Monday

To answer your question (sorry, my brain went sideways and that never happens laughing), I had very good sales but I was running a sale on all items from Thursday through Monday and almost all items are holiday or gifty items.

I will shut down this weekend; done until 2018.  I will also ignore the 10 things that could* be carefully packed and mailed today because it's going to be ABOVE 60 (maybe 62 !) degrees and the sun is shining and we have a tee time in 45 minutes.

Priorities ...

*There's a reason why I've always had 2-day handling.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Cyber Monday

@sharingtheland wrote:

To answer your question (sorry, my brain went sideways and that never happens laughing), I had very good sales but I was running a sale on all items from Thursday through Monday and almost all items are holiday or gifty items.

I will shut down this weekend; done until 2018.  I will also ignore the 10 things that could* be carefully packed and mailed today because it's going to be ABOVE 60 (maybe 62 !) degrees and the sun is shining and we have a tee time in 45 minutes.

Priorities ...

*There's a reason why I've always had 2-day handling.

I took a break to work in the yard this weekend when it was warm and sunny.  Th ere has to be something besides work at least some  of the time.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Cyber Monday

I've had five small sales since Thanksgiving. That's all. Merry Christmas.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Cyber Monday

I had zero sales on Friday and Monday but I had a fairly good Saturday, Sunday and today.

What I'm selling doesn't get purchased as gifts very often and I wasn't offering any special Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals.

People I know who were out buying (B&M or online) were all looking for DEEP discounts, some got some deals, other didn't.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Cyber Monday

Sales have been up for me overall, and very good over the four days of the Thanksgiving holiday period, but not particularly special just today.  Cyber Monday didn't know I exist.  November started off on the slow side for me, and has built up nicely overall, though.

As to books, I've had some books sales but more of sets that feature one character in an ongoing theme from book to book, and in the 18 to 24 books to a set size of sale, and NOT huge prices either!  I'm mostly taking advantage of this time of year to get these books MOVED OUT.  Daughter thought she'd sell books here, found out how little profit there was in all the mundane stuff she'd put her money into, and dumped boxes of them on me when she decided to just take the easy way out and get a job!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Cyber Monday

Also mostly a book seller and had a normal weekend.

On my postage business, my customers were calling me. Since many of them are eBay dealers, I suspect they are having pretty decent holiday sales.

I will also ignore the 10 things.... mailed today because it's going to be ABOVE 60 (maybe 62 !) degrees

I nearly had a heart attack before I remembered that the US still uses Fahrenheit measurement.

It's a balmy 9 degrees Celcius here in Victoria BC. Winter means we put on socks.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Cyber Monday

Nothing outside of the norm.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Cyber Monday

@keziak  On two accounts I put every Fixed Price item I have for sale on a Promoted Listing campaign to run from Sunday Nov 26 to Monday Dec 4.  What I sell is not necessarily Christmas gift stuff but I figured more folks woulld be online so why not ... had 2 sales Monday on the two accounts (total of 4) and Monday's normally aren't big selling days for me.  Just mixing it up a bit ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Cyber Monday

We have 3 accounts among the family and it was FLAT. What Cyber Monday? Compared to a few years ago, this is DEATH sentence here on eBay. I can't believe we're stuck with the rest of yearly contract months for 2 accounts. What a sham.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Cyber Monday

Cyber Monday LOL    I have 2 accounts , 1 with a lot of Christmas stuff, 1 sale on Monday between the 2 accounts. Are they just counting electronic stuff or what?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Cyber Monday

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I was doing really good Up till Cyber Monday when my sells stopped, Then  No sells on Monday, I did have 1 sell today!  I am sure It will pick up soon, 🙂

Message 14 of 14
latest reply